PDA

View Full Version : Best lines ever

Pages : [1] 2

nagash66
06-12-2007, 12:21
Well I was reading the HH books again and I realized that whatever their faults they had some really cool moments (I mean were they marines go HEY WHATS UP?), and it got my thinking what in your opinion is the best 40k line ever, for me even tho it is cheesy and old and over used it has to be The Emperor protects which every Guardsmen in the Galaxy screams over and over in a battle you?

Tonberry
06-12-2007, 12:22
Chaos Cultists from DoW, "Arrrrggghh, my spleeeen!".

OrlyggJafnakol
06-12-2007, 12:32
I have always liked 'hope is the first step towards disappointment.' Very evocative of the 40k universe. The old 'thought of the day' stuff from the rulebook were full of other excellent lines.

Burnthem
06-12-2007, 13:24
A bit cheesy, but cool nonetheless - "Men of Tanith! Do you want to live forever?!?" from the GG books obviously.

You can quote awesome lines from 40K all day - "Suffer not the heretic/mutant/witch/unclean to live" is a good one, as is "Kill! Maim! Burn!" most beloved of Khorne players..

GR_Zombie
06-12-2007, 14:13
"When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout."
-Parody of the Litany of Command,
popular among commisar cadets.
From the Cain novels =)

OrlyggJafnakol
06-12-2007, 14:15
I also like 'in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war.'

==Me==
06-12-2007, 14:16
A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
Never forget.
Never forgive.

Gen.Steiner
06-12-2007, 14:16
"I find travel narrows the mind wonderfully" - Inq. Kryptmann

Then there's the Thoughts for the Day as well as "Only the insane may judge what is truly sane" and the classic "What is the terror of death? To die knowing our work is unfinished. What is the joy of life? To die knowing our task is complete."

Captain Micha
06-12-2007, 14:18
An open mind is like an empty fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded.

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

An empty mind is a clean mind.

Lexington
06-12-2007, 14:24
"Though my men may sleep, and my ships may lie at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire." ;)

RobZie
06-12-2007, 14:39
orks orks orks orks, orks orks orks orks

(ork marching chant in dawn of war)

DartzIRL
06-12-2007, 14:41
Don't worry lad's, they'll never hit us from all the way ove....

-Unknown

de Selby
06-12-2007, 14:58
Do not waste your tears,
I was not born to watch the world grow dim,
life is not measured in years,
but by the deeds of men

fengor
06-12-2007, 15:19
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I'm going to beat you with till you know who is in ********** command here!"

"There's no power in the 'verse that can stop me."

DapperAnarchist
06-12-2007, 15:19
The "Don't worry lads" is a paraphrasing of a Confederate officer in the American Civil War...

k'ron
06-12-2007, 15:24
I'm always quite impressed by the line on the back of the apocalypse book "In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war" although I think that line is only good because it makes me laugh, even though it probably was a copy and paste error.

TheOverlord
06-12-2007, 15:30
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE OF KHORNE!

My all time favourite, and the very first line I've ever heard from 40k.

fengor
06-12-2007, 15:34
why do i always get the image of a khorne bezerker that walks over the battlefield scratching his head and reading his shopping list in the other hand in my mind when i hear that phrase?

"Blood for the Blood god,
skulls for the skull throne,
fresh eggs for breakfast
and dont forget to get the laundry."

mistformsquirrel
06-12-2007, 15:37
Thought for the Day: A suspicious mind is a healthy mind.

To me that pretty much sums up the Imperium. Trust nothing, for anything could be the enemy.

ceno
06-12-2007, 15:40
cities of death:
"every man is a but spark in the darkness". :-)

kris.sherriff
06-12-2007, 15:41
I can't remember it word for word at the moment and my books aren’t to hand but my all time favorite is.
"Although our men may rest, our ships may sit at anchor but our big guns never tire."
Huron Blackheart of the Astral Claws.

I am sure someone will correct me on the wording the full qoute is in the 2nd ed rule book.

Kris

inquisitor solarris
06-12-2007, 15:43
"if you will not serve in the field, you'll serve on the firing line"
especially when a guardsman was about to qustion back to the commander :)

Geddonight
06-12-2007, 15:44
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I'm going to beat you with till you know who is in ********** command here!"

Hate to nitpick, but they never swear in english... he said "rutting command" ;)

anyway, I think my favorite 40k line comes from DoW... and I've used it ever since I run my chaos marines across the board:

"Do YOU hear the VOICES TOO!?!?!"

fengor
06-12-2007, 15:55
ah ok then i misheard, i was typing from memory and it has been a while since i saw the series.

Hicks
06-12-2007, 16:26
"May the Emperor have mercy upon you, for we will not". -Inquisition

I especially like it because often time Imperial slogans is just about how pure, courageous and righteous they are, this one is directly threatening the ennemy.

I really need to find a variation for my DIY space marine chapter's battle cry.

Vasteye
06-12-2007, 16:34

DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!!!

ahem :D

loyalist42
06-12-2007, 16:36
"revenge is a dish best served slightly chilled, with those little cheesy things on sticks."

think that's from one of the cain novels...and i love it!

Gen.Steiner
06-12-2007, 16:41
"revenge is a dish best served slightly chilled, with those little cheesy things on sticks."

think that's from one of the cain novels...and i love it!

I think it may actually be lifted from Codex: Witchhunters... :confused:

Herman the Heathen
06-12-2007, 16:41
Repent! For tomorrow you die.

The rewards of tolerance are treachary and betrayal.

Gotta love the inquisition.

JackBurton01
06-12-2007, 16:43
There is no such thing as innocence only varying degrees of guilt.
Innocence proves nothing
Not 40K but gotrek's- You ave robbed me of a mighty doom

Light of the Emperor
06-12-2007, 16:43
The orks from DoW have some classic ones..."Where's da trukk...whyz I walkin?"

And from the ork codex "dis bit goes dere" and "jobz a good 'un!"

My all time favorite though is:
"Worship the Emperor for His sacrifice. As He has endured so shall we. We, who are the hunters of daemons, shall strive in his name eternally."

Mad Larkin UK
06-12-2007, 16:45
A bit cheesy, but cool nonetheless - "Men of Tanith! Do you want to live forever?!?" from the GG books obviously.

You can quote awesome lines from 40K all day - "Suffer not the heretic/mutant/witch/unclean to live" is a good one, as is "Kill! Maim! Burn!" most beloved of Khorne players..

Isnt that just stolen from Starship troopers??? that always made me cringe

The best on is on DOW, the grots
"eerr guns might be that way...lets go the other way"

unclejimbo827
06-12-2007, 16:48
From DoW, if that counts:

"Pull da pin, throw da uvva part"

Gen.Steiner
06-12-2007, 16:50

I can safely say that "KILL! MAIM! BURN!" never once appears in Starship Troopers by Heinlein. "Men of Tanith! Do you want to live forever?" comes from a famous US Marine sergeant in WWI, I believe, except he said "C'mon, you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"

CaptainDamon
06-12-2007, 16:53
Nearly all of the stoic imperial dogma amuses me.

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

King Thurgun
06-12-2007, 16:56

Actually thats stolen from an actual quote by a real life US marine. Don't remember his name. The guy cursed in the quote though, so they gave him the Silver Cross for it, instead of the Medal of Honor. Too racy for the big shiny medal i guess :D

As for 40k quotes!

Even in Death I still serve

And with a single stroke, I consign a billion souls to death and an entire world to oblivion.

Orks is neva beaten in battle. If we dead we dead so it don't count as beat. And if we run away, we can always come back fer 'annuver go...

AND WE SHALL KNOW NO FEAR, FOR WE ARE FEAR INCARNATE!

Grazzy
06-12-2007, 16:57
I play inquisition, and love ''innocence proves nothing''

Norminator
06-12-2007, 17:06
From the Imperium:

"What is the strongest weapon of mankind? The god-machines of the Adeptus Mechanics? No! The Astartes Legions? No! The tank? The lasgun? The fist? No to all! Courage, and courage alone stands above them all!" - Lord Solar Macharius

"After the orbital strikes, Thunderhawk bombardments, Whirlwinds, Vindicators, fusion and starfire and finally Battle Brothers with flamers had finished cleansing the world of all the enemies of Man, we built a monastery in the center of the largest, most radioactive impact crater. We named the planet "Tranquility", for it was very quiet now." - Brother Vlad Carthas

"Do not ask, 'Why kill the alien?'
Rather ask, 'Why not?'" - Battle Brother Artemis of the Deathwatch

And from the Eldar;

"The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude."

catbarf
06-12-2007, 17:08

"There's no power in the 'verse that can stop me."

Wrong sci-fi universe :p

MacVurrich
06-12-2007, 17:09
“Dakka Dakka, Dakka Dakka, and if dat’z not enuff den wez Dakka Dakka dem some more “

“The Black Barun
Vulcha Sqwadron ace on Rym’s World”

Ophidian
06-12-2007, 17:13
Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life. I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear.

ChaosMaster
06-12-2007, 17:16
"Better Smeg Than Dead" from Red Dwarf. And from the 40K Dawn of War PC game, "sanity is for the weak!"

I <3 W
06-12-2007, 17:27
quite a few in the chaos codex about the horus heresy. "It was now, at the very moment of his triumph that Horus made his one and only mistak"
-"Perhaps some small, repressed shred of his humanity and loyalty betrayed Horus, preventing him from dealing the fatal blow"
-The emperor, appaled at what Horus had becpme, seeing his son and friend as nothing more han a pawn of the chaos gods, redoubled his counter-attack, dismissing all thoughts of what Horus had once been. With a last efforet the emperor struck home, shredding the mind of his former friend even as he carved apart the body. The emperor destroyed te last vestiges of his chosen son, though the effort of doing so drained the emperor of his energy and many, many more

Xenocidal Maniac
06-12-2007, 17:28
The quote in my sig is my favorite line from 40k. Sums it all up, I think. But there are lots of real gems in the 40k universe, many of which have already been mentioned.

FireN.Brimstone
06-12-2007, 17:41
Both from the Inquisitor Codexs

There's not such thing as a plea of innocence in my court, a plea of innocence is guilt of wasting my time, GUILTY!

Those who stand in the way of the Emperor will be forgiven in death, those that betray the Emperor will never be forgiven. - Not quite sure I got this one 100% correct.

webway67
06-12-2007, 17:47
As a Dark Eldar player it has to be "pray they don't take you alive."

Gen.Steiner
06-12-2007, 17:50
"He was found wanting at the front line." - Codex: Imperial Guard.

Agrip. Varenus Denter
06-12-2007, 17:55
40K is built on great quotes... here are some of my favorites:

"What is victory? Is it to defeat your enemy on the field of battle? Is it to simply repulse his armies and slay his misguided warriors? No, this is only the very beginning!

True victory is to crush your foes utterly, to shatter his armored legions and run down his fleeing troops as they scatter. Pursue them to their lairs and burn them out. Burst into his unholy temples, smash down his icons and topple his foul idols. Burn his heretical works and leave no stone upon stone. Slaughter his followers, their families and their livestock lest any of their taint remain. And when that is done, put the ruins to the torch.

Any that have dealt with them or given them succor must be obliterated, for memory is insidious and though you have crushed their will and their bodies they may yet return. Send warrior scribes to excise the records of their name, expunge their deeds from the annals of history and remove even the memory of your foe's existence. Only then have you truly won.

This is the meaning of victory."

- from the Warhammer 40,000 2nd Edition rulebook

"Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand realise that you have no right to let them live."

- Exterminatus Extremis

"Only a madman knows no fear. A warrior knows what fear is, he feels it in his stomach, he understands fear better than any other mortal can. What makes us strong is that we have conquered fear, overcome it not once but many times, over and over again, until the process becomes instinctive. But no matter how many battles you fight and how many victories you win, your fear will never completely leave you. Learn to live with the fear. Learn to master your fear. But never forget that there are things in this universe that even you cannot face and live.

Abominations so terrible that their very appearance will sear the flesh from your face and shrivel your eyes. Such things cannot be fought, and to confront them would be nothing but a futile waste of life. In those situations remember your vows to serve the Emperor, and remember also that you serve him best alive and not sacrificed upon the altar of vain glory"

- Memorum Libris de Petronius Caligarus, Ultramarine Captain

"Do not ask. "Why kill the Alien?" rather - ask, "Why not?""

- Battle Brother Artemis

"He who allows the alien to live, shares the crime of its existence."

- Inquisitor Apollyon

"The Daemon has many forms. You must know them all. You must tell the Daemon from his disguise and root him out from the hidden places. Trust no one. Trust not even yourself. It is better to die in vain than live in abomination. The zealous martyr is praised for his valor:the craven and unready are justly abhorred."

- Excerpted from the First Book of Indoctrinations

"To be Unclean
That is the mark of the Mutant
To be Impure
To be Abhorred
To be Reviled
To be Hunted
To be Purged
That is the fate of the Mutant
To be Cleansed
For that is the fate of all Mutants"

- Extract from a Training Chant in the First Book of Indoctrinations (Warhammer 40,000 Rogue Trader)

"Give me a hundred Space Marines; or failing that, a thousand other troops."

- Regal Dorn

"While vile mutants still draw breath, there can be no peace. While obscene heretics' hearts still beat, there can be no respite. While faithless traitors still live, there can be no forgiveness."

- Legiones Astartes Silver Skulls' Catechism of Hate, Verse I of XXV

"If your battle plan's working, it's probably a trap."

- Kolton Phae, On Military Matters, 739 M41

"Know the enemy not and the battle cannot be won. Know the enemy too much and the battle will be doubly lost."

- Lord Admiral Ravensburg, Naval Maxims Vol. IX

"The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines."

- Anonymous

ChaosMaster
06-12-2007, 17:59
"Only the insane prosper." Page 53 of the 40K rulebook.

Gen.Steiner
06-12-2007, 18:05
The Imperium and its servants have given us some of the best quotes ever. :D

Joewrightgm
06-12-2007, 18:07
"'Ere we go, 'Ere we go, 'Ere we go,", Love the Orks.

"Your honor is your life; let none dispute it." I think this was from a Black Templars Chaplain, not sure.

"I have made my grave in this place and I will triumph or I will die!"-Chaplain Grimaldus

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
06-12-2007, 18:09
That line is attributed to United States Marine Corps First Sergeant Dan Daily.

"At Lucy li Boucage, on the outskirts of Belleau Wood France, Daly made a comment which still thunders with the Marine spirit today. Outnumbered, outgunned and pinned in a poor position, the Marines were soon to be chopped to pieces by the German Machine gunners. Daly ordered an attack, leaping forward and yelling to his men. He is purported to have said, "Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?" Later Daly told a Marine Historian, "What I really yelled was: For Christ's sake, men-COME ON! Do you want to live forever?"

Regardless of what was said, he and his small group of Marines surged out of the position and captured the town of Lucy li Bocage."

-Marine Corps Legacy Museum

Two Medals of Honor. Semper Fidelis, Devil Dog. Oorah!!

ObiWan
06-12-2007, 18:10
I love a lot of quotes from 40K, but one I really like and actually get to use is:

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

skrulnik
06-12-2007, 18:14
"Something's awry"

Beltayn(?), Tanith First

ChaosMaster
06-12-2007, 18:16
From the "old" 40K, "Jones is acting strangely!"

Thoth62
06-12-2007, 18:19
"Success is commemerated, failure merely remembered."

"Never forgive, never forget."

BajsArne
06-12-2007, 18:20
"There will be no retreat from Hades hive. We will fight to the end."- Commissar Yarrick. I just like the sound of that quote.

Rogue trader has a lot of gems, my favourite is:

"Dib dib dib dob dob dob", if I remember it correctly.

Warhammer fantasy has good ones as well:
"The only good stunty is a dead stunty, and the only thing better than a dead stunty is a dying one telling you ere to find his mates" - Morglum Necksnapper(?)

Grindgodgrind
06-12-2007, 18:27
"To pray is to slay"

Lexandro D'Arquebus, Space Marine

Engulfer of Cakes
06-12-2007, 18:31
''Glory for the first man to die!'' - Comissar's in DoW

''Beware the Tau, they'll sacrifice your babies to their gods'' - Uplifting Primer 'Damocles Gulf'

One I've suprisingly not seen yet:

''Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!'' - Orks

karamazov
06-12-2007, 18:40
My favorite quote:

We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand. -Requiel of the Sons of Fuegan

Another good one:

War is my master; Death my mistress. – Maugan Ra

Bounou
06-12-2007, 18:48
He's a despicable bastard who left my world to die and one day I will slay him with my own hands.'

Shadowphrakt
06-12-2007, 18:57
"Please! no more kickings" Grotz from DOW.

I also love the quote from the vortex missile;
"And don't even think of taking any kind of armour save, and you can forget about your iron halos and admantine mantles too!"

Luckywallace
06-12-2007, 20:19
"Some may question my right to destroy ten million beings... those who understand realise I have no right to let them live."

- Chaos... they're bad ass.

Iceheart2112
06-12-2007, 20:41
"I have recieved your messages, acquainting me that these worlds belong to your Emperor, your master. In return I am to inform you that the said worlds belong to his Ethereal Majesty, Aun'O Bork'an Vral, my master, by right of settlement. Should you wish to gain similar rights you must submit yourself to his wisdom as members of the Tau Empire." -Por'el Tau'n Ukos, Water Caste negotiator

"Dey got ded big shooty guns dat'll kill tons of boyz, but if yer can get near em den you've got a chance. Just gotta make sure you bring loads of boyz, coz you ain't gunna have a whole lot left when you get close enuff ta crump em." -Warlord Skarmork, The Great Despoiler, on the Tau.

Vet Sergeant Leander
06-12-2007, 20:50
My personel favourite comes from the Hammers of Ulric Novel.

"I don't know what they mean either . But words written in fresh blood can hardly be good can they."

Cosmocrat
06-12-2007, 21:01
I like:

"To admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor"

and

"The Daemonic leads to two crimes. You turn away from the path of righteousness and you abandon the Emperor as the object of your devotion. For the first death is merely a just retribution. The second is a Heresy so terrible that no punishment can be sufficient. Yet the search for an appropriate penalty continues, and it shall be found."

TheMartyr451
06-12-2007, 21:08
Not sure if it's been said yet:

"In an hour of Darkness a Blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the Madman to show the way. "

"They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear." - The Emperor of Mankind, on the Creation of the Space Marines

TheOneWithNoName
06-12-2007, 21:13
"To each of us falls a task, and all the Emperor requires of us Guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing."

Gen.Steiner
06-12-2007, 21:16
"Stand fast! And die like Guardsmen!" - Golden Demon entry 1997

Light of the Emperor
06-12-2007, 21:23
"Stand fast! And die like Guardsmen!" - Golden Demon entry 1997

Classic! I still yell that phrase when my guys get locked in combat...

Endominus
06-12-2007, 21:26
I love the Tyranids so much. "We cannot live through this. Mankind cannot live through this. Ina single day they have covered the surface of this planet with a flood of living blades and needle-fanged mouths. Kill one and ten take its place. If they are truly without number then our race is doomed to a violent death before every shred of our civilization is scoured away by a force more voracious than the fires of Hell themselves! Death! By the Machine God, Death is here!"
-The last words of Magos Varnak.

And of course, "We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all it must know us only as Prey."

Darkseer
06-12-2007, 21:29
"There's no such thing as too many tanks"

always a fav :D

kishvier
06-12-2007, 21:30
"Pain is an illusion of the senses, despair an illusion of the mind."

A great one and:

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper, only those that prosper truly judge what is sane."

My true favorite quote that makes no sense what so ever!:D

gorgon
06-12-2007, 21:35
The opening of RT still sets the bar for me, especially this part:

"Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for there is no peace among the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter and the laughter of thirsting gods."

That text in the WD promoting the release of RT is what got me started in the game.

I also like the opening of the first Tyranid codex:

"Beyond the human galaxy, beyond the range of human spacecraft and astrotelepathy, lies the unspeakable cold of the intergalactic void. Few men have ventured into this realm and none have ever returned. It is the greatest barrier that divides galaxy from galaxy, a place where time and space conspire to hold the galaxies apart with inconceivable distances.

Yet the void is no longer empty. An immeasurably ancient and implacable intelligence moves through the cold and the darkness, its many eyes fixed on the distant glittering lights of our galaxy. The Great Devourer moves between the stars and hungers for the flesh of all who lie before it. This great organism, this monstrous entity, men know as the Tyranid race.

Every thought and action, every spark of life in the Tyranid race is bound and inter-linked into a single mind, into a single great entity which stretches over light years of space and is controlled by the immortal hive mind. A billion times a billion Tyranids stand at the rim of the galaxy yet each one is not more than a single cell in the living body of the hive mind, the devourer of worlds."

BladeWalker
06-12-2007, 21:39
Do not waste your tears,
I was not born to watch the world grow dim,
life is not measured in years,
but by the deeds of men

The best ever, it's been my sig since birth and very few people know where it's from... :D

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
06-12-2007, 21:56
“Gobbos fer dinner! Gobbos fer tea! Gobbos when u
want ’em! Gobbos for me!”

-Ruglud's Armored Orcs

Substitute "stunties" or " 'umies" for "gobbos" when appropriate.

Makari
06-12-2007, 21:58
As a passionate Ork player, It's obviously "red 'unz go fasta!!" and "Waaagh!"

Btw, outside 40k, the movie "Starship Troopers" has many nice quotes very fitting for IG...

lanrak
06-12-2007, 23:00
'Da only good Stunty is a dead stunty, an Da only fing better dan a dead stunty is a dyin' stunty who tells yer where to find his mates!'Mauglum Necksnapper.

Godgolden
06-12-2007, 23:26
"The monlith, we destroy that and this is over! charge!" - Marine 'DOW'

"Heretics crave the cleaning fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver" -Sister.

"I hearby sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion." -Inquisitor.

"If i must die, i shall welcome death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it." -Repentia.

Piousservant
06-12-2007, 23:51
I think it may actually be lifted from Codex: Witchhunters... :confused:

I don't think so... it's definately in the Cain book though.

The one I remember from the WitchHunters book is this, for some reason I think it may be that both quotes are from the same person but I might be totally wrong.

"Curses! Just when you've finally managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes off whining to the Adeptus Terra about rogue psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look possessed? Well, do I? DO I???"
Personal Log of Lord Varlak, 995.M41

Xenocidal Maniac
07-12-2007, 00:10
Ooh! This one from the Black Templar dex. I love this one. It's so... evil!

Smite now the scions of the witch!
Grant us the strength to pierce their unclean flesh!
To cover their fields with the pale forms of their blasphemous dead!
To drown the thunder of guns with the shrieks of their dying!
To lay waste to their citadels with hurricanes of fire!
To wring the hearts of their kin with unavailing grief!
To send them into the wastes of their desolated lands in rags and hunger, broken in spirit, worn with travail and begging for the refuge of the grave.
We ask it, in the spirit of wrath, O Master of Mankind!

Lycannus
07-12-2007, 00:11
"how can a man fear such a creature?" - Uplifting Primer on the Lictor.

"Brain suprisingly larger that anticipated" - Xenology, Ork.

"I upgrading some fings on the way over, didn't break anyfing important though...." - DOW Ork Mek

dr.oetk3r
07-12-2007, 00:36
"Repent, for tommmorrow you die!" and "A narrow view sees better."

Sister_Sin
07-12-2007, 00:44
Now that's inspiring:

"That thou wouldst bring them only death,
That thou shouldst spare none,
That thou shouldst pardon none,
We beseech thee, destroy them."

Sister Sin

Curufew
07-12-2007, 00:51
I didn't order you to die ! - Commissar

or something like that

daboarder
07-12-2007, 00:52
not 40k but still awesome

"cry havoc,let loose the dogs of war"

anyone know what its from?

Gen.Steiner
07-12-2007, 01:01
not 40k but still awesome

"cry havoc,let loose the dogs of war"

anyone know what its from?

Shakespeare. Julius Caesar, to be exact. To be even more precise, it's Marc Anthony in Act III, scene I, and he says:

"Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war"

Supremearchmarshal
07-12-2007, 01:03
"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of waisting my time. Guilty."

JimmyP0567
07-12-2007, 01:05
Guardsmen:

"HAH! Thought they broke our backs?!"

Khorne Berzerker:

"BREAK THEIR BACKS!"

See the connection? ;)

EmperorEternalXIX
07-12-2007, 01:16
My all time favorites mostly were first heard in Dawn of War:

"There is no such thing as innocencen, only degrees of guilt."

Mor Gothic
07-12-2007, 01:17
"We fight the long war, not through vain notions of duty or honour, but through a far purer purpose: hatred. At the height of our glory we where betrayedand cast out by our own kin. Guilliman, Dorn, Sanguinius - these are names I curse. Horus, Perturabo, Angron - these are names I revere, names I would follow to the very end. It is that hatred that has sustained me through the long millennia. I tend to it with bitterness. I nurture it with the deaths of my former bothers. For I know that when the end is upon us and Horus is returned, then the false Emperor shall be cast down from his sepulchral Golden Throne, and we shall take our rightful place at the the side of Horus, the true Emperor of Mankind."

- Ferrous Ironclaw - Warsmith of the Iron Warriors Second Grand Company

Adeo mori servus Imperator Fictus - So die the slaves of the False Emperor.

Ave Dominus Nox - Hail to the Lord of the Night.

Some of my favorites.

Cosmocrat
07-12-2007, 01:18
I've always found this bit evocative:

"The Imperium needed such a man at that time, as it stood on the threshold of greatness once again. The Apostasies had passed, the Treaty of Ceres had reunited Earth and Mars once again and the Conclave of Mount Amelath was witness to such great promises.

He was the man to fulfill those promises, to stretch out the Emperor's grasp once more. It was he who dragged the reborn Imperium through the fires of battle, screaming a new birth cry as its Golden Age came about, the zenith of Mankind's power."

That is probably the most beautiful writing ever to come out of 40k, at least IMHO.

Joewrightgm
07-12-2007, 01:32
I really like EmperoreternalXIX's quote in his sig:

"In His name. All things, in His name."

Pooky
07-12-2007, 01:33
I always get a buzz when in DoW when I hear my terminators say:

"Heh heh heh, they do not have a prayer"

Vault-Dweller
07-12-2007, 01:40
"Operate! Operate! Still time to operate!"

-Mad Dok Grotsik

ehlijen
07-12-2007, 01:49
The Inquisition, what a show lalalala
The Inquisition, here we go lalalala
I know you're wishin' that we'd go awaaaaay!
But the Inquisition's here and it's here to staaaaay!

Great song :D

As for 40k: "Maintain attack formation!" (tactical squads in DOW impersonating Vader...at least that's what I like to think)

MADJAP77
07-12-2007, 02:05
"how am i going to get out of this one"

TyrantsShadow
07-12-2007, 02:16
"They are coming! I can feel them scratching inside my mind... scratching, screaming, running, so many voices... they are coming for us! Flesh, Body, and Soul!"

-Sanctioned Psyker right before his execution by a Commissar impending a Tyranid invasion

(might not be 100% correct but you get the gist of it)

Chaplain Ark
07-12-2007, 02:33
my favorite line is from the chaos builders in DoW

"Please, no more kicking!"

Kulgur
07-12-2007, 02:59
From the new Ork codex:

978.M41 - The Lost Waaagh!
The Ork Warlod Grizguts, a noted kleptomaniac, launches his Waaagh! into the Morloq system. Whilst using warp-travel to reach their quarry, Grizgutz and his warband unwittingly travel through time and emerge from the shifting chaos of the Empyrean shortly before they set off. Grizgutz hunts down and kills his doppelganger, reasoning that this way he can have a spare of his favourite gun. The resultant confusion stops the Waaagh! in its tracks.

Rahveel
07-12-2007, 03:02
killfrenzy....killfrenzy....killfrenzy....killfren zy....killfrenzy....killfrenzy....killfrenzy....ki llfrenzy....killfrenzy....killfrenzy....

AgeOfEgos
07-12-2007, 03:20
I believe it was the first Nid dex;

"We must find the meat things and lay our eggs in their chest..."

Power Armored Zombie
07-12-2007, 03:50
"When there is no other way, the perilous path is the only road to salvation"
~Eldrad Ulthran

Probably my favorite quote ever

PAZ

Ninth Eagle
07-12-2007, 04:18
A great line from DOW is:

"Sanity is for the weak"

its chaos but i can't specifically remember which unit says it though.

EmperorEternalXIX
07-12-2007, 04:41
There's actually a really good one in DoW when the Imperial Guard first catch a glimpse of enemy space marines:

[really thick british accent] "...space marines. This could get ugly..."

I also, though I really hate using them ingame, love the Grey Knights quotes and the devoutness with which they say them. I work for a newspaper where everyone knows I play 40k and they always rag me about it...it is not uncommon for me to answer my boss's requests with a salute and a cry of

"Praise the Editor, and strike down his foe!"

Arch-Traitor Horus
07-12-2007, 04:42
"I have at my command an entire battle group of the Imperial Guard. Fifty regiments, including specialised drop troops, stealthers, mechanised formations, armoured companies,
combat engineers and mobile artillery. Over half a million fighting men and thirty thousand tanks and artillery pieces are mine to command. Emperor show mercy to the fool that stands against me, for I shall not."

- Warmaster Demetrius

From the torturer's tail When human asks Vect why he Kills Murders etc.
"Why should I not?" the Lord replied, looking genuinely perplexed. "You are of no consequence. If you had not been captured by my servants and did not fall foul of some illness or mishap, you would still die within another twenty of your planet's short years. Why should I not use such a pointless creature for my amusement and sustenance? You are prey-species, nothing more."

EmperorEternalXIX
07-12-2007, 04:47
There's also that amazing quote from the orks about how the never truly lose a fight...I have no idea where it is or where it comes from, if someone can find it however it is clearly a 40k classic!

Iceheart2112
07-12-2007, 04:55
"Big red thing! Five rounds rapid!" A squad leader commanding his troopers while being charged by a khornate berzerker.

Voleron
07-12-2007, 04:56
I work for a newspaper where everyone knows I play 40k and they always rag me about it...it is not uncommon for me to answer my boss's requests with a salute and a cry of

"Praise the Editor, and strike down his foe!"

You Sir, categorically Win this thread. That is flat out awesome. :D

(Also, one of the chapter headers from the Cain Omnibus: "And thus the prophet spake; Frak This! For my faith is proof against your blandishments!")

Brother Fenix
07-12-2007, 05:17
When I think of the best lines, several come to mind, but this always brings up a heroic mental image especially since Mkoll is such a bad mutha...

-
'A lasgun?' said Slaith. 'I'm shielded and the loxatl soak up las-fire. You're out of luck. You should have been better prepared.

'Oh, this is just a distraction,' said Mkoll, gesturing with his lasrifle. 'The real suprise is under the table.'

The loaxatl flechette guns spat their hails of lethal sub-munitions and exploded the doorway and the wall around it. Mkoll was already diving headlong out of sight.

Slaith stooped and peered under the table. What he saw was six tube charges wired together on a timer.

-The Guns of Tanith, Dan Abnett, copyright 2002 p498-499 (Ominbus page reference)

Tehkonrad
07-12-2007, 07:12
Orkses Is never beaten in battle.If we win we win, if we die we die so it don't cut as beat. If we runs for it we don't die neither, so we can always come back for anuvver go, see!
Anon
From the last page of the ork dex

and of course

"if ya wanna be big an' mean
If ya wanna be best an' green
If ya wanna get da Job done fast
Da Vulcha skwad is where itz at!"
lift of chant of Da Vulcha Skwad

Dyrnwyn
07-12-2007, 08:05
"The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude."

"Dey got ded big shooty guns dat'll kill tons of boyz, but if yer can get near em den you've got a chance. Just gotta make sure you bring loads of boyz, coz you ain't gunna have a whole lot left when you get close enuff ta crump em." -Warlord Skarmork, The Great Despoiler, on the Tau.

I love both of those. Although my new favorite quotes come from the fan made Kodex Kroot.

“You say the Kroot have no sense of humour? On Bequefen IV one particular group kept themselves amused for hours between assaults, by imitating the whistles of shells passing overhead… Every time my men leapt for cover the Kroot all but fell to the ground laughing!” --Has’Aonui, Fire Caste Officer

“What do you mean they won’t fight?”
“Sir, they repeat they have nothing to gain by fighting the metal men, Sir.”
“Did you offer them the supplies? The ordinance? The Ogryn?”
“Yes Sir. They refused Sir.”
“Did you tell them they could police the field for our dead if we won?”
“I did Sir and they came back with a counter offer. They want rights to our wounded as well, Sir.”
“…”
“Sir?”
“…Tell them yes.”
“Sir!?”
“Yes! Tell them Yes by the Emperor!! Without the Kroot Mercenaries, none of us will survive tomorrow!”

Grimbad
07-12-2007, 08:41
"...All I'm saying is that they never fought these orks. And I pray I never have to fight them again."

Hellbore
07-12-2007, 08:44
"Go away, Can't you see I'm too busy to die" or something like that. Lord Vandire's last words.

Kor Phaeron
07-12-2007, 08:47
I like this one from the old Realms of Chaos book:

"He who fears the way of change is lost, for all things must change"

It's obviously a Tzeentch quote but I feel it's very applicable to real live.

Sephtar II
07-12-2007, 09:05
THIS IS THE JUDGEMENT OF THE RIGHTEOUS!!! *hits opponent overr the head with a force halberd* Thats classic space marine.

Heresey is like a weed that grows amongst a garden,
the only way to remove it is to BURN THE GARDEN TO THE GROUND! INCINERATE IT ALL IN HOLY FIRE! and if a puppy should be at play within the garden THEN ITS A DEMON BURN IT!!!

In the witch hunters codex...... well it should be.

TheMartyr451
07-12-2007, 09:06
I always get a buzz when in DoW when I hear my terminators say:

"Heh heh heh, they do not have a prayer"

I thought I was the only one :D

Lately though, they never say it, so I'm clicking all over enemies until they do but they won't lol.

Lord Damocles
07-12-2007, 09:42
'In my court there is no such thing as a plea of innocence.
A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time.
Guilty'.

Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

:D

Burnthem
07-12-2007, 09:43
"The best gun in the galaxy wont help you if your enemy creeps up behind you and hits you over the head with a rock" - 3rd Ed Rulebook IIRC

"Walk softly.....and carry a big gun" - DOW

Ianos
07-12-2007, 09:50
"The Falcon, has landed!"-DOW

Freefire
07-12-2007, 09:55
A couple from Ciaphas Cain:

"...the trouble with everyone thinking you're a hero is they tend to assume you like being in mortal danger and go out of their way to provide some. In the half dozen years since my arrival, I'd been temporarily seconded to units assigned, among other things, to assault fixed positions, clear out a space hulk, and run recon deep behind enemy lines. And every time I'd made it back alive, do in no small part to my natural talent for diving for cover and waiting for the noise to stop, the general had patted me on the head, given me another commendation and tried to find an even more inventive way of getting me killed."

and on Sisters of Battle...

"That was all we needed, a bunch of psalm-singing fanatics in power armor getting in the way of a properly coordinated military response. I hadn't had much personal contact with the Ecclesiarchy's orders militant in the past, but on the few occasions I had done, I'd found their undeniable martial prowess so closely allied with the worst kind of Emperor-bothering tunnel vision that deploying them effectively in anything resembling a coherent battle plan was all but impossible. The best you could hope for was to point them in the vague direction of something important to the enemy and shout "Heretic!" and leave them to it."

Iuris
07-12-2007, 10:01
Hmm, sounds like I need to learn more about this Ciaphas Cain...

Now, for the quote, how did it go, the one in the 3rd ed Ork codex? "Grots are at the bottom of everything - including the food chain."

Imperialis_Dominatus
07-12-2007, 10:06
Sanity is for the weak.

Only the insane prosper.

Only the prosperous may judge what is truly sane.

bosstroll
07-12-2007, 10:32
My favorite quote is in my sig :)

Paraphrased:
A brother of luck, a mother of death and a son of a bitch. - Major Rawne, of his commanding officer.

And ofcourse:
In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war. And the laughter of the thirsting gods. - WH40k motto

oh and ofcourse:
War is Peace
Ignorance is Strenght
Freedom is Slavery
-inscription in the chapel of the battleship Divine Might (yes i'm aware this is a steal from 1984, fitting for 40k though)

Vaktathi
07-12-2007, 10:44
Most of the ones I like have already been stated in this thread, such as The quotes off the back covers of the 3.5 ed IG and Chaos codex's, the quotes from Lord of the Night, and various quotes from DoW.

But this one seems to be missing.
"What I cannot crush with words, I will crush with the tanks of the Imperial Guard!"

also...

"DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!"

Arch-Traitor Horus
07-12-2007, 10:48
There was one i liked i think it was a GW quote from a Guardmen general about the SIsters of battle was to just point & shout Which & let them do all the work or i might just be imagining things again

Vaktathi
07-12-2007, 10:51
its from one of the Ciaphas Cain novels, I think. Cain obviously isn't impressed by the Sisters rigorous adherence to dogma.

Biomass Denial
07-12-2007, 10:57
"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court, for a plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty"

daboarder
07-12-2007, 11:02
Shakespeare. Julius Caesar, to be exact. To be even more precise, it's Marc Anthony in Act III, scene I, and he says:

"Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war"

thanks for correcting me i shall now quote it proparly

cheers mate

The Highlander
07-12-2007, 12:24
"I have at my command an entire battle group of the Imperial Guard. Fifty regiments, including specialised drop troops, stealthers, mechanised formations, armoured companies,
combat engineers and mobile artillery. Over half a million fighting men and thirty thousand tanks and artillery pieces are mine to command. Emperor show mercy to the fool that stands against me, for I shall not."

- Warmaster Demetrius

And from real life, “I always though these British were bad solders and now I know. I had pierced their center, turned their flank and they were beaten but they did not know it and would not run” A cookie to anyone who know where this quote comes from.

Burnthem
07-12-2007, 12:32
"And from real life, “I always though these British were bad solders and now I know. I had pierced their center, turned their flank and they were beaten but they did not know it and would not run” A cookie to anyone who know where this quote comes from.

Its not from the Peninsular war is it? Napoleon? the exact battle escapes me...

bosstroll
07-12-2007, 12:45
its from one of the Ciaphas Cain novels, I think. Cain obviously isn't impressed by the Sisters rigorous adherence to dogma.

Cain often calls the more pious people: " Emperor botherers", he's also noted to avoid church services except when absolutely nesecary.

Edzard
07-12-2007, 15:29
I'm reading the Cain omnibus thing now, its a fun book. Good easy reading and lots and lots of jokes in a 40k coat. :)

Colonel Stagler
07-12-2007, 16:28
My personal Fave, From warriors of Ultramar by a certain Lt Konarski of the Death Korps of Krieg:
"Were the death korp of Krieg son, do you think thats just a pretty name? We never retreat, We fight and we die thats the Krieg way! Stand to Repel!"

Gen.Steiner
07-12-2007, 16:39
How many Cain books are there? I think I have them all... can't remember.

Colonel Stagler
07-12-2007, 16:41
Thers, For the Emperor, Caves of Ice, The Traitors Hand, Duty calls and Death or Glory :)

warmaster_dan
07-12-2007, 16:56
Do not ask which creature screams in the night,
Do not question who waits for you in the shadow,
It is my cry that wakes you in the night,
And my body that crouches in the shadow.
I am Tzeentch and you are the puppet
That dances to my tune.

WLBjork
07-12-2007, 18:32
"Curses! Just when you've finally managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes off whining to the Adeptus Terra about rogue psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look possessed? Well, do I? DO I???"
Personal Log of Lord Varlak, 995.M41

Best quote ever!

Initially came from a battle report in 2nd edition. The first Tank battle* in WD, and possibly the ultimate inspiration for Apocalypse.

*Something like 15-20 tanks on each side, plus a few squads of infantry.

Norminator
07-12-2007, 18:49
There's one from First and Only that I've always liked;

"Their gaze met for a few seconds. The exchange was as warm and friendly as a pair of automated range finders getting a mutual target lock."

Scorpion
07-12-2007, 19:05
"(...)We iz gonna stomp da ooniverse flat an' kill anyfing that fights back. We iz gonna do this 'coz we're Orks an' we was made ta fight an' win."
- Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka

"We'll get through this, I know it!"
- Anonymous Guardsman in DoW (this one just epitomises the desperate optimism a Guardsman just has to have in 40K)

"IT IS THOUGH AS IF A THOUSAND MOUTHS CRY OUT IN PAIN!!!!!"
- CSM in DoW

"FLEE!!! AND KNOW THAT I WILL SOON COME TO CLAIM YOU ALL!!!!!"
"Then come and find your judgement waiting! You escaped inprisionment only to face anihilation. I know you now."
- Cpt Angelos vs. The Deamon, DoW ending

"A moment more, a moment more, damn you!!! Yes... It is upon us...! BEAR WITNESS... TO MY ASCENTION!!!!! GAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!"
- Sindri, DoW

And that's it for now.

WilhelmRochRedDuke
07-12-2007, 19:11
and on Sisters of Battle...

"That was all we needed, a bunch of psalm-singing fanatics in power armor getting in the way of a properly coordinated military response. I hadn't had much personal contact with the Ecclesiarchy's orders militant in the past, but on the few occasions I had done, I'd found their undeniable martial prowess so closely allied with the worst kind of Emperor-bothering tunnel vision that deploying them effectively in anything resembling a coherent battle plan was all but impossible. The best you could hope for was to point them in the vague direction of something important to the enemy and shout "Heretic!" and leave them to it."

Love That one...

"I'm not dead yet." ... " I think I'll go for a walk"...."stop that, your not fooling anyone".... " I feel Haaaappppyyyy..*thud*umpfh....

rambler
07-12-2007, 19:14
Being the tread head I am:

"What I cannot crush with words, I will crush with the Tanks of the Imperial Guard" (or something to that exetent - don't have my IG codex with me @ work.)

rambler
07-12-2007, 19:14
I also liked:

"I'm too busy to die!"

The Guy
07-12-2007, 20:42
"I hate those adepts, they think their so much better then us"
Anonymous guardsman on fire warrior

"It is better to have fought and lost then to have never fought at all"
Can't find the whole section of this.

rambler
07-12-2007, 20:43
Just got my Apocolypse book from my car. I like this one:

"Enemy fighter craft incoming on heading 10-19. Please watch for falling debris..."

Mad Jack Deacon
07-12-2007, 20:45
My personal Fave, From warriors of Ultramar by a certain Lt Konarski of the Death Korps of Krieg:
"We're the Death Korp of Krieg son. Did you think thats just a pretty name? We never retreat, We fight and we die thats the Krieg way! Stand to Repel!"

Damn! You beat me to it. I think that's one of the best quotes from any of the 40k novels.

Kyrolon
07-12-2007, 20:51
And from real life, “I always though these British were bad solders and now I know. I had pierced their center, turned their flank and they were beaten but they did not know it and would not run” A cookie to anyone who know where this quote comes from.

It was Marshal Soult after the Battle of Albuera in the Peninsula. The first sentence of the quote makes it even better. The whole thing is:

"There is no beating these troops in spite of their generals. I always thought them bad soldiers, now I am sure of it. I turned their right, pierced their centre, broke them everywhere; the day was mine, and yet they did not know it and would not run."

Make the cookie Oatmeal Raisin please. :)

My favorite 40K quote to put this back on topic-- this is a paraphrase mind you.

"For every hero of the Imperium celebrated in song a thousand more die alone and unsung."

Don't have my Rogue Trader book handy, but it was accompanied by a cool sketch (John Blanche IIRC) of a marine being overrun by orks. I always loved the quote combined with that imagery.

Brother Siccarius
07-12-2007, 21:50
I half-remember something along the lines of:
"Give me the might of the Space Marines, or, failing that, give me a thousand of any other Warriors."
It was featured in the Space Marine section of the old GW Website up during the beginning of 3rd edition.

Thoth62
07-12-2007, 21:56
"It is better to have fought and lost then to have never fought at all"
Can't find the whole section of this.

I can give you the entirety of that. It's one I actually like a lot.

"When cities burn and armies turn and flee in dissarray,
cowards will cry 'tis best to fly and fight another day.
But warriors know it in their marrow when they die and fall,
'tis better to have fought and lost than not have fought at all."

The Guy
07-12-2007, 21:57
"It is not the horrors of war that troubles me
But the unseen horrors of peace"
3rd ed rulebook

"Every human life is a spark in the darkness. It flares for a moment, catches the eye, and is gone forever. A retinal after-image that fades and is obscured forever by newer,brighter lights."

SwordsofChaos
07-12-2007, 22:03
There´s alot of good ones in DoW. I like Lord Crull on the eldar (probably not the exact quote): I will suck their eyes of out their screaming skulls!

Definately not the exact quote, been a while since Winter Assault...
Still, it reeks of brutal evilness.

superknijn
07-12-2007, 22:35
Gorgutz is very funny in DOW; he mentions that Necrons look like " 'Umies who 'avent been eatin' enuff '

victorpofa
07-12-2007, 23:20
my favorite line is from the chaos builders in DoW

"Please, no more kicking!"

Isn't that the Grots?

MadDogMike
08-12-2007, 04:25
Dawn of War has a lot of great quotes (especially for the orks; they really grokked how those guys work) but I also love one line from Firewarrior where a Ultramarine captain responds to an Admiral's calling the Tau "scum" by stating all the things the Tau managed to do up to that point in the game and concluding "Scum? They are too DANGEROUS to be scum, Admiral".

And of course Ghazgkhull's speech about being the Hand of Gork and Mork is true orkish awesomeness :D.

killa kan kaus
08-12-2007, 04:49
Flesh is weak. . . . But the Machine, the Machine is strong

The Laughing Man!
08-12-2007, 05:47
"The best means of defense is attack, an' the best means of attack ... is a really really big one, right, with lots of boys an' dead big shooty things and what have ya!" -Drekzog, legendary Ork smartboy

"If your battle plan's working, it's probably a trap." -unknown

“The uniforms of the Imperial Guard are camouflaged in order to protect their wearers by hiding them from sight.

The principle is that what the enemy cannot see he cannot kill. This is not the way of the Adeptus Astartes. A Space Marine’s armour is bright with heraldry that proclaims his devotion to his Chapter and the beloved Emperor of Mankind. Our principle is that what the enemy can see, he will soon learn to fear…” -Chaplain Aston, 10th Company, Fire Hawks Chapter

"Wisdom is the beginning of fear." -anon

Crazy Ivan
08-12-2007, 11:08
"We've run into scorpions the size of battle tanks, three men died from Eyerot last week. I've sweat enough to fill a lake, my boots got sucked into a sink-swamp and the trees are so thick in places, you can't squeeze between them. Emperor help me, I love this place! It's just like home!"
- Captain Rock of the Catachan III 'Green Devils'

"Weep for him - for his faith was not sufficient.
Rejoice for yourselves, for my faith is bottomless! Forward, for the Emperor!"
- Commissar Krieglust after executing an officer

"I'd check my instruments if I were you. No-one in his right mind would lay a minefield in a place like..."
- reported last words of Captain Forgus Merd

RexTalon
08-12-2007, 12:05
My favorite comes from the old Space Hulk game. When the terminator would fire his flamer he'd shout,

"BURN!"

mistformsquirrel
08-12-2007, 12:22
Isn't that the Grots?

Yep, that's Grots for sure. Heretics are more like "Yes master! Right away master!"

heretics bane
08-12-2007, 12:37
"well that was unexpected"
Last words of Harrak the unbeatable(i think check my sig) still good though

Supremearchmarshal
08-12-2007, 13:20
My favorite comes from the old Space Hulk game. When the terminator would fire his flamer he'd shout,

"BURN!"

Yeah, that was one cool game. Another favourite was "Eat this!" when a Terminator smashed a Genestealer with his power fist.

-The hive mind has blinded our sensors.
-We sense their dark presence.
-We are the mailed fist of the Emperor.

Fixer
08-12-2007, 13:28

"BURN!"

Heh, I seem to remember it differently. That guy never managed to get the N into his battle cry.

"BURR!"

and what was wrong with the jaw on the guy that gave the mission briefings? When he spoke his mouth moved at a ******* diagonal.

Gen.Steiner
08-12-2007, 14:41
...what was wrong with the jaw on the guy that gave the mission briefings? When he spoke his mouth moved at a ******* diagonal.

Faulty bionics, most probably. Poor sod.

blackroyal
08-12-2007, 14:42
This is not so much a “quote” as a regulation. Please forgive me.

xviii. Using Departmento Munitiorum weapons or equipment to commit suicide:
Any soldier who employs the sacred battle gear of the Departmento Munitorum to commit (or attempt to commit) suicide will be shot, have his name stricken from the regimental roll of honor, his ashes vaporized and his next of kin invoiced for the cost of his expended kit. (Art. 3680/35K)
Imperial Munitorum Manual (P. 41)

Maren
08-12-2007, 16:42
Its totally gotta be; "We're gonna take you to the knowledge tree and beat you with the branches." - Catachan boot camp motto. Can't remember where i read it...

The Highlander
08-12-2007, 17:03
It was Marshal Soult after the Battle of Albuera in the Peninsula. The first sentence of the quote makes it even better. The whole thing is:

"There is no beating these troops in spite of their generals. I always thought them bad soldiers, now I am sure of it. I turned their right, pierced their centre, broke them everywhere; the day was mine, and yet they did not know it and would not run."

Quite right, one oatmeal raisin cookie for you.

SpaceLanceCorporal
08-12-2007, 22:50
DOW quotes

Dreadnought- "Faith is eternal." and "DIE!!! DIE!!! DIE!!!" whilst CCing

Ork Warboss from DOW:WA "I'm gunna call dat plan stupid, avfter you! What's you smilin' fer ya grot?"
MA nob: "cuz you named a plan avfter me!"

Onlyhestands
09-12-2007, 00:58
"We've run into scorpions the size of battle tanks, three men died from Eyerot this week, I've sweat enough to fill a lake, my boots got sucked into a sink-swamp and the trees are so thick in places you can't squeeze between them. Emperor help me, I love this place! It's just like home!" - Captain Rock of the Catachan IIIrd "Green Devils" on Varestus Prime.

Freak Ona Leash
09-12-2007, 01:40
There is no such thing as innocence. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty
-Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karazamov.

To Slay is to Pray.
-Anon. Adeptus Astartes Battle-Brother.

BLEED FOR THE EMPEROR! SKULLS FOR HIS GOLDEN THRONE!
-...erm, I think the Flesh Tearers said this in something or another. It just really solidified my image of them being The Immortal Emperor of Mankind's Berzerkers. ^_^

Ave Dominus Nox. Adeo mori servus fictus Imperator.
-Tso Sahaal, Talonmaster of the Night Lords.

Pooky
09-12-2007, 12:36
A great line from DOW is:

"Sanity is for the weak"

its chaos but i can't specifically remember which unit says it though.

That's the stock standard CSM. Another line I love from them is:

"Do you hear the voices too??!!"

I always give a little sarcastic "Yes... Yes i do..."

Lord Damocles
09-12-2007, 13:43
Not really a line as such, but the opening of Chaos Gate deserves a mention.

'Our struggle is born of Chaos.
The same Chaos that ten millenia ago seduced nine lords and their space marine legions, casting the Imperium into rebellion and civil war.
Only the boldness of the Emporer and his remaining space marine forces drove the dark hoards back into the Eye Of Terror.
For a millenium times ten they have lurked there, emerging to mount their campaigns.
And now, stronger than ever, the Chaos forces of the dark lord Zymran, strike at the very heart of the Imperium.'
-Cue apocalyptic singing monks-

Luthien
09-12-2007, 15:01
"and the prophet spake, frak this for my faith is proof against such blandishments"
- the book of cain :D

Vaulkhar
09-12-2007, 15:18
Overheard during a WFRB session:

P1: Ok, that's the last of those cultists. Split into pairs* and check the place for anything of interest.

P2: Hang on...these were Khorne cultists, right?

P1: Yes.

P2: So we're in the middle of a Khornate temple, there's just been a colossal fight and right now the main chamber is...oh...just over ankle deep in blood...

P1: What's your poi...*pause*...oh sh--

*: It should be noted that we had all been dungeon crawling in one form or another for ten or years or more, each. At absolutely no point did anyone ever wander off on their own 'to search for clues' or other suicidial idiocy.

RedSarge
09-12-2007, 15:56
"DIE SCUM!" - DoW:Dark Crusade, Grey Knights.

Dragonreaver
09-12-2007, 16:27
Dan Abnett books have great one-liners, as do the Dawn of War games. My favourite that hasn't been mentioned yet has to be the dreadnought from the original DoW.
It's not so much the quote, as the way he says it:
"I am ready to serve the Emperor... again."

And the Daemon Prince:
"Despair! For I am the end of days!"

Aaand the Apothecary:
"Death or healing... I care not which you seek."

Also, I can't believe nobody has mentioned the warcry of the Salamanders:
"Into the fires of battle! Unto the anvil of war!"

The Thoughts Of The Day are awesome too:
"Success is measured in blood; yours or your enemy´s."
Very appropriate for the setting :p

"The blood of martyrs is the seed of the Imperium."
That pretty much sums up the Imperium perfectly.

"Prayer cleanses the soul, Pain cleanses the body"
A great warrior-monk feel to it.

"It is better to die for the Emperor than live for yourself."

"Come all you xeno scum and fallen heretics, come and face the one true might of the universe and wither under the Golden Throne's gaze!"

Gen.Steiner
09-12-2007, 16:34
Overheard during a WFRB session:

P1: Ok, that's the last of those cultists. Split into pairs* and check the place for anything of interest.

P2: Hang on...these were Khorne cultists, right?

P1: Yes.

P2: So we're in the middle of a Khornate temple, there's just been a colossal fight and right now the main chamber is...oh...just over ankle deep in blood...

P1: What's your poi...*pause*...oh sh--

*: It should be noted that we had all been dungeon crawling in one form or another for ten or years or more, each. At absolutely no point did anyone ever wander off on their own 'to search for clues' or other suicidial idiocy.

Fantastic! :D So, how many of you did the Bloodletters kill? ;)

Vaulkhar
09-12-2007, 17:33
Amazingly, none. Thanks to our experience we all had a finely honed sense of when it was time to run like frak...and we certainly weren't waiting around to see what the odd bubbling noises coming from the altar meant. We'd also lugged a medium sized keg of black powder down there on the basis that leaving cult altars and the like lying around is a recipe for trouble even if you've cleaned out the original owners. Fortunately like most cults (a) they'd gone underground and (b) not only were they pretty awful fighters, they didn't know much about safe construction standards either.

So the impromptu plan entailed picking a likely looking pillar, dumping the keg by it, lighting a 20 second fuse and then running like a bunch of elves for the surface whilst praying that the roof caved in on anything we'd accidentally summoned.

Gen.Steiner
09-12-2007, 17:37
Oh, I see, you took the sensible approach. Nothing like a big bang plus cave-in to ruin anyone's (or anything's!) day really, is there?

chaotic
14-12-2007, 13:15
Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we win we win. if we die we die so it don't count as beat. If we runs for it we don't die neither, so we can always come back for anuvver go, see!

it's in the back of the ork codex

Tehkonrad
14-12-2007, 14:17
recently in a game of kill team with some commando classic stealthsuits (X15)

Chaos player on having his objective (a sorceror) assassinated
"DAMMNABLE NINJAS"

which is now that sqauds name :)

WilhelmRochRedDuke
14-12-2007, 21:14
I'm probably butchering the quote but it's something like this.
"In war its not for you to die for your cause but to make the enemy die for thiers."

Klomster
14-12-2007, 21:35
Repent! For tomorrow you die.

The rewards of tolerance are treachary and betrayal.

Gotta love the inquisition.

The first quote is not the inquisition, it's from dark angels, highly suspected traitors according to the inquisition.

They might not be traitors, but hey..... you can never be sure so it will be safer to just make them "dissapear".

I like a part about the Land raider crusader in the codex deamonhunters.

"The enlarged tarnsport capacity of the crusader is a great blessing to our terminator armoured brethren, this way they can go through the pre battle prayer with less fear of collision."

It might not be 100% exact, but hey. It's really funny.

themandudeperson
14-12-2007, 23:05
This isn't a GW quote, but it's still pretty funny:
A friend of mine just finished declaring his charges in WHFB and as he began to move his unit of Slayers toward my ratling gun when I informed him that it had the option of a Stand-and-Shoot response to his charge:

"Son of a-.. Are you kidding me?"

of a 20 man unit only 12 survived the barrage..

Dio´Ra
14-12-2007, 23:09
not a GW quote but a warseer member quote (dont know the name o said person anymore) in reply to horde armies:

"I'm not outnumbered! This is just a target rich environment"

just be optimistic and look at the bright side of life, and nothing can stop your poor guardsmen dieing in swarms over bigger hordes of enemies :D

Freefire
15-12-2007, 03:07
Also not a GW quote but from someone in the 101st Airborne in WWII during the Battle of the Bulge I believe. "They've got us surrounded. The poor bastards."

Mott
15-12-2007, 03:10
"When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout."
-Parody of the Litany of Command,
popular among commisar cadets.
From the Cain novels =)

I second that

I think most of the best 40k quotes you will find in the Cain novels...

though they are very much NOT the gothic faschist stuff you learn to expect from 40k....

the johnanator
15-12-2007, 03:18
Not sure if its been said already but "I wana get stuck in with the boyz" Orcs in DOW

SaintofVirtue
15-12-2007, 03:28
From the old eldar codex:

"Their arrogance is matched only by their firepower."

"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers. All of which are true and terrifying to know."

Grimbad
15-12-2007, 03:45
“Maybe itz da Emperor. Da Humies iz always goin’ on about ‘ow powerful he iz, maybe he’z kum ta give us Evil Sunz a good kickin’.”

--warboss Dragnatz after watching a titan vaporize his warband.

zerachiel
15-12-2007, 04:01

Where is this one from? I really like it.

Light of the Emperor
15-12-2007, 04:07
From the first tau codex I believe.

Joewrightgm
15-12-2007, 04:13
"Always 'ave yer tunnels dug'n ready . . . "
Warlord Gorgutz, after his defeat on Lorn V

merkado
15-12-2007, 04:28
"Enemy fighters at two o'clock!" "Roger. What should I do until then?"
-Calvin and Hobbes strip

DhaosAndy
15-12-2007, 04:28
The crucial lines from the poem that finds its way onto the front of almost all my army lists:

If my troupe fell thence vanquished,
Even to have attempted a lofty enterprise is still a trophy,

Zagstruk
15-12-2007, 04:48
"There's always a choice...my choice is to not make a choice, whats so funny" Hlaine Larkin

Greatest 40k character ever

Joewrightgm
15-12-2007, 04:50
"I regret nothing! I have lived as few have dared to dream . . ."

One of the coolest, but not 40k.

ReveredChaplainDrake
15-12-2007, 05:01
Everybody's got their favorite Ork quote. Mine is from Gorgutz (DoW:WA):

"Maybe all's we'z Orks do is fight an' die, but y'know wot? We's good at it!"

...and also a part of the diagram of an Ork Powerklaw in the new codex, an arrow pointing to the "handle" of an Ork powerklaw had a label reading:

"Ork go here"

lol, those silly Orks...

There are some pretty good Chaos quotes too, especially in the new Codex:

"If a man dedicates his life to good deeds and the welfare of others, he will die unthanked and unremembered. If he exercises his genius bringing misery and death to billions, his name will echo down through the millennia for a hundred lifetimes. Infamy is always preferable to ignominy." -Fabius Bile, for despite his crapsome rules, he is likely the single nastiest SOB in the galaxy.

"Flesh and bone are weak and mutable, and yet the daemonic is ultimately insubstantial and impotent. To be master of both matter and energy, and blend this mastery with ultimate control of one's consciousness, is to achieve true immortality -- neither confined by the material, nor divorced from it." -Magos Elizah Kaudge

Nykster
15-12-2007, 05:46
"I herby sign the death warrant of an entire world and cosign a billion souls to Oblivion."

Witch hunter Codex by the Orbital Strike entry. Seems eerily calm to cosign a billion lives to Oblivion.

Tanith Ghost
15-12-2007, 06:00
"What I cannot crush with words, I shall crush with the tanks of the Imperial Guard!" -Lord Solar Macharius

CommissarKlink
15-12-2007, 08:37
Fabius Bile, for despite his crapsome rules, he is likely the single nastiest SOB in the galaxy.

Awesome quote, but are you sure that Bile is a sister of battle?

:p

Halcyon504
15-12-2007, 08:44
Weapon description of the Heavy Bolter from the 4th Ed. Dark Angels Codex is probably one of my favorite all-time 40K quotes.

"The heavy bolter sings a chorus of praise in the Emperor's name, bringing his word to the faithless."

Another favorite is the one in the 4th ed Chaos Codex, for the missile launcher:

"Let the roar of the missile be as a war cry to reach the gods."

Emperor's Avenger
15-12-2007, 10:49
Thought for the day:

"A logical argument must be dismissed with absolute conviction!"

chosen of chaos
15-12-2007, 13:10
Let The Galaxy Burn!!!

Taranis
15-12-2007, 21:29
"In the cold, dark reaches of space, no one can hear you scream!!!"

From Aliens I believe.

"he who screams and runs away, will live to scream and run another day!":)

Taranis

AGC
15-12-2007, 22:28
Not sure where it's from (I might have made it up):-

"Tolerance is a form of lethargy."

RexTalon
16-12-2007, 02:33
Let The Galaxy Burn!!!

That reminds me... Someone should start a "Worst, and most cliche lines EVAR!!!!" thread.

dodicula
16-12-2007, 03:23
"The fallen shall forever be remembered, as those who would not duck!"

ViperMagnum357
16-12-2007, 03:27
Innocence proves nothing.
Excuses are the refuge of the weak.
The Emperor extends His will to us when we destroy the wicked and impure to reconquer the galaxy in His name. The Emperor leads the galaxy to righteousness, and thus we must petition for His judgment on the wicked... for it it is judgment without mercy.
I saw the scene of a massacre where the dead lay on the ground in numbers like fallen leaves in a forest. The settlers had not died as soldiers in the heat of battle, fired with ardor and courage, with weapons in their hands and exchanging blow for blow. They had died as the helpless must, with their hearts filled with horror worse than death itself.
A taste of what is the Black Templars:evilgrin:

The Highlander
16-12-2007, 19:31
“It takes three years to build a ship. It takes 300 to build a reputation. “
I have no idea where this quote comes from or even if it is an actual quote. Any help?

Lord Cook
16-12-2007, 20:01
I have no idea where this quote comes from or even if it is an actual quote. Any help?

It's a real life quote from an officer in the British Royal Navy, sometime around the early twentieth century. Referencing the fact that the RN has (or at least had) a formidable reputation for being the finest navy in the history of the world. I seem to remember some disaster had just happened to erode that. Malta springs to mind.

gaunty14
16-12-2007, 20:14
An open mind is like an empty fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded.

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

An empty mind is a clean mind.

or from gaunts gaunts aka zwiel

an empty mind is like a pot for chaos to **** in:)

Xgladar
16-12-2007, 22:19
Thought for the day:

"A logical argument must be dismissed with absolute conviction!"

actually i hated the "illogical" reasonings in DOW.

space marines are supposed to be less fanatical in regards to the emperor than the ordinary citizen.

so where did all these "and open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred" and simmilars come from?

Colonel Stagler
16-12-2007, 23:48
The librarian says all the macho fanatic lines

Captain Micha
17-12-2007, 01:32
actually i hated the "illogical" reasonings in DOW.

space marines are supposed to be less fanatical in regards to the emperor than the ordinary citizen.

so where did all these "and open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred" and simmilars come from?

That should tell you then, just how fanatical the rest of humanity is.

Also.. read the marines codex much?

M1A2 Commander
17-12-2007, 08:53
"I love it. God help me I love it so!"

Gen. George S. Patton on War. Thought it fit the IG 40K mindset. :D

"Why is the Rum gone?????" ;)

slasher
17-12-2007, 11:26

Admiral Cunningham in 1941 at Crete, when talking about the evacuation of the allied troops from there to Egypt. Only a short time after having to evacuate from Greece.

SilverScorpion
17-12-2007, 11:54
"This is the judgement of the righteous,SCUM!" - Grey Knights in Dawn of War

Red_Lep
17-12-2007, 11:58
In IA 1 it has a good one.

"Thought for the day: Destroy, Destroy, Destroy!"

Jomee
17-12-2007, 11:59
"The twin sons of war are Glory and Death" (Something along those lines anyway).

Lord Cook
17-12-2007, 13:12
"La Garde meurt et ne se rend pas!" -- The Guard dies, it does not surrender!

Attributed to General Cambronne, of Napoleon's Imperial Guard, during their last stand at the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

Easy E
17-12-2007, 16:33
"The only rational responsed to an absurd world is to laugh."

As I sweep away mobs of orks like so much sand in a dustpan, this quote gets me to the end of turn 4 (Because that's when I'm all outta orks).

imperial90
17-12-2007, 17:12
I think this one is 40k but im not sure

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life"

I always laugh when i think of this

SpaceLanceCorporal
17-12-2007, 18:46
BEST LINES EVER

DOW Berserkers upon exiting a rhino- " We need a new driver, this one's dead!"
DOW killa kan- "Um, which button makez dis ting go?"
DOW Big Mek- " I should invent some kind of a ting... dat makes wolkin'....faster!"
DOW SM Termies "(laughing) They do not have prayer!"
DOW Berserkers " You want that WORTHLESS trinket!?!?"
DOW Berserkers " For the last time... WHY AREN'T WE KILLING YET!!??!!"

TauberAlles
17-12-2007, 19:03
My hands-down favorite:

"It is better to die for the Emperor than to live for yourself"

ViperMagnum357
17-12-2007, 19:29
With the bolter, cleanse the unclean.
WE WILL CLEANSE!
With the flamer, purify the unholy.
WE WILL PURIFY!
With the chainsword, purge the corrupt.
WE WILL PURGE!
With the missile, kill the impure.
WE WILL KILL!
hmmm... must be a reason why most of the art in the old SM 'dex was of Black Templars...:evilgrin:

Burnthem
17-12-2007, 19:35
'In an hour of darkness a blind man is the best guide. In an age of insanity look to a madman to show the way'

'A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn'

'Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment'

'Thought begets heresy, heresy begets retribution'

'Facts are chains that bind perception and fetter truth, for a man can remake the world if he has a dream and no facts to cloud the mind'

'No army is big enough to conquer the galaxy, yet faith alone can overturn the universe'

'The end always justifies the means' aka 'Exitus Acta Probat'

Just a few from the 3ed rulebook :)

Amornar
17-12-2007, 23:25
Best 40k quote ever:

"I carry with me an inquisitorial seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion."
-Thravian Flast, Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus

Kulgur
17-12-2007, 23:48
Apocalypse rulebook, Hydra rules:

"Enemy fighter craft incoming on heading 10-19. Please watch for falling debris..."

Wolflord Havoc
18-12-2007, 18:05
Some good quotes in here people.

The "who wants to live forever" was orginally - Frederick the Great, 1750ish something??? :confused:

Except he said it something like this (actually just looked it up it was 1757 at the battle of Kolin)

"Rascals, do you want to live forever?"
(Ihr Racker, wollt ihr ewig leben?)

Not that I am taking anything away from the USMC.

One of my all time favorite quote was from Double Eagle when the reports from the long range sensors picking up the heat from thousands of Chaos jet engines suddenly starting up reaches Bree Jagdea the commander of the Phantine XX Fighter Squadron.

"Oh I hate it when I'm right"

Raverrn
18-12-2007, 18:33
"Death is the servant of the righteous."

'nuff said.

DhaosAndy
18-12-2007, 20:41
Another favourite of mine - "There can be only one"

Drogmir
18-12-2007, 23:09
Chaos Gate

Space Marine- "The Emperor mails you his fist!"
Chaos Marine- "You shoot as poorly as all those who serve the Emperor!"

HobbitTank
19-12-2007, 04:10
SPAWN MORE OVERLORDS!!!

Works best when immediatly following a waaagh at gamesday.

Voleron
19-12-2007, 04:15
SPAWN MORE OVERLORDS!!!

"Spawn more Broodlords"? :P

Captain Micha
19-12-2007, 04:17
No.... Overlords.. Starcraft... get it? Ahhh guess not.

Drogmir
19-12-2007, 04:18
SPAWN MORE OVERLORDS!!!

I think

"INSUFFICIENT GAS!" beats it.

Captain Micha
19-12-2007, 04:20
yes but at a Gamesday there is never Insufficient Gas, if you know what I mean.

cowzrnomatoh
19-12-2007, 04:29
SPAWN MORE OVERLORDS!!!

But I don't wanna!
Fine if I'm going to build more Overlords; I'm making my army fly in them till I need filler space.

Wolfblade670
16-12-2008, 19:32
"There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt."

One of my favourites.

ehlijen
16-12-2008, 19:41
Also from Chaos gate, this brilliant conversation:

Ultramarine: The Emperor orders you to die!
*Daka!*
Word bearer: I die....
*Dies!*

Cuda
16-12-2008, 19:44
"Do you hear the voices too?" Possessed Marines from DOW.

"Your the master of stating the obvious!" Warboss from DOW.

"Why's I walking?" Mekboy from DOW.

"It's gonna hurt...a lot!" Painboy from DOW.

Cuda...

Laser guided fanatic
16-12-2008, 19:49
'For every one of us that dies ten more will take our place' IG Solider from DoW.

I have to say i can't remember any specific quotes from the 40k books i have read.

Noserenda
16-12-2008, 20:43
Hydra Dominatus :D

EarthAndAllStars
16-12-2008, 21:20
From the DoW II trailer, the Dreadnought:

"I have come to destroy you."

(While he's holding a heavy flamer to the head of howling banshee.)

Necrothrall
16-12-2008, 21:34
"The implied rebuke to Asmar was about as subtle as an ork breaking wind" from The Traitor's Hand by Sandy Mitchell

LemanRuss
16-12-2008, 21:36
"gears on a french tank"

reverse,
faster reverse,
forwards(in case the enemy comes from behind)

might have heard that one from someone on warseer.

Mozzamanx
16-12-2008, 21:52
"Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none."

"Glory is fleeting. Obscurity is forever."

Corsair117
16-12-2008, 22:07
"Time to bloody the treads!"-DoW Baneblade

"eldar....i thought they'd be taller."-DoW guardsman

"Ogryns. If we time it just right, the Eldar will all be going "What the..." just when what's left of the Company breaks cover over here and piles into them. No spreading out, no fancy stuff, just smash through. Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence."
— Commander Fleyitch

"I have seen war in all its forms. I have seen feral world savages braining each other with stones, and I have monitored the death of a whole planet at the hands of a virus bomb. I have seen Space Marines drop to certain death, and win. I have seen Titans crush whole platoons underfoot. But there is no more stirring sight in war than the charge of massed cavalry."
— Dravin Gratz, 14th Tharinga Regiment, Imperial Guard

If a man dedicates his life to good deeds and the welfare of others, he will die unthanked and unremembered. If he exercises his genius bringing misery and death to billions, his name will echo through the millenia for a hundered lifetimes. Infamy is always more preferable to ignominy.
-Fabius Bile at the Desecration of Kanzuz IX

In the darkness a blind man is the best guide, In an age of madness look to the madman to show the way

are a few of my favorites.

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
16-12-2008, 22:11
cities of death:
"every man is a but spark in the darkness". :-)

Typo in compressed edition of rulebook-
"Every man is but a spork in the darkness."

Laughter was prolonged and enjoyable.

Drakcore Bloodtear
16-12-2008, 22:13
My faverite has to be the humours ones

"I am the arch-demon Dsar'try'hugnar'kyan'porgab'hyush--" *gets stabbed by a passing marine*

*snicker* I replaced the Inquisitor's bolt pistol with a water gun! Isn't that so...O! Inquisitor... nice to uhh... see you? *bang*

Chaos space marine- sir I think there targeting use, there’s red dots on everyone’s suits.
Chaos lord- no those are just las guns move along

I believe that your 'Blood God' shall have a glorious place within the Tau Empire!

and finally

Hey! How much will you give me if I can make this land speeder do a loop?