PDA

View Full Version : help me with tree man army

lector#1
06-12-2007, 12:47
i was thinking of having a tree man ancient, lead 2 treemen 6 treekin 24 dryads and the rest of the points fill with 2-3 mages and then some archers could this work???

Red_Duke
06-12-2007, 12:50
not at 2000pts, as the treeman takes up one of the rare slots.

lector#1
06-12-2007, 13:19
so take out one tree man??? and then that leaves more points for mages

Kahadras
06-12-2007, 13:25
So basicaly could an all tree spirit army with additional mages to cast Tree singing work? I'm assuming this is some kind of joke topic to bring back the old Tree spirit + WE mages = win arguement.

Kahadras

Reinnon
06-12-2007, 13:36
i've been working on an army with a simular theme of treeman and mages to create a tree surf army - that uses the fact that treeman can hold up units and superior movement to get the right charges.

not had many games so far with it, but the basic core is:

Treeman Ancient: annoyence of netlings + cluster of radiants
2 mages - one with the stave for more tree singing
Normal Treeman

i tend to run a mixture of elf and spirits to beef up the army and on paper it looks very good - not sure if it is the most "competitive" list or not but it is certainly viable.

other possibilities: led by a lord choice mage and two normal treeman - but you lose the very nice netlins, also a BSB won't go amiss.

p3990013
06-12-2007, 13:50
I saw a tree army:

2 Treemen
2 x 4 Treekin
Lots of Dryads

It took me 7 seconds to realize that it was not terrain, but an army - so talented the painter was...

It fared good, except against all cavalry armies, due to max S5 of the tree army. Also heavy fire magic will be nasty.

Red_Duke
06-12-2007, 13:58
treesurfing armies are almost the most hated armies in existance id say - just behind the stupid 'ambush in turn 6' beastman army' (or possibly the beastman army with a billion warhounds and morghur). Its just about the most rubbish army to play against as well, as you sit in the wood, and just strangleroot out, while the opponent just keeps away. Pointless.

lector#1
06-12-2007, 14:35
basically this isnt for a competative list just a list to have fun with in casual games.... if i wanted to go competative id use my dwarfs =D but this is just a side project to my dwarfs

Red_Duke
06-12-2007, 15:12
Thats the point - its just not a fun army imo, to play or play against. Sitting in a wood with your entire army, and surfing it around the board is probably the best way to have a deeply unsatisfying game of warhammer.

Atropos
06-12-2007, 23:51
As a Wood Elf General, I recommend you visiting our main forum to discuss this.