PDA

View Full Version : 1500 pts. Skaven (Tournament)

KuDriM
17-09-2005, 10:51
Well... this is my first post (without counting my greeting post) in this forum. I would like to show you the skaven army that i will command in the my next tournament (Bretemas II, Galicia - Spain). It's a typical skaven list (at least in spanish tournaments) with a lot of units. The master plan consist in to harass the enemy with the assassin, engineers and ratling guns. When he is too near of my battle line, i will use runners, rat packs and the swarm to send his units to places in which I can charge their flanks.

1500 Pts - Skaven Army

1 Assassin with Warpstone Stars @ 155 Pts

1 Warlock Engineer @ 110 Pts
General; Supercharged WP Accumulator; Upgraded Warp-Energy Condenser; Warp Blades and Dispel Scroll

1 Warlock Engineer @ 135 Pts
Supercharged WP Accumulator; Upgraded Warp-Energy Condenser; Warp Blades; Dispel Scroll and Storm Daemon

20 Clanrat Slaves @ 40 Pts

20 Clanrat Slaves @ 40 Pts

20 Clanrats @ 175 Pts
Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

Ratling Gun @ [60] Pts

20 Clanrats @ 175 Pts

Ratling Gun @ [60] Pts

20 Clanrats @ 175 Pts

Ratling Gun @ [60] Pts

6 Giant Rat Pack @ 30 Pts

6 Giant Rat Pack @ 30 Pts

5 Night Runners @ 35 Pts
2ndWeapon

5 Night Runners @ 35 Pts
2ndWeapon

5 Night Runners @ 35 Pts
2ndWeapon

1 Rat Swarms @ 45 Pts

10 Plague Monks @ 60 Pts

5 Gutter Runners @ 60 Pts
2ndWeapon

4 Gutter Runners Tunnelling Team @ 60 Pts
2ndWeapon

6 Plague Censer Bearers @ 102 Pts

Casting Pool: 6

Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 161

Total Army Cost: 1497

I would like to read all your opinions about the list and all the differences between spanish and english players with respect to game styles.

Greetings and thank you to everyone.

Earlandir
18-09-2005, 19:16
I find that units of only 6 giant rats are a bad choice because you usually have them running up the flank, so if they get shot at with T3 and no AS and Ld5 your probably just going to run away, possibly causing panic to other flankers. Also, the Rat Swarm and Plague Monk units are a little small to do much. Atleast use 2 Rat Swarms and maybe 15-20 plague monks. Everything else looks pretty good.

KuDriM
19-09-2005, 00:13
Thank you for you comments, Earlandir :) I will try to explain you the "why" of these unit's election.

First, I have to say that I dont like plague monks very much. It is a unit that, due to its special rules, it's not difficult of manipulate by my opponents. I only include them to have the possibility of include a censer bearers unit (I love this crazy rats, hehehe). At the same time, plague monks can be useful to protect censer bearers against shooting or magic using them like life shield until bearers make their first charge. In addition, monks never suffer panic due to receive projectiles.

I only use one rat swarm because I don't use it for stop enemy units during several turns. Normally, I locate it in front of a enemy unit corner. Of this form, I prevent that this unit can pivot for charge against other of my own units. As you think, the swarm will die long before but, with only one swarm, it will receive less attacks by the unit that is being blocked too. I will must be careful with shooting too.

I'm absolutely agree with you respect to giant rats. Like first idea, I always think in this units like a good units to charge against enemy flank units, but, during the battle, I usually finish using them to redirect powerful enemies. If they are going to die in any case, I prefer that they cost few points and they have more maneuverability. I agree with you in their vulnerability to shooting. Due to this fact, I usually move them in front of the enemy line all the fast one that I can to prevent panic checks in my other units. I have to try to use them in bigger units like you say and see if I can flank enemy with them more easily.

Greetings