PDA

View Full Version : I like spear elves!!!!!!! ;-]

Stonerkid655321
06-12-2007, 17:01
I like spearelves.

2,000points.

Prince, great weapon, dragon armour, sheld.

BSB, dragon armour, standard of balance.

Mage, level 2, 2 scrolls.

Mage, levl 2, jewl of dusk, dispel scroll.

18 spearmen, stadard musician.

18 spearmen, stadard musician.

19 spearmen, stadard musician.

19 spearmen, war banner. standard. musician.

5 shadow warriors.

5 ellyran reavers, musician.

Bolt thrower.

Bolt thrower.

Bolt thrower.

Bolt thrower.

Malorian
06-12-2007, 17:05
Well it could work but if you are being out shoot or they have better magic you'll be in trouble. Also with all those big blocks you may find it hard to keep lines with you bolt throwers unless you have a hill.

Like the idea though : )

Little Aaad
06-12-2007, 17:23
Well it could work but if you are being out shoot or they have better magic you'll be in trouble. Also with all those big blocks you may find it hard to keep lines with you bolt throwers unless you have a hill.

Like the idea though : )

Seconded. (Heres more characters)

Stonerkid655321
06-12-2007, 18:30
Cheers. I like spearelves.

azindal
06-12-2007, 18:51
I actually quite like this army :D
But as pointed out, with all those units i would imagen using your 4 RBT's would be problematic..

A magic heavy force would take you apart too.

If you play this, i would like to see how it does hehe

Semi_Bunny
06-12-2007, 22:09
My advice is that I wouldnt field it against armies with fast elite unts like chaos knights, bretonnian knights, kroxigors, etc. St3 against those will bounce off, and you wont be able to shoot at them much if they get into combat fast. Magic is the other problem I guess, but otherwise it looks pretty solid. Maybe you could drop two of your RBTs (like the other posters said it will be hard to get LOS with all 4) and add some silver helms to the mix for some heavier units. Either that or if you wanted 3 just drop the reavers and 1 RBT and you could probably get a few helms in there.

Stonerkid655321
07-12-2007, 00:08
My advice is that I wouldnt field it against armies with fast elite unts like chaos knights, bretonnian knights, kroxigors, etc. St3 against those will bounce off, and you wont be able to shoot at them much if they get into combat fast. Magic is the other problem I guess, but otherwise it looks pretty solid. Maybe you could drop two of your RBTs (like the other posters said it will be hard to get LOS with all 4) and add some silver helms to the mix for some heavier units. Either that or if you wanted 3 just drop the reavers and 1 RBT and you could probably get a few helms in there.

True.

I might lose one spear unit and take 2 more nakid silverhelms, or chariots.

MEanBOb12
07-12-2007, 01:14
I enjoy spear elves too, but i believe you need at least one heavy hitting unit, whether it be cavalry or infantry or a pair of lion chariots.

Fate
07-12-2007, 02:54
Spear elves are pretty, but that's it.
Also i belive it's very wrong not to make use of the magic item points for your combat characters.

Stonerkid655321
07-12-2007, 18:39
I enjoy spear elves too, but i believe you need at least one heavy hitting unit, whether it be cavalry or infantry or a pair of lion chariots.

Or charonic chariots.

I like spearelves.

2,000points.

Prince, great weapon, heavy armour, sheld.

BSB, dragon armour, standard of balance.

Mage, level 2, 2 scrolls.

Mage, levl 2, jewl of dusk, dispel scroll.

19 spearmen, war banner. standard. musician.

5 shadow warriors.

5 ellyran reavers, musician.

chariot

chariot

Bolt thrower.

Bolt thrower.

Bolt thrower.

Bolt thrower.

azindal
07-12-2007, 18:53
i like this force now with the added changes, i could see this working quite well.
And also your fluff could be quite interesting [=

Conotor
06-01-2008, 17:26
All high elf infantry are imba, but spearmen are the least imba of all of them.

RavenBloodwind
06-01-2008, 18:22
Looking over the list I'm generally liking it.

The primary concerns I have are:
Poor mobility of fighty heroes. Why not put them on barded elf steeds? That way they can get across the field in a hurry if the need arises. Given your mages are probably going into infantry units as well, mounting them will not compromise LOS issues either.

You have little in the way of march blocking aside from the shadow warrior and reaver units. I'd entertain replacing a bolt thrower with an eagle. Since you're maxed out on rare slots you can't take 2 but...If you wanted to go crazy you could drop 2 RBTs for 2 eagles and use the spare points to upgrade 2 units of spears to LSG. The extra shooting from the infantry blocks could balance out the decrease in RBT shooting.

You have little in the way of charge bait (could be solved with eagles as above). You're really going to want to draw your opponents into unfavorable angles so your spear blocks can take them in the flank so the eagle/reaver seems a good way to facilitate this.

Stonerkid655321
07-01-2008, 01:10
Hi, I played a few games and this is how it went:

Victory vs Skaven SAD. 4 bolt throwers on the seers unit and they were gone. Next turn killed the gatlings. Lost all the bolt throwers to tunnel teams but did not matter since my sper elves raped his clanrats in combat.

Go spear elves.

Lost to 2 treeman 12 powrdice wood elves. He hid in wood, ran it up to me and strangle rooted enough to get a minor win.

Lost to brettonins peggy army. Could not kill enough before he smashed into me. Spearelves dont like 2+ saves.

Beat stogi count and triple necro army, minced them with shooting then tore them up in combat, spears rape zombies lol.

Draw vs skarsnik night goblin army, both killed loads of each other. He had two giants and 8 bolt throwers :-(

CHOOBER SNIPES
07-01-2008, 01:33
nice to hear that this worked, i was looking into using an army like this too. Good luck in future games with it, mayb u could post a batrep too, if u wanted to. Also, just so u know, peggies only have a 3+ save, but T4. just in case u didnt know. Good luck and have fun.

aenarion67
07-01-2008, 05:01
ive got a great idea. swap your prince for the brilliant caradryan. mix the 2 units of spears so u have a large one 38. add the bsb. wolaaa a unit that causes fear has mr3 and can fight. 5 wide 8 deep. start with 5 combat res and maybe another for outnumber. break an enemy unit and run them down.

mossel
07-01-2008, 07:49
I play a similar HE army and I can only say: Keep the Core armies coming!

Ever since a battle report in a WD (288 I think), I started on this army. Originally, it looked a lot like yours, but it didn't took long for me to see I needed some heavy hitters.

So now, I use a Prince, BSB, 2 L2 mages, 2 blocks of spearmen, a unit archers, a block of Swordmasters, 2 chariots, 2 BTs and 2 Eagles. This force performs quite well, though I never get an easy win against Bretonnian armies and other heavy cav based forces. The Bolt Throwers can only take out one or 2 units before my blocks have to take a charge from those pesky knights. This army however, is the bane of any infantry based army, since my troops are better than any my opponent can field. Unless he's playing high elves of course. But then again, he's only got T3 :)

bigbear bailey
07-01-2008, 15:05
I have an idea, stop being cheesy with 123 bolt throwers... now 4 dwarf or goblin and I don't care but all those shots is beardy man... I would dock you for sportsmen ship for that Other wise it looks good if you drop one and add some more knights...

Stonerkid655321
07-01-2008, 15:27
I have an idea, stop being cheesy with 123 bolt throwers... now 4 dwarf or goblin and I don't care but all those shots is beardy man... I would dock you for sportsmen ship for that Other wise it looks good if you drop one and add some more knights...

If I dropt any bolt thropwers I would not be able to play defensively. Spear elves do not last long having to walk towards a shooty army.

Besides my army has lots of infantry and only 7 power dice.

Aflo
07-01-2008, 15:27
Sounds like your gaming group are a right bunch of powergaming numnuts to me, as far as some of those lists go :p

I commend you for trying to use the big blocks of spears that I've always felt are so iconic in a high elven army - hope you get a winning list out of it :)

TK421
07-01-2008, 18:14
All high elf infantry are imba, but spearmen are the least imba of all of them.

imba? :confused:

Fhoen
07-01-2008, 18:35
it's a "word" like super , uber and all the rest of those kind! i heard it first in the game World of Warcraft, dunno if it exist longer , but i expect it does ;)