PDA

View Full Version : xacto knifes

Mr.terminatorbob
17-09-2005, 12:26
well when I was cutting out some parts of the sprues on my space marine bke i cut myself with a xacto knife and apart from blood gushing out when I removed the tissue I discoverd that it didnt relly hurt that much. and I thought it was going to be pain full.

Wiseman
17-09-2005, 15:03
zap a gap will stop the bleeding, zap a gap will fix anything broken. ask nid

Lord Setra
17-09-2005, 15:05
Lol or you could use super glue for what it was originally designed for to plug that wound

Adlan
17-09-2005, 17:56
super glue is not good for fixing wounds.
I'm just lucky I heal fast the amount of cuts i get.

Mr.terminatorbob
17-09-2005, 21:32
super gule hurts it burns it burns! I think iit does any ways.

Zombie Cow
17-09-2005, 21:40
Lol or you could use super glue for what it was originally designed for to plug that wound
You have to be careful with using Super Glue to plug a cut. It will work great for sealing the wound but it will also seal any nasty dirt or debris inside the wound too. You need to flush it out first to prevent infection from setting in.

The reason it didn't hurt much is that a very sharp knife like an exacto leaves a very clean wound. There is little to no tearing of the skin and tissue therefore there are less nerve endings damaged.

Watch out for those things, I have a few scars on my hands from cutting too hard! :eek:

Rabid Bunny 666
17-09-2005, 21:44
i know what you mean, i cut myself really deep (by accident) and only noticed because of the red

i just left it, it stopped after a while

Pertinax
17-09-2005, 21:56
What ever you do, wash the wound with a disinfectent. Trust me, I've been 30 mintues away from hospital admitance due to blood poisoning.

Luke
17-09-2005, 22:20
to plug a wound with superglue, i first wash it out, then carefully apply the glue sparingly inside the wound then closing it, removing any excess with cotton wool.

cuts heal in about 3 days or so. knife cuts and file cuts mainly. you need to remove excess so it doesnt catch ojn your clothes and rip out

TenTailedCat
17-09-2005, 22:56
...You're putting superglue into open wounds?

Surely that can't be right?

Rabid Bunny 666
17-09-2005, 23:02
thats what its designed for, it also does a stering job of sealing eyes

Luke
17-09-2005, 23:18
my mate cut his thumb to the bone with a 1.5 inch gash and the doctors could only do one thing. superglue.

its healed now, but there is a really big chasm like scar and his thumb looks like an ass :D

Kaoslord
18-09-2005, 06:01

You've never been in a "Help, I've wounded myself" thread before? Superglue heals all ills, from Xacto Knife slip to accidental chainsaw amputation.

Wolf Scout Ewan
18-09-2005, 14:44

You are right. Get that **** in your bloodstream and you are wormfood.

Superglue is NOT the same as the skin glue they use in hospital... the hospital stuff has been produced in sterile conditions, and designed not to be carried in the bloodstream.

Superglue... is a very poor copy of skin glue.

Luke
18-09-2005, 15:56
my mates and i have used superglue on all manner of wounds for around 13 years each and were still alive. and i mean wounds. proper to the bone, on your foot, fingers flayed, in your ribs etc..

Oliver
18-09-2005, 15:59
Superglue of any kind can be used in emergancies (sp?) to stick yourself back together but it is never a good idea.

Strikerkc
18-09-2005, 16:00
my mates and i have used superglue on all manner of wounds for around 13 years each and were still alive. and i mean wounds. proper to the bone, on your foot, fingers flayed, in your ribs etc..

Still, this situation would benefit more from a little soap water and a well aplied bandaid.

Jonathan =I=
18-09-2005, 16:17
thats what its designed for, it also does a stering job of sealing eyes

Flytying?

I use nail varnish myself.

Shinobi
18-09-2005, 17:11
Bah! Only women use sculping knives on their models. REAL men use shurikens to sculp models >=|

Luke
18-09-2005, 19:56
heh, just remembered. my mate had a verrucha (wart) on his foot that was....;annoying him. so he took his EXACTO knife and cut it out. decided to glue his foot back together again. trouble is, he didnt wait for it to dry befor he put his socks on. end result: duh! he glued the inside of his foot to his sock, which leaked through and glued his sock to his shoe. then the wound opened again and bled out through his shoe.

the next week he sliced his palm open right to the muscle, about 3 inches fro the middle of his thumb to his wrist. he glued it up in front of me whislt we were standing on the school playground.

Marty D
18-09-2005, 20:01
thats pretty sick luke - although strangly entertaining

havent any of you seen dog soldiers? the sergeant gets his stomach cut open so they shove his intestines back in and superglue his wounds - lovely

Pertinax
18-09-2005, 21:27
CA glues were developed as a field treatment for the military, were they not?