PDA

View Full Version : The Emperor: The Ultimate Genestealer?

Cosmocrat
07-12-2007, 00:33
Now before you call me crazy, think about it:

1. His Astronomican seems to be luring the Tyranids into the galaxy.

2. He went through the trouble of helping the Human race spread and propagate. Fattening the calf for the consumption hmmm? Many many more humans than there would be without him.

3. Imperial Cult = Genestealer Cult on a huge scale?

4. Destroyed Horus in one hit? Rending, anyone?

Alpharius
07-12-2007, 01:00
Clever, I suppose, but in a word: no.

countbenignito
07-12-2007, 01:00
Ok... I've thought about it... and you're still crazy!

1. Whilst it's feasible that the Hive Mind can "see" the astronomican and flies in its general direction not unlike a moth to a lamp, I'd say it's purely coincidental. The astronomican serves a much more obvious purpose in easing warp travel for the Imperium.

2. I'd still rather believe the Emperor had a rather nobler outlook for Humanity than that. He believed that through science, Mankind could become the dominant force in the Galaxy, and set out conquering world to better allow Humanity to achieve this goal.

3. No signs of genetic corruption, not to mention no psychic "beacons" coming form every world with a priest on it. That, and when Hive Fleets arrive on planets, Genestealer Cults have a tendency to aide them in killing off the planet's inhabitants. I'm certain Imperial priests have a history of helping the POPULACE fend off the invaders.

4. I believe it's widely documented that the Emperor killed Horus with a large scale psychic attack that drove the Chaos Gods out of him and fried his brain etc. Besides, the CSM are known to have retrieved his body. Not retrieved his random pile of ripped apart bits.

Current Score
The Count: 1
Crackpots: 0

azimaith
07-12-2007, 01:06
2. I'd still rather believe the Emperor had a rather nobler outlook for Humanity than that. He believed that through science, Mankind could become the dominant force in the Galaxy, and set out conquering world to better allow Humanity to achieve this goal.

I love this, noble=galactic genocide. Long live the Imperium hah!

Vesica
07-12-2007, 01:07

Could be the dominant force, we ARE the dominent force in the galaxy.

and as for the OP he should be killed for been a heretic, then revived and killed again.

countbenignito
07-12-2007, 01:47

Hey, I said nobler for Humanity.

The rest of the galaxy can go and get stod on :p

Inquisitor Engel
07-12-2007, 03:15
Could be the dominant force, we ARE the dominent force in the galaxy.

Da Orkz disagreez wiv ya! :D

Hive Mind 33
07-12-2007, 05:45
Da Orkz disagreez wiv ya! :D

And the Hive Mind Disagrees with that.

Vaktathi
07-12-2007, 07:10

To be fair, up until the Horus Heresy series they hadn't run into any major alien races that had been anything but outright hostile and just as eager to kill Humans until then. Running into aliens that weren't trying to kill them was one of the big events of the first HH book.

Brother Siccarius
07-12-2007, 07:46
Ok... I've thought about it... and you're still crazy!

1. Whilst it's feasible that the Hive Mind can "see" the astronomican and flies in its general direction not unlike a moth to a lamp, I'd say it's purely coincidental. The astronomican serves a much more obvious purpose in easing warp travel for the Imperium.

3. No signs of genetic corruption, not to mention no psychic "beacons" coming form every world with a priest on it. That, and when Hive Fleets arrive on planets, Genestealer Cults have a tendency to aide them in killing off the planet's inhabitants. I'm certain Imperial priests have a history of helping the POPULACE fend off the invaders.

4. I believe it's widely documented that the Emperor killed Horus with a large scale psychic attack that drove the Chaos Gods out of him and fried his brain etc. Besides, the CSM are known to have retrieved his body. Not retrieved his random pile of ripped apart bits.

Current Score
The Count: 1
Crackpots: 0

Not to mention the fact that actually uniting the Imperium made it much harder for the Tyranids to destroy. It's harder to take out a united central bureaucracy than it is a single isolated world.

As for killing heretics, it's much more fun and original to make them suffer than end it quickly. Possibly lobotomize them and turn them into a servitor, the universe always needs servitors.

kroq'gar
07-12-2007, 07:55
No. Main reason. Tyranids werent released until after the concept of the emperor.

Vaktathi
07-12-2007, 08:06
No. Main reason. Tyranids werent released until after the concept of the emperor.

Tyranids were covered in the original Rogue Trader rulebook, as were Slann (from fantasy), Eldar, Genestealers, Orks, and many other things. So Tyranids in 40k are just as old as anything else, although as with everything else they have also changed alot.

GR_Zombie
07-12-2007, 08:44
And to that I say, " Necron fluff." ;)

Stahlgeist
07-12-2007, 15:34
Awesome idea, and totally old-school 40K in flavor (or should I say "flavour").

Someone needs to create a radical Inquisitor with this as his belief system!

heretics bane
07-12-2007, 16:34
The astronomican fadeds away at the very edges of the imperiums borders then finally disappears, i dont think the hive mind could follow it

Mad Jack Deacon
07-12-2007, 16:46
If you refer to the ancient tomes of "The Lost and the Damned" and "Slaves to Darkness", you'll find that the Emperor is the result of a mass suicide pact to create one powerful being with the psychic abilities of all the shamans of ancient Earth.

So unless there was a genestealer cult on ancient Earth, that affected this mass suicide, then left without calling the Hive Fleet, and then returned from beyond the end of the galaxy, then your idea, while novel, is without merit.