PDA

View Full Version : Bull Rhinox

Ponyking
17-09-2005, 14:37
If I just have 1 rhinox rider do I have to upgrade him to a thunderfist before buying a bull rhinox? or is the addition about a thunderfist being upgaded first only there so you don't upgrade another model and not the thunderfist while he is present? The reason I am wondering is I was thinking about having a standard bearer on a bull Rhinox with the War banner as the Rhinox rider in question is supposed to have taken this as the loot from an empire lordling :)

Durham_red
18-09-2005, 12:00
If I just have 1 rhinox rider do I have to upgrade him to a thunderfist before buying a bull rhinox? or is the addition about a thunderfist being upgaded first only there so you don't upgrade another model and not the thunderfist while he is present? The reason I am wondering is I was thinking about having a standard bearer on a bull Rhinox with the War banner as the Rhinox rider in question is supposed to have taken this as the loot from an empire lordling :)

That is is the same combanation I'm taking in my Ogre Army. You can upgrade a single rhinox to a bull rhinox with out having to take a Thunderlord.

The Thunderfist being the first to be upgraded, is there to represent the background of the ogres where the biggest, baddest ogre (thunderlord) would take the biggest, strongest bull rhinox for himself. If you take a unit of 3 Rhinox it would make sence that the champion whould have the big one.