PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Points Chaos Dwarves Tourney List

Muffinius
17-09-2005, 15:07
Well i thought i'd make a tourney list for fun
Bull Centaur Lord (170), Shield (3), Heavy Armour (6) Black Hammer of Hasut (45), Armour of Gazrakh (30), Gauntlets of Bahrakk (20), 274

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer (65), Level 2 (35), 2 Dispel Scrolls (50) 150

Core
20 Chaos Dwarf Warriors (180), Blunderbusses (60), 240

Special
2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers 60

Rare
14 Bull Centaurs (280), Heavy Armour (14), Additional Hand Weapons (--),
Champion (15),

Fun!!!!

gortexgunnerson
17-09-2005, 15:37
Not really sure where your going with the tactics of this list, you have a lot of counteracting areas of the list e.g. 3 Lv 2's but then 6 dispels. This is a middle ground of defence and attack that I don't think will be very effective as your wizard lack access to the higher casting spells and on the defencive front Lv2 upgrades are a waste of points in comparison to Lv1 as same dispel dice. Same goes for the bull centaurs in a totally shooting defensive army. Yer they are a very good unit and lea by a Lord will eat most things in combat but they can't take an army on their own and blunderbuses have short range so will beleft behind. 8 bolt throwers will be damaging but with only 2 to 3 hits (at long) a turn they won't break an army.

I would in clude some hobgoblin units as cheap screens and maybe a unit of wolf boys or 2 to flank the centaurs and give him more units to worry about. Drop on Level 2 and the other 2 down to Lv1 with dispel scrolls, and get an earthshaker argueable the best peice of artillery in the game due to the cripppling effect of no missile fire and half move. Combined with a big charge of bull centaurs and wolf boyz you can hopefully out manovre his reduced move line and hammer weak points created by his inability to react to your moves

metro_gnome
17-09-2005, 15:57
so your lord doesnt need heavy armor... or a shield if he is wearing armor of gaz...
i like the BC lord... but i question if the gauntlets are necessary... S7 is a magic number... S8 not so much...

personally i don't find BBs as being particularly reliable... you shoot once before you end up in combat... where without shields they are a little weak... i use one as a support to my two blocks of CD warriors (one with GW, the other HW+shield) using the shadow lore for extra mobility these guys can cause some real damage with a flanking blast...

now its true that you bolt throwers are definitely worth their points... but i don't think you'll make any friends with your army... i realize its a tourney army... but seriously...
consider an earthshaker... stopping missile and halfing movement is the key to CDs... keep them a distance away before you let loose with your BCs (your one CC unit)...