PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Pts Campaign

Warboss Grabsnikk
07-12-2007, 06:05
Hi guys I am taking part in a mighty empires campaign at my local games workshop and I have written this list to hopefully give me an equal chance against any army that I might face. The armies taking part that I know of are: My Tomb Kings, Orcs and Goblins, High Elves, Dark Elves, Skaven, Ogre Kingdoms, Empire, Dwarves and Beasts of Chaos. Any help you could give me on how to combat these armies would be great.

My List:

Heroes:
Prince Thothmosis
Great Weapon, Collar of Shapesh.
Pts 129

Liche Priest (Hierophant)
Hieratic Jar, Cloak of the Dunes.
Pts 160

Liche Priest
Skeletal Steed.
Pts 123

Core:
19 Skeletons, Shields.
Pts 152

12 Skeletons, Bows.
Pts 96

Special:
3 Chariots, Standard Bearer with Banner of the Undying Legion.
Pts 165

Tomb Scorpion

Rare:
Screaming Skull Catapult

Total Pts: 1000

Casting Dice: 5
Dispel Dice: 4
Models: 42 (including catapult and crew)

As for tactics, the Prince goes with the large skele unit while the Hierophant is deployed with the bow armed skeles. The second Liche runs around behind the lines to wherever he is needed. The Chariots move around the enemy's flank while the Scorp tunnels if the enemy has warmachines. Lastly the SSC is deployed on a hill so it can get line of sight over the enemy, otherwise I try to put it where it can see the most enemy without my own units blocking its line of sight. the Priests get deployed near the catapult to make it fire twice a turn.

kyinpie
07-12-2007, 12:24
tomb kings are a difficult army at low point games, i play tomb king alot, so i would recomend this type list:

prince
light armour
shield
*blade of setep

priest (hierophant)
*cloak of dunes

priest
steed
*staff of ravening

skelis x20
light armour
shield
full com
*war banner
(prince here)

archers x10

chariots x3

catapult (foes)

total 997

tactics here are simple so i wont ramble about them.

hope this helps

good luck