PDA

View Full Version : DE Assassin question

Belerophon709
07-12-2007, 07:32
Hey all!

I was wondering if you have to reveal that you have included assassins in your army when introducing your army prior to the game, or if they are a complete surprise factor just as a night goblin fanatic might be?

I'm wondering since the assassin can be deployed as a scout as well as hidden within a unit. But you choose where and how to deploy him after armies have been introduced.

Thanks in advance.

kroq'gar
07-12-2007, 07:35
I've always played my skaven assassins blind... i mean, you dont reveal any magical items in the introuction stage, nor do you say which are included in your army and just not say whos carrying it.

Braad
07-12-2007, 08:06
If you hide the assassin in a unit, he is not revealed when deploying, that I know. What else would be the use of hiding, if he is not hided.

Belerophon709
07-12-2007, 08:20
If you hide the assassin in a unit, he is not revealed when deploying, that I know. What else would be the use of hiding, if he is not hided.

Not what I'm talking about though. I'm talking about pre-game army introductions.

You could still hide him somewhere, leaving your opponent guessing where he is. What I'm asking is whether or not you have to tell your opponent that assassins are included in your army at all before he pops out.

kroq'gar
07-12-2007, 08:30
You dont introduce him, as hes neither bsb or lord, so theres no need to reveal him hidden, hes a suprise.

marv335
07-12-2007, 10:33
you should note down secretly which unit he's in to prevent any "shell game" antics though

kroq'gar
07-12-2007, 10:37
at list selection i think your meant to choose where hes hidden. If not, then hes a scout.

Tutore
08-12-2007, 13:56
In our game group we always play that you don't have to say whether you fielded an assassin or not; however, if a DE player uses 1 hero slot less than he is expected to, many of us guess he has a hidden assassin somewhere :)

theunwantedbeing
08-12-2007, 14:03
No need to say anything untill he is revealed.
You can put the model on the edge of the board if you really want, but there's no obligation to give your opponent any warning as to whether you have one or not.

Although there will be a 179pt gap in your list that may arouse some suspicion assuming your opponent is good at totalling up your points in his head(although he wont know about magic items and so forth so lowering those a bit helps throw them off).

You do HAVE to write down which unit he is in of course, and then prove it(unless there is only 1 unit he can actually be deployed in).

Bit like goblin fanatics, no obligation to say you have them.
Just put them on the edge of the table at all games to make your opponent especially weary of your nigh goblin unit.
Same with the assasin (although this tactic doesnt work so well if you have 4 character's and place the assasin on the sideline).