PDA

View Full Version : Iron Warriors....

Imperial Dragon
07-12-2007, 10:54
would they say "hire" a unit of khorne berzerkers to help them fight a sigie?

and if so would they make them there colours or leave them?

(sorry about spelling and i think this should go here)

thanks

Dakkagor
07-12-2007, 11:09
I think you mean "Siege"

And yes, they probably would. Once you crack the walls, a unit of zerkers is going to be perfect at taking and holding the breach by killing anyone who ventures into it until they all drop dead.

Tonberry
07-12-2007, 11:22
The Berzerkers probably wouldn't even need to be 'hired', the opportunity to rush in and hit stuff would be sufficient payment.

reds8n
07-12-2007, 11:24
In their old IA list they were allowed to take a single unit of bezerkers for pretty much the exact reasons outlined above.

Sideros Peltarion
07-12-2007, 12:04
Yes and if you read Storm of Iron you will see that they don't hire them, they are actual Iron Warriors who have turned to Khorne.

Imperial Dragon
07-12-2007, 12:13
well i would have read the book but i can't find it where i am but the people at the store will order it in for me hopefully

reds8n
07-12-2007, 13:52
Might be unavailable currently, but it is however being rereleased (http://www.blacklibrary.com/product.asp?prod=60100181070&type=Book), next year.

It's well worth it.

Slazton
07-12-2007, 14:33
The Iron Warriors view the final assault on a Siege as honourable. To be one of the first in to crack open a breach is done by specially trained assault troops. Seeing as Chaos is Chaos, it is not wrong to assume that there would be some who follow the Dark God Khorne.

Especially as the new Codex allows you to create an Iron Warriors list and mix in Gods with Undivided lists, it makes sense to do it. Plus in the follow up of Dead Sky, Night Sun (I can never recall that book's title, but it featured Honsou and Uriel) two rival Iron Warrior Grand Company Masters followed Tzeentch and another Dark God IIRC.

Does not mean all of the Iron Warriors would follow the Dark Gods, a sin falling into just one God, but if you are just killing and killing as a seige assault expert, you would more than likely pay more homage to Khorne where as the Sorcerers would pay homage to Tzeentch.

Iron Warriors are not stupid and would use the Dark Gods as they see fit, but sometimes the Path of One God can draw in those who are weak....Like Khorne Bezrerkers and Noise Marines, nothing but fools. They should realise that Chaos Undivided or sorry, "Glory of Chaos," is the true Path of the Dark Gods and the True Path to kill all.

Even some Iron Warriors reconise the Words of Chaos, but some are follish.

Raven1
07-12-2007, 14:42
it's fine fluff wise

In fact as others have pointed out IW would have Khorne followers in their army. The book with the IW list says that IW get bored (obviously) with sieges and to finally break them and begin the final assualt is a sort of freedom. The IW may the siege masters of the universe, but they also love the whole bolt pistol and chainsword part of taking the actual citadel at the end.

I actual have in my end a formation for apoc that has the maelstorm of Gore and a T-Hawk in IW Apoc army to exmplify that exact part, especially since warhammer games arent generally sieges.