PDA

View Full Version : Where do you play?

mooby
17-09-2005, 17:25
Bit of a lie I know but where in the UK or anywhere else do most of us loons like to play our beloved warhammer (or LOTR *spits into bucket western stye* )

Also please add whether you have a gaming room or not.

Rabid Bunny 666
17-09-2005, 18:40
in my store, but its going *sniff*

nurgle_boy
17-09-2005, 19:31
poor bunny *give bunny special manly hug*

i play in store, but thats b'cause bath has a sexy big gaming room.

still, i wouldnt mind having a chaotic dirt board. they all seem to be cityfight, or grass...
a nice blackened dirt, with chaotic scatter terrain would be cool.
i may talk to our good old manager, and see what he think of it (read this darren, and agree goddamnit!)

Rabid Bunny 666
17-09-2005, 20:58
the bath gaming room is awesome, even the moria board is cool, despite the fact it had a snow hill on it when i saw it :wtf:

starlight
17-09-2005, 21:04
Used to in the GW Bunker, but I moved.
Never in any actual GW store.
Mostly at home.
Moving to have a gaming room to have more time to enjoy gaming at home.

Mr.terminatorbob
17-09-2005, 21:30
I ussaly play at a game store that some of you know scince i have been talking about before but has 3 standard size tables with no terrain because they have all thise bins under the table filled with terrain and ter is some unique terrain say voddo heads and the like also we have a smaller table which is for say 1000 point macths.
Sure not as big as gw the tables are way back at the end of the shop were I play.It feels more homely then gw and played several of the guys there.

Aurelien
17-09-2005, 21:51
I used to play at home, then I moved and sold all my terrain. :( Now I have no where, unless I want to commute to the GW or the semi local club. But thats ok, since the club is cool.

When I have my own place, I'll have a semi dedicated wargaming room. I say semi, because I think my wife will seize some space for her sewing machine:)

Oliver
18-09-2005, 10:46
At Warhammer world so many choices of table so many :D

Angelripper
18-09-2005, 10:57
Well we use to play at my home, We combined our financial resources and financed a nice Board. A friend of us has his own Board to so we can switch locations. Tried our GW store but it's unpleasent to play against 13 to 16 year old player who know the Word shower only from the dictionary.
No offence to all underaged gamers here but in my neighbourhood they are, well, nurgle fans. (great unclean ones) :evilgrin:

StormKnight
19-09-2005, 20:35
At home.
I've got two tables that can go together to make about a 5' x 6' area, filled with assorted homemade ramshackle terrain that's mostly pretty poor looking but gets the job done.
However, there's just barely room to squeeze around the tables.
If I can ever get the basement cleaned, it will get a big dedicated wargame space, which will be nice. Maybe then I'll get some better terrain!

nurgle_boy
19-09-2005, 21:07
Well we use to play at my home, We combined our financial resources and financed a nice Board. A friend of us has his own Board to so we can switch locations. Tried our GW store but it's unpleasent to play against 13 to 16 year old player who know the Word shower only from the dictionary.
No offence to all underaged gamers here but in my neighbourhood they are, well, nurgle fans. (great unclean ones) :evilgrin:

are you saying i smell because i like nurgle :D

if you are... your right... i forgot to shower today!

on the topic of boards, i hope to be making one soon.

lord_blackfang
19-09-2005, 22:07
At home. I've just bought new foam plates for a 6x4 table. Jusdt need to texture and paint them.

Gaebriel
20-09-2005, 11:40
Playing at a friend's appartement. We have a standard-sized table, with a very small choice of lousy terrain. But that might change soon, as we have two designated terrain-designers now... :D

I never played at a GW store, and never intend to, apart from a mandatory game at Warhammer world, and of course the Drakenburg (the german equivalent).

Pertinax
20-09-2005, 12:22
I usually play down in the shop that I work in. There is room, loads of tables, and lots of terrain.

Games usually take place during the club that meets after closing that I run.

hairyman
20-09-2005, 15:26
Play at home or a friend's house. I've never played in a shop and I don't really intend to. Apart from the shoddy state of my painting, toy soldiers is something I do with my mates.... we're not really serious enough about it to be joining clubs or taking on all comers down GW.

Angelripper
20-09-2005, 17:57
are you saying i smell because i like nurgle :D

if you are... your right... i forgot to shower today!

on the topic of boards, i hope to be making one soon.

Not if you like nurgle, if you really worship him and take him as your rolemodel as some kids here do, well thats another thing! :D

Odin
20-09-2005, 18:19
I have my garage set up as a gaming room (though it's also full of lawnmowers, toolkits, and other assorted junk). I tried playing at the local GW but it was usually a case of 20 kids all jostling to get to move a squad for one turn, and I just gave up. Also, I really am crap at getting stuff painted, so they wouldn't let me use my unpainted/half-painted models. Also, a lot of GW gamers scare me frankly, with their bizarre obsessiveness and inability to have a conversation which even borders on "normal". So I end up playing against the same few mates I've been playing against for years.

Crazy Harborc
20-09-2005, 18:29
Over the years, since I went from being a model railroader to a wargamer, I had/have a table. When we moved to this house, I bought a ping pong/table tennis table.

Now we have a 5 by 9 table with the makings of a 4 by 8 battle field on top of it. We arranged ceiling tiles so the long sides of the table have six inch ledges with a one footer on one end of the table. Great for having troops right at hand when it's their turn to pop up on the field..........BEER and snacks too.

Over the years, I played some games in indie stores and some in the kinda new GW store.
Long ago when we had our own store, we had tables there.

A couple of dozen lifetime wargamers can blame my partners and I for hooking them on wargaming. When GW came along they got that habit elsewhere (Our store closed a little too soon)