PDA

View Full Version : New Trailer up! WH:MoC- "Battle March" exp

ZeD1911
07-12-2007, 17:32
The intro trailer for the new expansion to Mark of chaos went up. The game was quite good, hopefully the exp will be as well.
Even if your not interested in the game, the trailer is still pretty sweet, though short.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28639.html

redbaron998
07-12-2007, 18:13
Not nearly as good as the WP one. Hopefully there will be 2 like there was for the first one, you know they had the Chaos giant against the goblins, then the WP one.

Still though it was nice to see chaos get its arogant face smacked in.

I believe this calls for a WAAAAGH

Dengar
07-12-2007, 18:15
I got the chance to play this on the 360 at this years gamesday at the nec it didnt seem to bad you play the dark elves in the demo with a good selection of units the level seemed a bit dark and the units did look a bit rough but it was just a demo. It reminded me of Lort bfm2.

Neknoh
07-12-2007, 18:17
seen half of it, loading the rest as I'm typing... the feel of it... WONDERFUL!

The pestilent 1
07-12-2007, 19:20
People really have to stop putting trailers inside trailers damnit! :mad:

I did like that Giant though.

Neknoh
07-12-2007, 21:17
That was a mere troll Pestilent, nothing but a Troll

The pestilent 1
07-12-2007, 21:22
Well I thought that at first, but then the way he was smashing stuff in all directions I figured he must be a giant.
Either that or Trolls have been REALLY beefed up since the last time I saw one (admittedly back in something like 4th or 5th edition..)

Neknoh
07-12-2007, 21:40
Strength 5 attacks tend to do that to T4 AS 5+ models :p

VanHel
08-12-2007, 00:07
I love these trailers.

75hastings69
08-12-2007, 09:32
Anyone know if this game might make an appearance on PS3?

ZeD1911
10-12-2007, 23:44
Below the trailer, where it says the name of the game, title, etc it says platforms: PC, XB360.
No PS3 it looks like.

redbaron998
11-12-2007, 07:12
Well I thought that at first, but then the way he was smashing stuff in all directions I figured he must be a giant.
Either that or Trolls have been REALLY beefed up since the last time I saw one (admittedly back in something like 4th or 5th edition..)

You must remember, almost all TT stats are dumbed down, in the Fluff of the game, a Star Dragon would be ripping apart an entire army (Similiar to an Emperor Fire Dragon) . Remember those stories of Dwarf Holds being lost to a single Dragon?

So yes it was a Troll, but a fluffy troll, not a TT troll.

I hope this is a Teaser, because I want another one haha, at least Warhammer Online is getting another full trailor in the spring, YAY!

On another note about this trailor...@ Chaos: HA!, still the chaos guys look tight

forgotten hero
11-12-2007, 11:32
Wow looks mighty impressive!

-Rob

Norminator
11-12-2007, 19:26
Whilst I wasn't particularly impressed with MoC itself, this trailer, visually, looks great.

Must-resist-buying-game-just-for-cinematics!

Nazguire
12-12-2007, 02:53
Cinematics look great, particularly the Chaos warriors. Big, full of plate and reeking bad-assery. But not too big and bad assery if you get what I mean.

The Orcs struck me as green gorillas though:wtf:

New Cult King
12-12-2007, 03:17
Khornate Chaos Warriors would surely be a bit less... restrained?

But anyway, I didn't bother finishing the original game - it got very boring and samey very quick. if the Orcs are a fully playable army in this, I might be interested, but otherwise, a resounding MEH from me.

Leviathan
12-12-2007, 09:02
Hello,

I didn't really give the game much of a chance myself. I tried playing a chaos campaign and the shouty voice of the warlord just started to grate on me. :p

Maybe I should replay it as empire...

Inquisitor Maul
14-12-2007, 21:29
I wanted to see Dark Elves :(

The Guy
19-01-2008, 21:50
:eek:
Get in.
If this is coming on 360. Then maybe we can expect DOW on 360 too? YAY

Dengar
20-01-2008, 08:45
:eek:
Get in.
If this is coming on 360. Then maybe we can expect DOW on 360 too? YAY

Your right dow is coming to x360. It was in one of the oxm mags there was only a small write up about it though dont know when it will be out but it will.

superknijn
20-01-2008, 08:56
The main reason I bought the original Mark of Chaos game is the trailer.
I must have this game.

The Guy
20-01-2008, 10:37
Your right dow is coming to x360. It was in one of the oxm mags there was only a small write up about it though dont know when it will be out but it will.

Probably about 2009-10 then.Just hope it's worth the wait.

DonkeyMan
20-01-2008, 21:52
Is this now an addon or a standalone game I wonder? Or is it one of the standalone tunning addons?

I hope they put the original MoC Campaign/Factions in it as well (at lest in the XBox version) and improve the game a bit. I might get it then.
Otherwise I'm not going to bother with it.

Just found this (hope they will release a demo for the Xbox):

Returning to the series it resurrected, Namco Bandai today announced the first expansion for Warhammer: Mark of Chaos. Titled Warhammer: Battle March, the next installment in the tactical strategy game updates Mark of Chaos with a new single-player campaign that features two new factions: Dark Elves and Orcs & Goblins. All of the existing factions will also receive new units, and new online modes will also be added to the mix.

Whereas the first Mark of Chaos was available exclusively for the PC, Warhammer: Battle March will also be joining the Xbox 360's growing lineup of real-time strategy games. But an expansion without the original game isn't much good, so Battle March on the Xbox 360 will include the original Mark of Chaos in its entirety, as well as all of the new content being added in the PC expansion.

Players will be able to play through single-player campaigns featuring each of the six different factions, and as is a hallmark of the Warhammer universe, Battle March will include extensive unit-customization options. The Xbox 360 game also includes online multiplayer battling for up to four players over Xbox Live in head-to-head and team-based modes.

Warhammer: Battle March will be available for the PC and Xbox 360 in 2008.

Neknoh
21-01-2008, 00:00
what I simply fail to realise is why these games are released on the 360 rather than the Wii

DonkeyMan
21-01-2008, 09:20
what I simply fail to realise is why these games are released on the 360 rather than the Wii

Because most RTS are really produced for PC first (not many RTS on consoles anyway). Still the best platform to play an RTS.
Now since you can make more money with consoles nowadays (except Germany, where the PC is still stronger) everyone tries to bring out the game to consoles to.
The port from PC to Xbox is the easiest.

I agree though, that the Wii would be a good console for RTS games.

snyggejygge
25-01-2008, 17:36
I thought the first game was decent, not as good as the old ones (Shadow of the Horned Rat & Dark Omen), but you still got the feeling of playing warhammer & the Cinematics was fantastic, so I will probably get this one as well, expansions usually donīt cost much money anyway.

Trailer was cool, troll seemed to much inspired by LOTR trolls, but the troops looked really cool!

Nightsword
25-04-2008, 15:11
I always wondered why there was never a Random Map feature for MoC. It doesn't make any sense to me. With something like age of empires, I rarely played the campaigns. I just played a random map. With MoC, you forced to play the campaign or online. That always bugged me. It's like the equivalent of a pick-up in tabletop terms. It doesn't make any sense.

Tastyfish
27-04-2008, 18:36
There was a Skirmish mode, it was just hidden within the Multiplayer mode. I thought they altered this in some of the later patches to make it easier to find - its not somewhere you'd normally look for a random game against the computer unless you were looking at a really old game.

RavenMorpheus
27-04-2008, 18:56
Get a PC, by the time DoW is out on the 360 DoW 2 will be out on the PC. I found Mark of Chaos to be rather carp. It ran too slowly on my laptop and just wasn't all that interesting - mind you that was just the demo I tried out where you were the chaos bloke...