PDA

View Full Version : Any point of marking a DP with Khorne?

BoosterX
07-12-2007, 19:11
I can't seem to think of it being a good idea having a EDemon or Demon Prince marked by Khorne.

a 360 degree frenzied flyer out of control comes to mind.

I really like khorne but I can't seem to find a good reason to have a Khornate ED leading my BoC army.

W0lf
07-12-2007, 19:17
Then dont mark him. Simple really, no?

Personally i think daemon princes and exalted daemons are crap.

everytime ive seen them fielded they have died early on and without making any impact..

T5 and 5+ ward + large target = dead model.

lets not mention what happens when they charge and fluff their attacks (hell even with good rolling they lose often.)

they suck.

Khorne ones suck more so....

theunwantedbeing
07-12-2007, 19:18
A flying frenzied model is incredibly difficult to "bait" when he is not in a baitable position on turn 1.
He's us3 so has a 90 degree line of sight anyway.

Anywho....to bait the guy you need to make sure you can escape his 20" fly range, and/or have another unit ready to bait him in the event of him catching the previous unit.

He's not a large target so can be screened by prettymuch anything and as he can fly you can simply hop him over your screen and into charge range of most of the enemy army upon "revealing" him.
Avoiding a guy that can fly 20" is pretty darn difficult to do....

Similarly a bloodthirster is just the same only you have to face him the wrong way on turn 1(as he can see over everything). But as soon as he is "revealed" he's even harder to bait as you can charge anything within his charge range, as he's able to see over and charge anything in range.

However, mv4 troops on foot that are frenzied are incredibly easy to bait for the sole reason that they cannot move very quickly and are very unlikely to catch you even if you decided to "bait" them from 3" or 4" away from them.

As soon as you realise this you'll see how useful they are.
Plus you get frenzy and an extra dispel, which is good for 5 st5 attacks on the exaulted daemon.
5 st6 if you give him might of khorne, and with killing blow too with the axe of khorne.
Although might of khorne + soul hunger is more fun.
5 st6 attacks that re-roll misses in the first round is useful.

The only reason I switched to an undivided daemon from my normal khornate one was because I didnt get enough power dice to stop remains in play spells effectively (plus I like magic as no magic lists for chaos are incredibly dull to use for the first handful of turns).

W0lf
07-12-2007, 20:37
you cant bait him per see.

But he cant break a unit in the front (without really good rolling) and he wont be getting no flank charges with 20" frenzy...

Latro
08-12-2007, 07:40
It helps if you actually know what you're talking about ...

- it has no 360 degree line of sight
- it's not a large target
- Furies exist for good a reason (well, several actually)

It can give you 6 attacks at strength 6 with a re-roll to hit and no armour saves allowed ... plenty of ways how that can be made effective.

:cool:

Lord_Byron
08-12-2007, 07:54
Spellbreaker.

Despiser
08-12-2007, 10:00
Then dont mark him. Simple really, no?

Personally i think daemon princes and exalted daemons are crap.

everytime ive seen them fielded they have died early on and without making any impact..

T5 and 5+ ward + large target = dead model.

lets not mention what happens when they charge and fluff their attacks (hell even with good rolling they lose often.)

they suck.

Khorne ones suck more so....

you cant bait him per see.

But he cant break a unit in the front (without really good rolling) and he wont be getting no flank charges with 20" frenzy...

Dude, if you are charging units in the front with just a daemon prince/exalted daemon, you deserve to lose him. It's suicide. Hell, it would already be suicide to do it with a Bloodthirster...

Use them for support charges on flanks and rear of enemy units. They don't negate ranks though...

Anyway, read theunwantedbeing's reply.

Unwise
08-12-2007, 11:58
In short, no I don't believe that a MoKhorne is worth it for the extra hassle. If it were free I would consider it.

If you do want to use it though, there is some good advice above that could make it workable. I normally have enough to think about during a game to bother with a character as unpredictable as that. There are only so many units you can screen and have in good positions at once.