PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse Allies

orange5
07-12-2007, 21:12
Hey there,

I've taken a little hiatus from the game, but I've jumped stragiht back in by buying the new apocalypse book, and the most exciting feature ive found is the possibilities of allies.

But after doing some more research I've found the rules to be a bit vague so i was wondering how would people react to say a daemonhunter army allied witha small eldar force?

fluff wise it would be a chance of common enemy, however are people gonna buy that?

RampagingRavener
07-12-2007, 21:18
Seems perfectly fine to me; so long as the Inquisitor was a Radical and thus open to deviating from the Imperial Creed of "Set anything even slightly inhuman on fire and laugh as it screams", then it'd be perfectly fine. Eldar arn't above using Humanity to help acheive their own ends.

Culven
07-12-2007, 21:37
I wouldn't object to using Eldar alongside an Inquisitorial army. What bothers me is people referring to them as "allies". There are set rules for what constitutes "Allies" (which can be found in the Daemonhunters codex), and for they most part, they have nothing to do with using units from different codecies in a single army in Apocalypse. Sorry, pet peeve.

vlorlich
07-12-2007, 21:51
heh Well its alot easier to swallow than what I am putting together. Necrons and Space Marines... I have fluff and stuff for it but I love how some people react when I tell them my 7k Apoc army is Necrons with Space Marines as allies.

stonehorse
07-12-2007, 22:21
Necrons wouldn't ally with anyone, just like Tyranids. I laughed so much when I saw that Necrons can ally with Chaos... wow, way to go totally against the background of the Necrons on the Apoc Ally matrix.

Eldar and Imperial allies are fine. As are Eldar and Dark Eldar. Chaos and Orks I can see at a push, off all the 40K races I can think of Eldar as being the easiest to ally with other forces... just not Orks, Chaos, and/or Necrons.

Malorian
07-12-2007, 22:30
How's this for a fluff idea:

The deamonhunter's goal to to hunt and trap deamons. Once he has them he might as well use them, but the current radical method (chains and shackles) is a bit crude and he has decided to go into talks with eldar to trap the deamons in soul stones. Basically the deamonhunter is catching the deamons and the eldar is turning them into a wraithlord.

Why is eldar doing this? Because they are doomed to fall by chaos's hands and helping the deamon hunters strike at the heart of chaos and use it against them further their aims to push on and resist chaos.

(The images of converted 'deamon' wraithlords are already starting to come to my mind...)

BARON SAMDI
07-12-2007, 22:35
I can't believe that SM and Tau are hated enemies the sm has allied with Eldar why not Tau?

All the same thats not stopping me from creating a army of pure allied forces So far I have IG SM Chaos and Eldar all ruled by the Tau Empire.
For The Greater Good!

Phoenix_79
07-12-2007, 22:43
Heh, just to make our apoc games memorable, I take my guard, marines and eldar and my opponent takes his tau, my tau and his chaos! I've never seen quite so many models on a regular gaming table! Last game was just shy of 10,000 points a side (and I had about 1500 points worth of spare, unused stuff!)

I've yet to work out how to include my 2000 pts of 'nids....

Icarus
07-12-2007, 23:04
Of all possible allies for Eldar, I think Daemonhunters is one of the fluffiest combos, alongside Dark Eldar. Its a pretty good match up - both are utterly dedicated to destroying Chaos wherever they find it. I especially like the example army given in the book where a Daemonhunter army is accompanied by a Harlequin troupe. Afterall - Ordo Malleus Inquisitors make up a significant proportion of the very few humans who have ever been inside the Black Library!

I can't believe that SM and Tau are hated enemies the sm has allied with Eldar why not Tau?

Actually Eldar and SM are list as being enemies in the Apoc Allies Matirx. I think this makes sense, because Space Marines are an extremely zealous lot, whilst certain elements of the Inquisition and the Imperial Guard Command are much more likely to be flexible in their thinking.

Although if it was a Blood Ravens army some Biel-Tan allies would be pretty cool!