PDA

View Full Version : New Ork Codex

baldbeachbum
08-12-2007, 00:59
I'm an Ork player at heart and have doubled into a Death Guard player. I have a lot of friends who play Orks too and having a hard time swallowing the new codex. However I am slowly coming around. I do find it odd the marine players I know are too happy about the Ork codex.

I'm interested what others think of the new Ork codex. What do you think? What I can tell the new Ork codex re-balances the Orks into a hoard army with nice Orky stuff. More bark and less bite. Loosing the choppa is painful but the army is still true to is purpose which is a Nob delivery system. Most of the additions are excellent. I especially like the new trukk rules for bailing out. Now an army has more that just one unit of trukk boyz with improved and fun bail out rules.

I think we will see fewer bikes on the battle field even with the improved Gutzmek. I haven't seen the new rules for Snikrot but if he keeps his rules then Snikrot and his elite unit of excellent modeled Kommandos will be a nice presence.

Lycannus
08-12-2007, 01:40
As a player who has played as and against pretty much every army in the game, I rekon the new Ork Codex is pretty cool.

It has a lot of character, the new vervions of the units are cool and very Orky.
It looks to me like it can be played as a competitive list, or as a fun list, a very fun list.

And for those worries about (Or celebrating for the enemies) The loss of Choppa rules, remember that choppa boyz have 4 attacks on the charge (2 base, +1 extra combat weapon + 1 charging) and the nob has an extra attack on top of that.
In a mob of 30 The sheer number of saves you can force your opponant to make compensates for a bit of extra armour.

And I love the bomb Squigs!

big squig
08-12-2007, 01:49
Well, I think we will see more bikes since they will be much cheaper. I can't remember the last time I actually SAW a ork bike being used.

I think almost everyone was expecting choppas to go away.

I think the only problem I have is that the ork army is just a nob dilevery system. I really wanted to see that stop. Orks were never meant to be like that. Never.