PDA

View Full Version : DKOK and armored company

sqigglett
08-12-2007, 14:06
Hi all.

I want to combine my love of tanks and my love of Death Korps to create a Death Korp armored company, but, background wise the Death Korps would not have armored companies, as Death Korps are a siege army, can i have help background wise getting round this? I don't have the money to do both.

Thx in advance :)

Onlyhestands
08-12-2007, 14:12
I don't know much about DKOK fluff, but don't they raise lots of regiments of guard? Surely some of them arn't seige armies. You could also have a decimated DKOK regiment combined with an armored company, and they could be working in tandem(DKOk as armored fists/ground troops, and regular tanks for another army). Or you could have an armored company which addopts the same armor/style as DKOK seeing as how some planet's regminets mimic others in appearence.

Death Korp
08-12-2007, 14:15
As it says in the introduction of IA: 5, DKOK have Panzer Divisions to Siege Armies, only one thats really out of place for them is the Drop Troops.

DK

killa kan kaus
08-12-2007, 15:29
Death Korp is right on but also you could use the downloadable AC rules and make a siege regiment.

shutupSHUTUP!!!
08-12-2007, 15:45
It says in IA:5 they create normal guard armies (for which presumably you'd use their Codex: Imperial Guard entry to represent them) and mechanised armies but the majority are siege regiments. So there's room for armoured companies. In fact I think it even lists several Death Korps tank companies that took part in the Siege of vraks.

Erkenbrand
08-12-2007, 17:25
You could also have a decimated DKOK regiment combined with an armored company, and they could be working in tandem(DKOk as armored fists/ground troops, and regular tanks for another army).

This is exactly what I do - my army are the Kronstadt (Medrengard) Vth Panzergrenadiers / 13th 'Iron Company', and are formed (fluffwise) from the depleted Vth Grenadiers and 13th Armoured Company. Job's a good un.

Colonel Stagler
08-12-2007, 17:27
The Death Korps of Krieg raze lots of Regiments but the majority of them are Seige Regiments, They also raise Panzer Regiments, some of which are listed in IA1, If you want to field the Seige Regiment list, and include plenty of tanks, Get an Apocaylpse Emperors Fist Tank company to join the army :)

Vaktathi
08-12-2007, 17:52
Hi all.

I want to combine my love of tanks and my love of Death Korps to create a Death Korp armored company, but, background wise the Death Korps would not have armored companies, as Death Korps are a siege army, can i have help background wise getting round this? I don't have the money to do both.

Thx in advance :)

IA:5 specifically mentions the Death Korps having Armored Regiments, mechanized heavy infantry regiments, and other types besides just Siege Regiments, the Siege Regiments are just the most common. Krieg Armored Companies are features extensively in IA vehicle descriptions as well, and are probably their 2nd most common regiment type, at least from the way FW describes Krieg forces.

Basically, the only type of Regiment the Death Korps does not field is Drop Troops. Other than that, anything goes. My Krieg army is a mechanized grenadier army for instance.

Lord Cook
08-12-2007, 19:47
Get an Apocaylpse Emperors Fist Tank company to join the army :)

Or an Emperor's Hammer Tank Company when IA: Apocalypse comes out :).

MuttMan
08-12-2007, 22:19
Also, you should use some Medusa Siege Tanks in IA1 for your artillery, and use at least 1 or 2 Demolishers as they are renown for bashing cityblock-thick rockrete walls in a matter of days. That fits the fluff very well, aside from that a Griffon might be flavorful along with a basilisk for taste.

By the way, when you mention siege, what did you have in mind? Most of the climactic battles in 40k are fighting against keeps, large walls and many obsticles that require firepower short of a nuclear weapon to bring down. Basicly Im saying theres no such a thing as a siege regiment without at least more tanks in weight then the ships that carry their men. Siege starts with tanks/artilelry/bombardment blowing the walls up first.

chaotic
10-12-2007, 01:40
if you want a siege armored company then get the rules for the AC and look at the doctrines, the second one is siege regiment which allows you to take basilisks and griffon's
as troops

catbarf
10-12-2007, 02:02
You could even have drop troops- remember, these are siege Guard. They must have some means of tunneling underground.

Ddraiglais
10-12-2007, 02:36
You could even have drop troops- remember, these are siege Guard. They must have some means of tunneling underground.

They wouldn't be drop troops. They would use the drop troop doctrine, but they would use termites and other tunnelers. I think the ban on drop troops would be for troops using valkyries and such.

Hicks
10-12-2007, 02:38
I don't see why not, I know that the Imperium's way of doing war is very much influenced by tradition, but not so much as to spit on the use of tanks if you have access to them.

Heck, I own a massive steel legion army and I just use vanilla rules with them. It's not like every regiment has to be mechanized, same thing for Kriegers regarding siege.

Colonel Stagler
10-12-2007, 13:25

Yeah, just wait for the DKoK tunnelers coming with IA5:2 :p
Stagler Out