PDA

View Full Version : No more mounted Daemonettes?

Pavic
08-12-2007, 19:35
So, I was looking through the list of stuff that GW is getting rid of, and not only did the bits for the mounted Daemonettes come up, but so did the standard blister. Does anyone know if mounted daemonettes are going to be available at all after the revision of mail order? I was really looking forward to the new Daemon army book, but if mounted daemonettes are not in the book, I am not sure I would even consider building a new daemon army. I really hope I am misunderstanding this whole situation, but to me, it looks like mounted daemonettes are out. The only other possibility that I could see is the release of mounted daemonettes in a box set (though hopefully not new sculps), which I imagine would happen around the release of the new book. If I am totally wrong, please let me know.

redbaron998
08-12-2007, 19:57
I hope not, mounted Daemonettes are a LETHAL unit, and the models having the older much better looking daemonettes are much better than whatever thas teh new ones. I hope they are not gone for good

brambleten
08-12-2007, 20:18
i thought you could buy them anyway, from a GW shop. i was thinking of startng a deamon army, but if i cant get all the money for the daemonettes i want before the new ones are released, then i wont.

[edit] store sounded to American

Gorbad Ironclaw
08-12-2007, 20:21
Why would mounted demonettes not be in the Demon list?

I honestly think you are reading too much into things.

Pavic
08-12-2007, 20:32
Well, if you check out the list on the main news page of GW's site and punch in the item codes for the blister and bits for the mounted daemonettes they all come up. However, some models that are in individual blisters, like Flamers, do not come up under there individual blister number, though the bits do. This leads me to assume that GW can only mean to either eliminate mounted daemonettes or they are planning to release a box set. Again, I might be misunderstanding this whole thing. Maybe GW is saying that these models won't be able through direct. But, it seems odd that you would still be able to get this stuff through a store and not GW.

Chris_Tzeentch
08-12-2007, 21:56
Well we know they are bringing out plastic deamonettes, which look similar to the older Realms of Chaos deamonettes, so it makes sense to discontinue the current mounted deamonettes and replace them with new sculpts or if we are really lucky a nice plastic mount which is compatible with the foot deamonettes.

theunwantedbeing
08-12-2007, 22:02
If they bring out plastic daemonettes the'll be the same as the ones on foot only with a slightly different command and mounted obviously.
Which is good news if thats the route they are going down.

Urgat
09-12-2007, 00:29
Well we know they are bringing out plastic deamonettes, which look similar to the older Realms of Chaos deamonettes, so it makes sense to discontinue the current mounted deamonettes and replace them with new sculpts or if we are really lucky a nice plastic mount which is compatible with the foot deamonettes.

Makes sense, but there's lots of precedents saying otherwise, unfortunately: take the new night gobs and spider riders compared to well, any of the other gobs from the current range...

C-Coen
09-12-2007, 10:49
I don't understand that list whatsoever.
For example, the BLISTER of the LATEST WE Eternal Guard is on there too..!
And yeah, as far as I know it's only not available for a while, altough some won't come back. Mostly very old ones.
And possibly we'll see some new, maybe plastic, mounted daemonettes, which look similar to the new plastics. Would be a pity, IMHO.

Stormtrooper
09-12-2007, 13:42
Wait till the summer, I think they'll be in the new Daemons armybook/codex when its released, if its released.

tortoise
09-12-2007, 17:13
Since the metal daemonettes look very little like the new plastic ones it would make sense for GW to discontinue the metal mounted daemonettes.

It has been written elsewhere on Warseer that pretty much all the old daemon types (ie mounted daemonettes, fiends, beasts of Nurgle, Juggernaught riding bloodletters etc) are all in the new army book or 40K codex (and probably in both) so it is very likely that a new mounted daemonette model will be produced since GW apparently no longer want to produce rules for units they don't make models for.

Of course this doesn't mean that mounted daemonettes will be redone immediately. They could well come out in a second wave a year from now.

redbaron998
09-12-2007, 18:18

Yes but thats kinda the problem to some, in that bug Daemonettes poll over 2/3 the people liked the older models...so we dont want anything replaced. leave us the good models to

silashand
09-12-2007, 21:11
I think folks are reading too much into this. Standard GW practice when a new army is scheduled to be released is to remove some of the units from sale shortly before that happens. Not sure why this is the case except perhaps maybe they want to repackage them. I don't know if plastic mounted daemonettes are going to be done, but I seriously doubt they are going to get rid of them altogether. JMO though.

Cheers, Gary

Spleendokta
10-12-2007, 22:20
Old daemonettes = boobies and no ***** claw

New daemonettes = no boobies with ***** claw

See why everyone hates the new ones? :p

Dominatrix
11-12-2007, 00:00
Hey you have something again titties? :p You should see the expressions on my girlfriend's face (and the alarming shade of red she turns into) when I ask her what combination of colours I should use to paint the nipples! Absolutely priceless! :evilgrin:

On a serious note now I love the metal daemonettes for reasons too varied and numerous to explain again. This topic has been discussed to death so no point bringing it up again.

I am pretty sure however that plastic mounted daemonettes will make an appearance at some point. Or failing that the metal mounted ones being repackaged and being made available once again.

SlaaneshSlave
18-12-2007, 23:17
They are in the US Online store. I just went to the Hordes of Chaos section & they were with all the other demons.

I think news of their demise might be a bit premature. :)

sulla
18-12-2007, 23:31
Old daemonettes = boobies and no ***** claw

New daemonettes = no boobies with ***** claw

See why everyone hates the new ones? :p

Your post = your opinion

Your opinion =/= everyone's opinion

See why you don't rule the world yet? :p;)