PDA

View Full Version : Deffkopta

hellhound017
08-12-2007, 20:58
I want to start an ork SPEED FREEK! army including several deffkopta units. I think the existing model is horrible, and I want some advice on what models to convert.

Noserenda
08-12-2007, 21:16
Id start with other Ork Buggies and bikes, throw in a mixture of roughly the right size kids toys (especially choppers :evilgrin:) and see where it rolls from there, as long as it has some way of "flying" and some gun barrels, the skys the limit! :angel:

SquishySquig
08-12-2007, 21:22
Head on over to the-waaagh!.com There are some awesome Deff koptas there. Some of my favorite were made out of sentinals. I almost went halvsies with my brother (guard player) for the Sentinal Apocalypse deal, because I thought they looked so good. But with orks, your creativity is the only limit. Some toys and plasticard should give you a good start.

jazzdude78
08-12-2007, 22:04
looted jetbikes aren't a terrible option
though Ill second the sentinel as a base, makes it look orkiest IMHO

also consider landspeeders

Kelpi
08-12-2007, 22:14
You can easily build a nice Deffkopta with the Battlefield accessories ( http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99229999041&orignav=10 ) and common bitz you will most likely have in your bitz box.

Cut out the two middle bars from the tank barricade and then stick the square ammo box on top them with the open end facing up. This forms your basic chassis with landing skids.

Use the barrels and any bitz you can find to build an Orky engine behind the ammo box cockpit. I used the remaining two bars from the tank barricade + plasticard for the rotor but the sky is the limit on how you want the propulsion to work. A tail can be easily built with sprue + bitz. An Ork body sticking out of the cockpit is the pilot. Glue on your guns and gubbins and your done

Feor
08-12-2007, 22:38
Just have boys riding Gun Drones. :)

Moriarty
08-12-2007, 23:12
From the description in the Codex, they are jet powered autogyros. Allegedly. There are toy 'James Bond' autogyros on the market. Possible kit bash?

atomictophat
09-12-2007, 03:58
From the description in the Codex, they are jet powered autogyros. Allegedly. There are toy 'James Bond' autogyros on the market. Possible kit bash?

Well if your going kit bash it, you had better green stuff some white tuxeos and cocktails for the ork pilots.

da big mek
09-12-2007, 04:04
have some boyz flapping their arms mounted on the appropriate base size

RexTalon
09-12-2007, 05:48
This website should keep you busy for a while. I don't even play orks and I'm thinking about using his ideas.
http://www.irondogstudios.com/images/vommitkommitz/mek_vommit.html

dblaz3r
09-12-2007, 07:59
Dam those are good. I really like that guys ideas, I think I will be adopting a very similar approach

Herman the Heathen
09-12-2007, 09:07
This website should keep you busy for a while. I don't even play orks and I'm thinking about using his ideas.
http://www.irondogstudios.com/images/vommitkommitz/mek_vommit.html

Fraggin Zog! those were cool.

Gonna steel that idea a bit and combine them wiw the new orky bikes...

mmmm, next year gonna be GREEEEN!!!

Clang
10-12-2007, 04:45
almost any race's bikes can be looted and given anti-grav engines for a cool jet-bike look. I too am not keen on the official model's helicopter look - those copter blades seem sure to break or bend during play or transport

hellhound017
11-12-2007, 20:25
Thanks for that. I don't like the kommitz, but I'm having a look at the-waaagh!

Moriarty
11-12-2007, 22:17
Well if your going kit bash it, you had better green stuff some white tuxeos and cocktails for the ork pilots.

Are there any other colour tuxedo's for Ork autogyro pilots?

:-)