PDA

View Full Version : Another injury thread

billr
17-09-2005, 21:56
Just in case you were wondering...

I can say that sawing through a good hunk of your finger with a slightly serrated knife hurts.

A lot.

Damn lemons.

skavenguy13
17-09-2005, 22:38
Wait, let me check if you're saying the truth *goes to kitchen* :p

billr
17-09-2005, 23:03
It bleeds a lot too. And it's not like one of those nice clean exacto cuts. Nope, it still hurts like a real bastard.

The pestilent 1
17-09-2005, 23:23
i seem to have slashed open my thinger (middle-right, rigth hand) while trying to save my friends bag as it fell (containing his 800-odd laptop)
i failed, but was slashed by an errant piece of steel wire.
then had the bright idea of spraying it we deoderant (didnt hurt, i was rather dissapointed)

i expect to suffer a bloody death to be honest.

Jaq Draco
18-09-2005, 00:10
finger bleeding with a bad gash and your on portent posting it

yep we trully are addicted to portent/crack warseer/crack

i salute you :D

Freak Ona Leash
18-09-2005, 00:13

I was wondering. I have this chain attached to a rather large spike-like object. I jammed it through my elbow (the skin part only) on a dare. I am now posting it on Warseer. Does make me a Portseer addict? *true story. I did once take a rather sharp and pointy object and jam it thrpugh my elbow. Yes it was on a dare, no I was not stoned/drunk. Im just intelligent*

Jaq Draco
18-09-2005, 00:16
nope doesnt make you a portseer addict, but posting about said injury whilst still bleeding, does

Freak Ona Leash
18-09-2005, 00:19
nope doesnt make you a portseer addict, but posting about said injury whilst still bleeding, does
*slashes wrists* Does this make me an addict...damn it! This just makes me an emo, doesnt it! @%$! :mad:

billr
18-09-2005, 00:51
What good is an injury thread w/o the details? Since I just spilled my guts on msn about it here it is for you too.

[20:40] billr: damn I can' t type with my finger wrapped in two bandaids
[20:40] Digital Archon: are the bandaids to keep you from bleeding while you type/
[20:40] Digital Archon: ?
[20:40] billr: blood's seeping through a bit too.
[20:41] Digital Archon: Erotic with the humor
[20:41] Digital Archon: lol
[20:41] billr: bandaid to help stop the bleeding and I figure it will hold the flesh togerther so it will heal.
[20:41] Digital Archon: that bad?
[20:42] billr: I ended up with a good two slices before I realied what I was doing.
[20:42] Digital Archon: ough
[20:42] billr: And it was a lemon too (through the skin) so think about how hard you have to press to cut trhough that.
[20:42] Digital Archon: yeah
[20:43] Digital Archon: serrated knives are good at cutting meat too
[20:43] billr: So I'm there swearing
[20:43] billr: cupping the blood as I make my way to the bathroom
[20:43] Digital Archon: it hurts a lot because the cut is a rough ione
[20:43] billr: then washing it out and the skin (or worse?) is sort of flapping around as I do that.
[20:44] Digital Archon: yeeesh
[20:44] Digital Archon: sideways cut?
[20:44] billr: My wife was out. I'm watching the kids, and I'm thinking damn, if I need stitches this is going to suck even more
[20:44] Digital Archon: eh
[20:44] Digital Archon: heh
[20:45] billr: So I let the water run over it for a good minute or so. Ever time I take the finger out, a good amount of blood starts filling the sink.
[20:45] Digital Archon: oh man
[20:46] billr: I'm thinking. F***it. So with one hand I start rooting around for bandaid.
[20:46] billr: Find some big enough, glob neosporin (wound healing type salve) on it and wrap it up.
[20:46] Digital Archon: neosporin is good stuff
[20:47] billr: My finger's pretty wet though, so I put another one on to make sure it held.
[20:47] Digital Archon: what kind of bandaid?
[20:47] billr: I was able to get the 2nd one on a little tighter too so I could have a little pressure going to help stop the bleeding.
[20:48] Digital Archon: that helps
[20:51] billr: oh, final bit of the story...
[20:52] billr: After that I went and finished up dinner so we could eat.

Rabid Bunny 666
18-09-2005, 01:28
when i was 6, i knocked my kneecap with a piece of flint. it sucked

skavenguy13
18-09-2005, 02:13

just search for a thread named "chainsaw accident" by myself and you'll laugh for sure.

Looked at name of post, looked at name of poster and decided to risk it

edit: found the linky:D
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8814

Luke
18-09-2005, 07:17
can people please post a picture of their wounds please :D

how can i give sympathy if i dont know how bad it really is?

TitusAndronicus
18-09-2005, 07:21
BIll, darling, didn't your mommy teach you to put pressure on a cut? Pressue stop s the blood loss long enough for it's coagulative abilities to stick the wound together and clot the blood in there so it won't come out. And the fact taht it is coming out is indeed, the important thing to worry about. Oh, that and the lemon. DId you bleed all over the lemon or is it okay?

*wanders off to find a lemon for scotch*

Lord Setra
18-09-2005, 10:04
Well as it stands Im trying to type with one hand as my right arm is incapacitated as I had to go and damage the muscles in my shoulder playing rugby didnt I.

Xhalax
18-09-2005, 11:16
Over tha past couple of days...I have aquired a number of scratches from the cats. I number of bruises which I have no idea what caused them and the skin is coming off my face for some reason.

But no major injuries to report at this time.

billr
18-09-2005, 14:41
BIll, darling, didn't your mommy teach you to put pressure on a cut? Pressue stop s the blood loss long enough for it's coagulative abilities to stick the wound together and clot the blood in there so it won't come out. And the fact taht it is coming out is indeed, the important thing to worry about. Oh, that and the lemon. DId you bleed all over the lemon or is it okay?

*wanders off to find a lemon for scotch*

by the time my brain kicked in and I decided that i might need to apply pressure it had mostly decided to stop bleeding, and once i got it wrapped up it finally cut out for good.

The lemon survived untainted, well it survived long enough to cook with it.

billr
19-09-2005, 00:13
Cripes! This is annoying.

Damn thing opened up again today. The blood sort of creeped my son out. He's pretty young. I did get a better look at it though. The wound is a nice C shape. Never had one like this before.

The Dragon Reborn
19-09-2005, 00:26
well I bit my finger nail to short, that kills so there it even bled alittle

Shuya
19-09-2005, 00:44
Ever had an X shaped cut on your leg. And not done buy a X shaped blade, buy sissorcs :(

Tom
19-09-2005, 01:07
Scissorcs? Scissor wielding Orcs? Nasty.

Yodhrin
19-09-2005, 01:40
Ive not had anything worse than the odd hobby knife cut for several years. The worst injury Ive ever had was back when I was about 14, out on my blades. Tried a jump off some stairs and clipped the central railings about halfway down, landed dodgy and ended up with a compound fracture of my shin.

I didnt experiance any pain at all, oddly enough. The shock of looking at my bone poking through my leg at a 45 degree angle kept me going for about two minutes, and then I passed out from shock/bloodloss. By the time I woke up the paramedics had arrived and given me a hefty shot of morphine :D

My leg itched like a bugger when it was healing up though.

TitusAndronicus
19-09-2005, 02:06
Bill, you really should dab a bit of superglue on it. It'll seal it up for a few days, lets oxygen in to allow it to breathe, and helps keep it from scaring. Just don't pour it IN the wound or it'll heal around it like a tree grows around a fence...

billr
19-09-2005, 03:59
But chicks dig scars!

"Looky here baby. I got this one while slicing a lemon. No! no! Don't look at Yohdrin's leg. Damn!"

Wiseman
19-09-2005, 04:24
the scissors can now weild orcs!:eek:

i say we open a hospital section of warseer, where we can post our "Help i cut my larynx while playing with the cat on the roof of the house, what do i do? Im bleeding all over the place, and to make matters worse, i went to run to the hospital, holding my throat to stop the bleeding, but i tripped and got run over by an ambulance, not knowing what to do, i came back home and decided to post on warseer. w00t!"

Beefstick
19-09-2005, 04:40
But chicks dig scars!

Hell yeah dude! I've got tons of 'em. I am averaging about one good burn every two days or so at my new job. Gettin' sexier every other day... ;)

I wonder when I'll finally get to touch a boobly? :confused:

rammo_73
19-09-2005, 13:40
I broke my finger a couple of weeks ago in football. I keep reinjuring it every day though so it's going to be a knotted mass of scar tissue by the time it heals. I got burnt by my lawnmower exhaust once. I reached under to put the belt back on the blades and got burnt. I have a nice scar offa that one.

I have a buncha chips in my shin bone from football and skateboarding, roadrash scars for skitching on my skateboard, severely injured my knee in a car crash (I have scars from surjery), several muscle injuries that have created scar tissue (from football and wrestling)

Friday I broke a bone in my foot playing football (and played on it the whole game still making phenominal plays by the way) and I'm not going to the doctors for it because then I'll have to stop playing football for a while, not on my senior year I won't, it's too important to me (even more than my health and well being).

Adept
19-09-2005, 13:58
I tore out both of my big toenails with pliers.

They were both ingrown along the outside edge. So I split each nail in half lengthways with a scalpel, then tore out the ingrown half with pliers. A quick wash in iodine and a sterile dressing, and one week later I was as good as new. And they never grew back in either.

Sai-Lauren
19-09-2005, 14:06
just search for a thread named "chainsaw accident" by myself and you'll laugh for sure.

edit: found the linky:D
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8814

I should charge for people using that chainsaw quote of mine :p

See post 17 in what was possibly the first warseer medical thread (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1605&page=2&pp=10) ;)

mirakel_jocke
19-09-2005, 14:07
I tore out both of my big toenails with pliers.

They were both ingrown along the outside edge. So I split each nail in half lengthways with a scalpel, then tore out the ingrown half with pliers. A quick wash in iodine and a sterile dressing, and one week later I was as good as new. And they never grew back in either.
That's nasty...*shuggers*

/Mirakel_Jocke

x-esiv-4c
19-09-2005, 14:10
Never had any major injuries...EVAR!

So that makes me prunable to be like....defiled by God or something.

The Dragon Reborn
19-09-2005, 17:42
Maybe you should leave the house?

TitusAndronicus
19-09-2005, 21:31
You're all sissies. Lemme raise my pants leg and show you the scar I got when a dude stabbed me through my thighbone. Or here, I can show you where I got shot by an artillery piece~wait, I'd have to drop my drawers for that...Well, I'll show you my wrist, where I took a piece of the spring from a .50 cal through it...
Never mind. It's fading after all these years...Oh my god I'm old.

billr
20-09-2005, 00:48
~wait, I'd have to drop my drawers for that...

Pixpls

Regarding football and broken fingers... I remember those days. That sucked.