PDA

View Full Version : Expanding my Army

pwrgmrguard
08-12-2007, 22:45
A while ago I recieved 36 warriors, five knghts a chariot and champion on foot for my birthday. i set them aside to continue my Tau and because i didn't want to buy new books before 7th came out. NOw My focus returns to Fantasy and My chaos hordes.

I was wondering what's the best way (model wise, i have the books) to expand on what i have. Thanks

theunwantedbeing
08-12-2007, 23:14
36 warriors eh?
2 units of 18, one lead by a champion.
Another character on foot would be useful to go in the other unit then.
A second supporting chariot and a second unit of knights perhaps?

Not the best army but its a starting point to build upon in whatever direction you want.
You can at the moment buy prettymuch anything you want to add to the list really.

So...whatever you think is cool is best to get.

pwrgmrguard
08-12-2007, 23:35
That's my kind of plan! Vague and open ended.

Seriously though, thanks. I think another foot champion and a mounted champion, followed by some dogs.

theunwantedbeing
08-12-2007, 23:46
Glad you thought up dogs on your own.
Shows you have a tactical head on you.

Well chaos tends to be vague and open ended anyway, and I didnt really want to sugguest everything I would do as you'de just end out with my army, as opposed to your army.

pwrgmrguard
09-12-2007, 00:00
True, to each his own.

I think a hammer and anvil strategy would work. screen warriors, engage with warriors, knights and chariot flanking. Mixed marks too.

To be honest I've never played a fantasy game in my life. But i've watched quite a few.

CHOOBER SNIPES
09-12-2007, 01:19
mayb get some marauders with light armor and HW&S for an anvil. then hit with cav as u said. if u wanted u could make a small unit of khorne warriors (lik 10) as a hammer, but as said before completely up to u. also, if u stick a character in the marauders they are quite a bit better, and more capable at their job.