PDA

View Full Version : Inquisitorial crusaders

Xgladar
09-12-2007, 12:01
in the inquisitorial retinue box,you get one unit that particularly caught my eye-the crusader

specifically im talking about his armor,because it looks like power armor

isnt power armor extremely rare in the imperium?(besides space marines and the sisters,only inquisitors have it.ive yet to see storm troopers in power armor or anything like that)

and if its not power armor,what kind is it?
and what is the background behind these guys?do they come from temples(like death cult assassins)?are they trainees of the inquisitor like the acolyte?

heretics bane
09-12-2007, 12:16
Its not really rare per se only the Adeptus Astartes are permitted to wear the full verions of it and the Sisters of battle are the only Milantant arm of the Imperium that would use it in mass, there are some Inquistitors that do have access to some artificer power armour, but i would think that the crusader is wearing a more advanceed form of carapace of he just has a cool breast plate as the rest of his bodys covered with robes

Supremearchmarshal
09-12-2007, 13:03
It doesn't look much like power armour to me - it's more like some hybrid of carapace and platemail.

As for background I think they're either the Inquisitor's personal guards or some professional chaos-hunters he's picked up during his travels.

Also I think you need some implants to be able to wear Power Armour.

Xgladar
09-12-2007, 15:03
It doesn't look much like power armour to me - it's more like some hybrid of carapace and platemail.

As for background I think they're either the Inquisitor's personal guards or some professional chaos-hunters he's picked up during his travels.

Also I think you need some implants to be able to wear Power Armour.

i think only the marines need a black carpace to use their armour.unless the sisters use matrix-style plugins for their suits

Chilltouch
09-12-2007, 15:37
The background behind these guys is that they are possibly the only 'militant' male sect of the Eccelsiarchy that is accepted. These guys are usually used as bodyguards for the Cardinals. That's just about all that I know on the subject and all that anyone really knows.

As far as I know.

Eheh.

superknijn
09-12-2007, 15:50
They don;'t have power armour. I have a model of one, and he has ******** trousers, not power armour.

LexxBomb
10-12-2007, 05:02
well it could be the form of power armour the Knights of the Order were wearing on Caliban before the Emperor arrived

Eulenspiegel
10-12-2007, 06:32
"Crusader" is a generic term used in Codex:Witchhunters for heavily armoured, religiously fanatical warriors.

Most of them wear plate armour (which IS carapace armour, rules-wise) and carry a shield. Obviously to suit the medieval knight templar theme.

Ikkaan
10-12-2007, 09:58
Power armor does not generally need implants to be controlled. The space marines just have the best of the best, so their suits have additional controls. Sisters of Battle for instance are unaugmented and their suits function perfectly.