PDA

View Full Version : Fabricator-General Kane

Supremearchmarshal
09-12-2007, 12:40
I was wondering what happened to him. He accompanied the Emperor in the assault on Horus's flagship but seemingly he just disappeared after that. Does anyone know if he survived? And what about his former master (I forgot the name) who turned to Chaos?

Mechanicus
09-12-2007, 13:00
I presume Kane survived to reform the Mechanicum into the Adeptus Mechanicus, but Kelbor-Hal (his predecessor and Chaos worshipper), I'm told, died on Mars.

simonjedi
09-12-2007, 14:33
He created the "brotherhood of nod" space marine chapter

Daredhnu
09-12-2007, 17:25
long live kane :p

no i don't have anything to add cause i don't know.

ryng_sting
09-12-2007, 19:06
He didn't accompany the Emperor. The Fabricator-General of Mars is an important figure, but he's no soldier. Dorn, Sanguinius, and a score of Terminators and Adeptus Custodes fought with the Emperor. No one else.

jb85
09-12-2007, 19:49
He didn't accompany the Emperor. The Fabricator-General of Mars is an important figure, but he's no soldier. Dorn, Sanguinius, and a score of Terminators and Adeptus Custodes fought with the Emperor. No one else.

Depends on the background source you use. Bill King's story would seem to suggest Kane accompanied the Emperor as he was in his direct presence when the order to teleport was given. The expansion to the Horus Heresy board game in WD involving the attack on Horus had Kane leading the Mechanicus and Imperial Army contingent that accompanied the Emperor, Custodians and Marines. It should also be noted that the latest background doesn’t have any Terminators (Fists or Blood Angels) involved in the attack on the Vengeful Spirit.

Also while the Fabricator General isn’t a warrior by trade I would wager he would be a handy man to have in a scrap. He may not be able to do anything to Horus, but there were plenty of Traitors to go around up there :D

The pestilent 1
09-12-2007, 20:09

I sincerely doubt that a fabricator general that is more machine than man didn't have some kind of Imperial Light-sabre-esque thing to slice up traitors.

Supremearchmarshal
09-12-2007, 20:55
He created the "brotherhood of nod" space marine chapter

LOL

Thanks everyone for the info.

As for Kane being a warrior, aside from him having good stats in the aforementioned boardgame, he didn't really need to. Doubtless Horus set up some devious traps which he could help disarm. He'd also be handy to hack into security systems, operate various spaceship controls, repair damaged weapons etc.

He could also have some really advanced Signum or some insanely powerful BFG-like weapon from the Dark Age of Technology. :chrome:

Burnthem
09-12-2007, 21:05

I'd also like to think that although he may be no soldier, to be honest he's got all the technology that mankind posseses at his command, i reckon he could put up one hell of a fight, probably got the most foolproof invulnerable save ever devised :D

jb85
09-12-2007, 22:31
As for Kane being a warrior, aside from him having good stats in the aforementioned boardgame, he didn't really need to. Doubtless Horus set up some devious traps which he could help disarm. He'd also be handy to hack into security systems, operate various spaceship controls, repair damaged weapons etc.

I've always thought while the Primarchs and the Emperor went to the bridge to get Horus, Kane would have been doing ‘renovations’ with some explosives to the Vengeful Spirit's engine rooms :evilgrin: