PDA

View Full Version : new daemons yay or nay?

sing Sang a song
09-12-2007, 19:36
okay im pretty sure some people saw previews for daemon models that is coming out and in my view they are ugly seriously slaanesh models and bloodletters looks like daemons from 70's movie..., so i wanna know other people thoughts about new daemon models
p.s. anyone has pic of new Tzeentch model?

dodicula
09-12-2007, 19:41
I think both are good, I like the demonettes better and the blood letters also look cool, though not as good as the current set

Rotokultaxe
09-12-2007, 21:11
The bloodletters and juggernauts are, IMO, awesome minis. I really don't like the current bloodletters (they seem to have no neck...), but I prefer a thousand times the current daemonettes over the plastic ones.
As for pics of new Tzeentch models, I don't think we might see them anytime soon: I remember reading somewhere on these forums that there won't be new Tzeentch or Nurgle demons released this spring with the new army book, we'll have to wait for those...

brambleten
09-12-2007, 21:16
nay to the new daemonettes, they look much worse than the current ones

Acheron,Bringer of Terror
09-12-2007, 21:19
yay to bloodletters and juggers and nay to daemonettes :)

Khorghan
09-12-2007, 21:23
juggernaugt is cool, dont mind the boodletters, daemonettes are UGLY!!!!

theyre releasing tzeentch and nurgle in a second wave i believe

Urgat
09-12-2007, 21:35
no opinion about the letters, I hate the nettes, and I like the jugg, but if someone tells me it's not the old one (luckily, looking at the nettes...) merged with the Doom3 pinky daemon, I'll laught at his face :p

madden
09-12-2007, 22:17
Can you post a link to the new deamon pics? thanks

Khorghan
09-12-2007, 23:03
theyre in the rumour roundup i believe

Pavic
10-12-2007, 02:18
May the molds for the new daemonettes be broken asunder and never be remembered. The new juggernaught is nice and I don't have a problem with the new bloodletters. And if GW gets rid of the current mounted daemonettes....

Highborn
10-12-2007, 05:24
The new daemonettes don't have their girly bits out, which would explain a good bit of the hate. I like them ... suitably daemonic, and those corsets look much more interesting. The old ones just looked like hot naked girls with claws. The new ones aren't as fluid in their pose as the current metals, but are plastics ever? I'm keenly looking forward to May '08 and a new Slaaneshi army.

Sephtar II
10-12-2007, 08:11
The Bloodletters are not as good as the current ones but I can happily live with them. The juggernaught is very nice. the new demonettes make me want to weep, and I hate chaos! I just think that the current ones encapsulate what demonettes are meant to be about, the new ones don't look as seductive as they are written in the fluff and the rules.

Pokpoko
10-12-2007, 08:44
i'v said it,and i will say it openly. the new demonettes,unless the photo is realy messed up and they are teh prettiest evar, are now in the proud company of Nagash,Alith Anar(spl?) and 7ed shadow warriors. meaning they'r carp. jugger is ok,more of a resculpt than anything else,and i remain unconvinced of the bloodletter-too thin for my liking,i like my demons S4:D

der_lex
10-12-2007, 08:55
As for Tzeentch, I don't see any daemon models that drastically need replacing...the Horrors looks awesome, and the Screamers are fine as well.

Dominatrix
10-12-2007, 09:13
As for Tzeentch, I don't see any daemon models that drastically need replacing...the Horrors looks awesome, and the Screamers are fine as well.

Tzeentch daemons are indeed fine as they are. Besides if GW's idea of new daemons is to regurgitate the old craptastic ones, no thank you very much I will stick to my current horrors (anyone here who remembers what horrors looked like before their current concept? :evilgrin:).

The sad part is that if Nurgle and Tzeentch don't receive plastic daemons, fielding an army of them will be hideously expensive and this is totally unfair compared to the treatment Khorne and Slaanesh will receive. That's why I expect Tzeentch and Nurgle plastics to appear if not right away, definitely in a "second wave" of daemon releases.

So no the current daemons are fine but yes plastics are needed to make daemon armies economically viable (for new daemon players that is; people who already have the metal daemons are not that affected).

der_lex
10-12-2007, 09:29
You have a good point there about the cost, hadn't looked at it from that perspective.

And don't remind me of the old horrors... *shivers*

75hastings69
10-12-2007, 10:00
I for one am very excited about the new Daemons stuff, so I am a firm YAY!

p.s. I am led to beleive that plastic Tzeentch & Nurgle stuff will not be in first wave of releases.

p3990013
10-12-2007, 12:28
I don't like the look of the new daemonettes, but they are plastic which is so much better :). The new bloodletter model I saw looked fine, hope it's plastic too. The new juggernaut is better than the current one IMO.

madden
10-12-2007, 13:24
the old horrors yea kill the pink get 2 blues bring that rule back(lol)!

Ethlorien
10-12-2007, 13:56
I like the Bloodletters the most, by far. The Juggernaut is quite impressive though. Not a fan of the Daemonettes, though I wouldn't say I hate them. I'd like to see a painted unit of them.

Leogun_91
10-12-2007, 14:01
Im about too start a Tzeentch deamon army soo its a defenitive Yay

p3990013
10-12-2007, 14:01

hehe that would effectively need 3 wounds to kill each horror...

MalusCalibur
10-12-2007, 17:34
Personally, I think the new Daemon models we've seen so far are awful. The Juggernaut looks the same as the old one (albeit bigger), and the Bloodletter looks daft and flailing, unlike the martial and bestial ones we have right now.

The new daemonettes don't have their girly bits out, which would explain a good bit of the hate. I like them ... suitably daemonic, and those corsets look much more interesting. The old ones just looked like hot naked girls with claws. The new ones aren't as fluid in their pose as the current metals, but are plastics ever? I'm keenly looking forward to May '08 and a new Slaaneshi army.

Daemonettes are SUPPOSED to be 'hot naked girls with claws'! The new monstrosities are stupid looking: they're not going to be seducing anyone looking like the bastard child of a crab and a punk.
I don't see anything wrong with the current models 'having their girly bits out', because if my understanding is correct Slaanesh would welcome such open debauchery. The ridiculous little corsets that the new models have contradicts what Slaanesh is supposed to be about, IMO.

I'm just praying that GW is paying attention to the hatred the new 'Daemonettes' are getting, and does something about it, because otherwise I'll do myself a favour and stock up on the old ones while I can.

If y'ask me, all the Daemon models needed was plastic-ifying, as the current sculpts are all fantastic.

MalusCalibur

Mozzamanx
10-12-2007, 17:53
Well, the old possesed caught alot of flak and were replaced a year later. Perhaps GW will work on plastic 3rd edition daemonettes when the crab people crash and burn. That makes me happy.

Xzazzarai
10-12-2007, 17:58
Where can I find some pics?

GeneralofChaos
10-12-2007, 18:17
Big Yay for me also, I love that the models are being done in plastic. This way easy to convert them up to make your army standout.

By the way I hate the 6th edition Horrors and Screamers, I much perfer the 5th edition Horror model. Just have to make a weapon swap or two to make it stand out in your army. [here a pic of my Horrors]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/gocon13/P1010004.jpg

GoC

Aflo
10-12-2007, 18:23
Big yay for the bloodletters a resounding nay for the immensly ***** demonettes in all thier tacky bondage glory.

Darnok
10-12-2007, 18:53
I love the new Bloodletters, much more demonic than the current metals (which are ugly and static...). The Juggernaught is also very cool. I don't really care about the Daemonettes, as I don't like Slaanesh - but the current metal ones are by far superior.

So Yay for the Khorne daemons, nay for the Daemonettes.

Dwarf Runelord 45
18-12-2007, 05:12
oh my god............. the new daemonettes are really ugly. well, is it is time to buy them before they get rid of them.

Leogun_91
18-12-2007, 08:51

Ive heard about that. I want to play that too. New unit for that please.

tortoise
18-12-2007, 10:12
I love the new bloodletters and juggernaught.

I really much prefer the concept for the new daemonettes. I think all chaos gods, even those dedicated to pleasure, should have an aspect that is highly unsettling for sane people. The previous daemonettes, while good, were a little too 'dark elf' for me. Plus, I like crab claws.

I also like the fact that they appear to be hermaphrodite's once again- this was always a critical part of Slaanesh back in the day. Female daemons for Slaanesh didn't make much sense to me.

However, I'm not sure about the execution of the new models yet- they look rather bland and poorly posed- i can't decide yet if the bondage thing isn't too much also. I expect them to look better painted (which is unusual for me as I think most GW models look worse when you can clearly see the detail or lack of it!).

I actually wonder whether this is a matter of context. The current portrayal of Slaanesh is much more gothic than the twisted erotiscism of the RoC years, so there will need to be a change in the way the background is portrayed for the new daemonettes to really make much sense to people. I'm not sure however that the majority of gamers are quite ready for a faction of perpetually erotiscised bi-sexual she-males. Back in the day Slaanesh always suffered in terms of popularity because of how uncomfortable the notion is and I don't see it being any different now either.

So yeah, those hating the new daemonettes sho0uldn't painc too much- you can expect them to be replaced by naked chick goth daemons again in a few years time.

Just Tony
18-12-2007, 11:47
Remember when they sculpted this awesome bloodthirster with the dreadlocks and a truly daemonic face, and suddenly the community as a majority bitched because it wasn't a dog faced daemon like the old one? So they resculpted it like the old one. Remember when they improved the look of the Eldar Aspect Warriors, and made them a FAR CRY better than the 2nd Ed models? And the community screamed in horror at losing their cone headed big ass fins on the side of the head Reapers, and generally a horrific backlash to change?

I remember that. It was, to me, a total waste of resources when the models were fine. The gaming community at large has unfortunately given GW the consensus that we like the theme and look of, oh, about two editions ago better, which is being reflected in the models and the fluff. So it's not shocking that they went back to the crabhanded punk mistresses. Is it a shame? Yeah. Are we as a community partly to blame? I think so. As we harken back to previous editions in the new games development, we start to lose some of the creativity that was breaking us out of the stagnation of the hobby.

But alas, we're stuck with it. I'm stuck with a Bretonnia that is basically Empire with slightly different special rules. I'm stuck with rehashing old substandard models in the name of nostalgia.

BTW as long as they make them in plastic, the new daemonettes can look like Divine from "Pink Flamingos" for all I care. Hope they get a considerable amount of bits

silashand
18-12-2007, 14:38
Considering that the only daemons I field are Slaaneshi, I have to say nay. The new ones are horrible compared to the current ones.

Cheers, Gary

Just Tony
18-12-2007, 20:12
Now did I say that the crabhands look as good OR better than the current metal ones? No, I didn't. We can all agree which ones look breast... er, I mean best. My point is the fact that they are doing them in plastic at all. Most armies would KILL for units in plastic, and come up short. However, we as consumers are VERY vocal with our dissatisfaction at certain things, some of which I question. And when some models get their plastics redone for NO good reason, and drive the prices up because of the cost to tool a new mold, then it becomes even more detrimental to the hobby as a whole, especially since GW is having troubles financially as it is. I'll give you a great example:

Cold Ones. When the Dark Elves came out, they sculpted all new Cold Ones, as I'm sure all of you are aware. Not the skinny velociraptors of the previous edition, but hulking scary looking mounts that looked EXACTLY as their stats and rules described. However, the gaming community as a whole dubbed them Cow Ones and the like, and decided that a M7 model needed to look like it could outrun a M9 model. So in the fullness of time, we got the new Lizardmen Cold One. And a price hike.

Now before anyone lashes, I'm not against new models. Far from it, I'm all for new models, when it's justified. And trust me, I'm all for new plastics, as I detest pewter with a passion usually reserved for Holy Wars. Did they probably make a bad choice in the aesthetic of the new plastics coming out? Probably. Will getting them to change the mold wind up costing us as the consumer in the long run? Bet your crab fisted mohawk on it...

Oh, and on a side note. Anyone reading this that hates the old Cow Ones, send them to me, I'll make a nice home for them....

Pitalla Crimson
18-12-2007, 20:53
I prefer the current set of deamonettes and blood letters IMO, When new bloodletters are out I may have to convert mines with bestigors or beast of chaos.
But for the deamonettes I think I may get mines while I can tought I may not even use em.

seriously Deamonettes are supposed to be hot not crap looking :(

lokigod
18-12-2007, 20:53
hmm love them all, but im known for having 2 diffrent syles of each god in my mega army!

TheLionReturns
19-12-2007, 01:43
I like the new bloodletters. The new daemonettes aren't as good but not terrible either. To be honest I think daemonettes are probably the hardests models to make in the GW range anyway. They are meant to be seductive yet menacing. Slender yet powerful. Beautiful yet terrifying. The contradictions continue and sculpting a mini to fit all of these seems doomed to failure. Daemonettes are one of those ideas that sounds better in text. While nice looking sculpts the old daemonettes just lacked some menace to me, they looked a bit fragile. There also seemed a bit too much focus on the naked girls aspect of slaanesh. Slaanesh needs to convey excess and I expect a Slaanesh daemon to be a more horrific sight. Breasts aren't enough to convey slaanesh alone.

sabre4190
19-12-2007, 01:59
Well, the current daemons are amazing. Some of GWs best pieces of work. So, at the very least, I can still use those models. The new daemonettes are atrocious, but the current ones are stunningly gorgeous. Im not sure what to say about the new bloodletters. They look great, but I cant say which I like more. The new juggernaut is awesome. So, Ill give them a yay.