PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter the film... Mr bison

untimention
09-12-2007, 22:03
Its on ITV4 and i have to say Mr Bison looks just like commisar from IG

http://darkdiamond.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/raul-julia-bison.jpg

Grimtuff
09-12-2007, 22:26
Raul Julia was dying from cancer when filming that atrocity. He's now turning in his grave for everyone that praises this film.

Yes M (not Mr) Bison does looks like a Commissar, or rather the other way around.

Hellebore
09-12-2007, 23:34
Raul Julia was dying from cancer when filming that atrocity. He's now turning in his grave for everyone that praises this film.

Yes M (not Mr) Bison does looks like a Commissar, or rather the other way around.

What do you mean the other way around?

How old is Street Fighter?

Commissars and cadet commissars were around back in ~87-88...

Hellebore

DarkSoldier
10-12-2007, 04:37
Street Fighter II debuted in 1991, and the live-action film debuted in 1994.

Bubble Ghost
10-12-2007, 09:27
Bit of moot argument, isn't it? Both came after the Village People.

Dirty Fingers
10-12-2007, 19:55
I actually own this classic on VHS. Just a movie that's so bad that it's good. Always good for a laugh. Love how Blanka is just a guy painted green, as well as the fact that Jean Claude dispatches Bison simply by doing spin kick....after spin kick....after spin kick in true Van Damme style.

too bad Seagal wasn't in the flick. if he was, this movie would've broken the barometer of awesome.

oh yeah, and it's freaking weird how kylie minogue is in the movie. wtf?

superknijn
10-12-2007, 20:19
Love the film. Thiss film is just an amazing stereotype of itself.

Lardidar
11-12-2007, 12:44
As has been said, so bad its good.

Always good a laugh.

Corax
14-12-2007, 05:43
As a bit of incidental trivia, the names of the four 'boss' characters were rearranged when SFII was released outside Japan. The original arrangement of names was:

Boxer: M.Bison (as in Mike Bison, as in Mike Tyson...)
Guy with Mask and Claws: Balrog (as in the daemon from LotR?!)
Thai Boxer with Eyepatch: Sagat (as in... Sagat. The only one that stayed the same.)
Commisar Guy: Vega (was supposed to be a South American drug/crime lord)

The names were changed due to concerns about the M.Bison-Mike Tyson thing. I believe they were concerned that people would try to unlock a special 'ear biting' super if it was left as it was... :rolleyes:

Jellicoe
14-12-2007, 09:51
Any film that manages to include Van Damme. Kylie, Raul Julia and Simon Callow of all people has to be a classic. Just what was Simon Callow thinking of, did he actually read the 'script' beforehand?! RSC it is not

Geetarman
14-12-2007, 11:28
As a bit of incidental trivia, the names of the four 'boss' characters were rearranged when SFII was released outside Japan. The original arrangement of names was:

Boxer: M.Bison (as in Mike Bison, as in Mike Tyson...)
Guy with Mask and Claws: Balrog (as in the daemon from LotR?!)
Thai Boxer with Eyepatch: Sagat (as in... Sagat. The only one that stayed the same.)
Commisar Guy: Vega (was supposed to be a South American drug/crime lord)

The names were changed due to concerns about the M.Bison-Mike Tyson thing. I believe they were concerned that people would try to unlock a special 'ear biting' super if it was left as it was... :rolleyes:

The ear biting happened waaaay after the release of SFII outside japan etc, in fact I'm not even sure how famous mike tyson was at the time SF II was released...

Edit: - It was altered due to Tyson but only because they were concerned about being sued, at the time Tyson was one of the best boxers in the world and not yet infamous, so they were concerned his much larger profile would easily sway a courtroom.

Gman

Jomee
14-12-2007, 15:45
The ear biting happened waaaay after the release of SFII outside japan etc, in fact I'm not even sure how famous mike tyson was at the time SF II was released...

Edit: - It was altered due to Tyson but only because they were concerned about being sued, at the time Tyson was one of the best boxers in the world and not yet infamous, so they were concerned his much larger profile would easily sway a courtroom.

Gman

I saw something on another forum yesterday that fits this post perfectly

Senseofhumourville - population, not Geetarman.

:D