PDA

View Full Version : Emperor Fire Dragon

redbaron998
10-12-2007, 00:19
I was wondering if anyone has fought with/against a Emperor Fire Dragon, I was thinking one might be a decent addition to a 4000 pt list to make it 5000(since its cost is abuot all of it)

The only armies I see being able to have a chance to stop it before it starts causing major damage would be Cannon heavy Empire and Dwarfs.

Even Bolt throwers are rendered almost ineffective by its High T. and AS.

The difficulty of using it being of course, that you need to make it worth about its points, and with points that high, it could be pretty difficult.

So has anyone had any experinces with it?

Kindred of Talu
10-01-2008, 11:15
Just looked at the dragon at forge world, its big, really big, and to boost your force from 4k to 5k it would be a good option, but do you really want to have the last 1000 points of your army to be he main focus of the enemy forces. Though this may sound like a doubtful answer, i say get it, there is no lose in trying it out as it is worth the points it costs, it have higher toughness then any bow can damage, and wounds to outlast a bloodthirster, plus its scaly skin save of 2+ means it is formidable against most low strength weapons, it would be a good attention grabber for your force as your opponent will be focused on killing that monster before it begins his rampage on their lines. well theres my 2 cents

theunwantedbeing
10-01-2008, 11:23
Unless your opponent has something that can deal with it...using it isnt particularly fair.
You need to be at least st5 to stand even the most remote chance of wounding the thing (or have poisoned attacks).

Only 10 wounds at least.

You can fit 2 of them into a 2,200pt HE army.

crazywhiteboydance
10-01-2008, 13:09
No AS from a bolt thrower, unless it has some special rule?

Godgolden
10-01-2008, 23:50
Bretonian with dragon killing blow :) had some games and it was a right laugh, also a skaven character with a TRICKED out dagger gave some love before killing himself.

DarkTerror
11-01-2008, 05:06
I've read many battle reports about facing it, and all I have to say to you is this:

Don't buy it.

People hate fighting it, it's simply TOO powerful. Sure, it's a lot of points, but that's not the issue. It just requires too much to kill. Most normal things don't even stand a chance. Ever.

Pretty much every unit in the Warhammer world can be killed by something in your opponents army. However, if you play with this model, that's not true. If you play a Beasts of Chaos army, there is no chance that you will die. It's an auto-win.

I've never heard from ONE single person who's said "Oh, it wasn't that bad facing the Emperor Fire Dragon". You're going to hear "CHEESE!" from nearly all of your opponents, and for good reason as I said above. It's difficult or impossible to beat because it's stats are too high.