PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a Chaos Army set?

Ianos
10-12-2007, 08:35
Ok ladies and gents... For over two weeks now i have a Chaos army set at hand along with a Codex, the whole package goes over 200 euro here in Athens and i simply earned it for my performance in a tournament. Noted that the all prizes came directly from GW and all of us who played where very happy to see such a nice donation arranged, thanks a bunch Games Workshop!:)

So on to the topic, i don't know what to do with it...:eek: i am a dedicated Eldar player who when started was seriously tempted by chaos especially on the modeling aspect. My Eldar have a lot of black and gold if that rings a bell, so the temptation is high. BUT:

1) The army set does not look so viable although there can be additions to it so it can become competitive too.
2) I have a couple of ideas on the new Chaos but not many and very good.
3) The most important part: I am a firm believer of MEQ spamming=Imbalance and all the good cries of cheese and all that joy forums are filled with. I also happen to know that every kid and their mothers own some MEQ and i would hate to join them. Its like an ideology, something like "real men don't need 3+ saves!", plus a million crutches to win and then yell at some poor Eldar player for having grav tanks:p

I told everyone i know i am selling it but there is no response yet? Any ideas?

P.S. Sorry if i posted in the wrong section.
P.S.2. Thanks in advance for your help!

Gen.Steiner
10-12-2007, 08:38
Keep it. Go Powered Armour, worship Slaanesh, and threaten your Eldar with having their souls eaten... :evilgrin:

adreal
10-12-2007, 10:43
You can make the army set effective, possessed can be used for aspiring champions/icon bearers (It's what I've done) Beserkers can be made as regular marines (albiet running ones) which should give your 28 basic marines, and two icon bearer arms so 2 units of 4 or whatever you want.

As you want to sell, you could try ebay, or just offer to sell every squad seperatly, the termie lord would be in high demand mainly for the awesome lightning claws, the possessed also for the wings, aspiring champion upgrade sprue for the icon bearer arms.

Or you vcould make a chaos army as a nice change for something different to paint.....it didn't cost you anything so...

Rick_1138
10-12-2007, 12:16
Come to Slaneesh, you know you want to...you could sacrifice you eldar at the alter of worship and get instant deamon hood!

Emperors Children FTW!!

Helm
10-12-2007, 12:31
Stay loyal, my friend. I bought 'Nids after Eldar, and stopper after 1,500 point-mindless evil is fun, but not that fun. Then it was Daemonhunters-like you, I couldn't stand the thought of basic T4, 3+ saves and so I went for the most elite Marines I could to avoid the typical basic Marine army. Now I'm getting Dark Angels to help me win some games with the 'Hunters. (I always wanted Dark Angels, now the'yre plastic I can afford them too ;) )
My point is: you shouldn't deviate, 'cos once you start, it can be hard to stop. If you can't use the set as a standalone army, then sell it and use the money for something more solid.

Like a few of those grav-tanks you mentioned?

EVIL INC
10-12-2007, 23:34
Offhand, I would keep it myself "just to have" and add to it. Although, I see your point. I have been playing chaos since it's inception and have always wanted a non-meq army. I had built an eldar army but made the mistake of having someone else paint it for me and ended up trading it in disgust for more marines, I will convert to chaos.
Ever use tip-boards? You have a board full of pull off "tips". Sell them for a doller each (ideally there will be $200 or more tips to pull) When you have sold your last one, give the prize to the winner and keep the proceeds. It might take a little while to sell them all, but you can bet they WILL get sold. Just get contact info for anyone who gets a "keeper" on it so that you can contact them to let them know who won afterwards. It is always good to let all who had keepers know when it goes off and make sure you have witnesses for when you unveil what the winning number is.

centy
10-12-2007, 23:39
LOL you can always just send it to me.
Failing that ask your local gw store if they will trade it for something you do want.
If you are wanting to make money then paint them to a good standard and sell them on ebay as painted unit or army. (this only works if they look realy good)