PDA

View Full Version : Discounts and vouchers!!!!!

punkrox
10-12-2007, 16:12
ive been reading the forums and have been noticing that some people moan about Gw's lack of discount or getting vouchers for spending over a certan amount.
this got me thinking should gw have a loyalty card sceme like necter, tesco etc so that u can for use your points on money off\freebies\special card holders only offers etc or should they bring back the army cards which got stamp for the units\ heros bought then once youve got a full card u get ur freebie.

im not trying to moan about gw prices or promtions or have ago at people who complain. i just think they must be a better way of rewarding loyal custmers who shop with them and encourage to use them rather then an inde store,

thoughts plz.

Permanganate
10-12-2007, 19:14
Vouchers and schemes like this are not free. You pay on all items and/or it squeezes the company's costs (so they don't replace the ratty carpet in your local GW).

Also, companies use them to encourage return sales - but most GW customers will come back and buy stuff anyway, because they need to make a whole army.

silence
10-12-2007, 19:16
Loyalty cards are used by companies with competion with high street presence. GW has no major competion so no need for a loyalty voucher scheme.

Having said that, the skullz promotion was quite good, and the army cards where useful.

ankara halla
10-12-2007, 19:59
Loyalty cards are used by companies with competion with high street presence. GW has no major competion so no need for a loyalty voucher scheme.

Indeed, and their rocketing sales figures for the past five years stand testament to that!

RavenMorpheus
10-12-2007, 22:11
ive been reading the forums and have been noticing that some people moan about Gw's lack of discount or getting vouchers for spending over a certan amount.
this got me thinking should gw have a loyalty card sceme like necter, tesco etc so that u can for use your points on money off\freebies\special card holders only offers etc or should they bring back the army cards which got stamp for the units\ heros bought then once youve got a full card u get ur freebie.

im not trying to moan about gw prices or promtions or have ago at people who complain. i just think they must be a better way of rewarding loyal custmers who shop with them and encourage to use them rather then an inde store,

thoughts plz.

No instead of doing that they should drop their prices here in the UK to something similar to that which the US and other lower cost countries pay, that'd encourage people to stop shopping at indies, afaik we in the UK pay the most for GW goods, but then that applies to everything over here I suppose :rolleyes:

EDIT: I misspelled countries, left the o out and it * it :wtf:

silence
10-12-2007, 22:48
Indeed, and their rocketing sales figures for the past five years stand testament to that!

Most, not all people, who buy GW products do so from a GW store rather than an independant. I'd love to see a store loyalty card, and think that the vouchers mentioned in the other thread on this topic are excellent.

But as for an actual card I doubt it, no matter how bad there sales are. People who are leaving either the wargaming hobby or are moving onto other games are unlikely to continue with GW because of a points scheme.

untimention
10-12-2007, 22:51
this has all been talked about before and the best idea is a revamp of the skullz promo

ankara halla
10-12-2007, 22:58
@silence

Nevertheless they are still selling less and less each year.
And while a sale thru an independant source is not a loss, it would still do GW good to re-evaluate their market position (especially when it comes to competetition and the biggest competition isn't other miniature manufacturers...) and perhaps, try something different than the strategy they've been at for years that has done little else but driven customers to greener pastures.

And since they can't cut their prices directly, a loyality program might certainly be worthy of consideration.

RavenMorpheus
10-12-2007, 23:40
Yes a loyalty scheme might be a good idea if they can't diretly drop prices like they should be doing, but most loyalty schemes don't give you jack - you have to spend megabucks to get anything that's actually worth having the card for.

Nephilim of Sin
11-12-2007, 00:02
Most, not all people, who buy GW products do so from a GW store rather than an independant. I'd love to see a store loyalty card, and think that the vouchers mentioned in the other thread on this topic are excellent.

But as for an actual card I doubt it, no matter how bad there sales are. People who are leaving either the wargaming hobby or are moving onto other games are unlikely to continue with GW because of a points scheme.

Really? Must be nice. I have lived all over the continental U.S., and have bought from a GW Store once. When I was in Seattle, visiting. That is thirteen years of travel right there. I know you said most, and maybe that is how it is across the ocean, but in the states it is not that easy to get to a GW store. My nearest one is six to eight hours away. It has always been that way, no matter where I have lived. That also means all of those other gamers around me, in big cities, did not buy from GW stores. Perhaps the occassional Online purchase, but we were lucky to have Indy's within a 20 minute drive.

As for the card system, painting and collecting an army to get a free codex is horrid. That is a slap in the face, really. (Taken from the example that was done). There is no reason not to offer something like this (or skullz, or all the promotions that went on during skullz). I remember offers in the White Dwarf; buy two regiments, get one free! That was awesome. Now days, I would be happy with a card that said "Buy five regiments, get one free!".

Crazy Harborc
11-12-2007, 00:24
Um, I think in the USA, the indie stores are still where the majority of GW players buy their stuff. Heck there is not even 100 GW stores in the USA yet. The population is about 350 million now. GW has less than 100 stores covering the whole area of the USA. GW's direct sales numbers are down over here. IMHO, the people buying GW are still buying from indies.

fwacho
11-12-2007, 07:03
actually I buy from on-line as I don't play at the indie, but rather at home. I wouldnt' even consider buying from GW at full price. It's barely worth it at 20% off, no sales tax and free shipping. I have limited budget though so this is understandable. to get me inside a GW store they would have to offer a mimum of 20% off of current prices. keep in mind sales tax here 8.25% so that's really only about 12% off.

(taxes matter. this is really why on-line places are so much more attactive. particularly with free shipping.) Of course this makes volume a bigger issue for ehtose stores as that is where porfit is realized. (shame GW hasn't realized the power of sales volume.)