PDA

View Full Version : Tau and Eldar in Inquisitor Scale

LightedDark
10-12-2007, 20:03
Hi I would be interested in find out a few things from Inquisitor scale. This is modeling purpose. Please move this if it's the this the wrong forum please feel free to move but please PM me.

Anyway I was wondering if there is a Inquisitor scale Farseer and Tau Commander. Barring that suggestions on model to use for conversion.

Thanks

talos935
10-12-2007, 23:13
There is no model for either characters.

For a Farseer you would probablies have to scratch build one using parts from eldar titans and bfg.

For a Tau commander [I assume a Crisis suit] you might have to build it out of plasticard, possibly borrowing parts off bfg ships

precinctomega
11-12-2007, 06:40
I've seen Farseer conversions based on Covenant, Nagash, the Avatar of Khaine, Jena Orechiel and the Navigator.

If you want a Tau commander out of his crisis suit, there's a Water Caste model. Physically, far too thin but he does have a separate head (actually a selection of heads, IIRC). However, this model is OOP and even the independent stockists are running out. I recently tried to get one from the US, but stocks were gone.

Expect prices for this model on eBay to start sky-rocketing!

R.

kaled
11-12-2007, 19:12
If you want a Tau commander out of his crisis suit, there's a Water Caste model. Physically, far too thin but he does have a separate head (actually a selection of heads, IIRC). I used a modified Water Caste head on an Eversor model for this (http://www.kaled100.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/silent_hunter.JPG) model which I use as a sort of Tau Splinter Cell-style operative from the Fire Caste. I've also seen a Water Caste head used on (I think) a converted Dorian Black body. You could easily do something similar to make a Tau Commander - you'd have to sculpt his feet and hands, but that's not as difficult as it sounds.

precinctomega
12-12-2007, 12:22
Not for you, maybe...

R.

kaled
12-12-2007, 12:50
Not for you, maybe...The hands were actually very easy - I used some plastic Ork hands, scraped off the fingers (but left the thumb) and just used a few sausages of greenstuff for the new fingers.

I admit the feet were rather more tricky, but they look more difficult than they actually are. I wonder... as Tau wear boots shaped like hooves would it be possible to use hooves from a horse or something as a base? Might be easier than sculpting them from scratch.

precinctomega
13-12-2007, 13:56
Technically, they have three toes and what seems to be a dew-claw, although the toes are often mistaken for a hoof because they fit inside a hoof-shaped boot (I know this is what kaled was driving at). This ought to mean that their boots are wider and flatter than a horse's hoof.

R.

Magos Explorator
20-12-2007, 00:38
I've seen Farseer conversions based on Covenant, Nagash, the Avatar of Khaine, Jena Orechiel and the Navigator.

I made a Warlock/Farseer out of Covenant's legs and the Avatar's body and arms. The head was from the wood elf king Orion, minus his antlers. I used a 40k shuriken catapult as a shuriken pistol, and the whole thing worked quite well.

I used bits of Nagash, actually, for a Chaos demagogue (Nurgle)--not his head, though.

Ancelyn1331
21-12-2007, 16:23
http://www.coolminiornot.com/163999
Conversion and GS seems to be the way to go for the Tau. Plenty of elfish figures on the www. Try Historex or Andrea or...

sagittar slaith
16-02-2008, 16:53
that is pretty sweet!

LightedDark
14-03-2008, 04:37
Thanks for all the suggestions. I end up using the Eldar Ranger and Female Inquisitor head. As my Farseer use to be a ranger. As the Tau I started with the Judge's body and the Eldar head but my friend took that one over while I work on the Farseer.