PDA

View Full Version : How I imagine the Emperor

Captain Stern
10-12-2007, 19:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YRGIsTo72U

A master of both magic and technology
A being equal in power to a supernatural god
The undisputed genetic leader of his people
An impossibly wise manner and voice, with the suggestion of terrible power under the surface
An implacable enemy
All enduring
No matter what happens or how many aeons pass, he is still the shaman of humanity.

Industrial Propaganda
10-12-2007, 22:30
How I imagine the Emperor ?

A rotting dead body sitting on a throne.

Drogmir
10-12-2007, 22:32
I think it's a poem.

From a diction standpoint I think he's a really really old/dead guy with a mind that wanders free while his spirit is in the warp trying to find a host body for the Star Child.

Kage2020
10-12-2007, 22:52
I posted a thread about how I viewed the Emperor a while back, which essentially linked the interpretation to a specific "theme." Thus, for me, the Emperor was The Scientest pre-Incarceration, and many things post incarceration: The Child, the Husk and The Twin. The non-Warseer version can be found over at the Anargo Sector Project here (http://forum.anargo-sector.net/viewtopic.php?t=381).

Kage

DantesInferno
10-12-2007, 23:14
An impossibly wise manner and voice, with the suggestion of terrible power under the surface
An implacable enemy
All enduring
No matter what happens or how many aeons pass, he is still the shaman of humanity.

I find this approach a bit difficult to reconcile with what actually happened: half his generals taking up arms against him; his regime lasting a few hundred years before utterly collapsing into a galactic civil war which left humanity's homeworld in ruins; the Emperor himself mortally wounded and incarcerated in a life-support device.

Galactic stability was only achieved when Guilliman set up the Imperium in the form which then lasted for 10 000 years. Ironically enough, the post-Heresy Imperium managed to survive by being the exact opposite of what the Emperor, when he was alive, wanted....

DartzIRL
10-12-2007, 23:31
Wow...Emperor Bravestarr..... weird doesn't cover this heretic. Get my purified flamer please acolyte, the propane powered one? This is one Heretic that requires quick, clean and efficient purging.

vampires are cool!
10-12-2007, 23:33
Bravestarr! Arrrrrrrrrgh! For the ******* win! I haven't seen that for years. Best thing ever!

Tyron
11-12-2007, 00:09
DantesInferno, that's the point, no atter how powerful he is he was still a man and that was the tragedy of his story.

Clockwork-Knight
11-12-2007, 03:06
A little bit plot-induced stupidity always helps to make the entire story possible. :D

Nazguire
11-12-2007, 03:38
DantesInferno, that's the point, no atter how powerful he is he was still a man and that was the tragedy of his story.

That's the point that DantesInferno is making. While Stern is saying that the Emperor is basically an infallible God (or appearing to at any rate) there is too much evidence that points to that the Emperor is:

-Immensely powerful, very wise and intelligent etc but still prone to bouts of arrogance, ignorance and general stupidity, just like Mankind.

Champsguy
12-12-2007, 06:09
I like to think of the Emperor like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!

Supremearchmarshal
12-12-2007, 12:51
An implacable enemy
All enduring

That sounds a lot like Chuck Norris...

Captain Stern
12-12-2007, 13:12
While Stern is saying that the Emperor is basically an infallible God (or appearing to at any rate)

That's not what I was saying at all. I was saying that I picture him as being a lot like the shaman in bravestarr, only much more powerful.

bouts of arrogance, ignorance and general stupidity, just like Mankind.

Only in the dire Index Astartes.

Slazton
12-12-2007, 13:21
I tend to view the Emperor knew what he was doing. He knew to Ascend he had to create an Imperium that would ultimately lead to him being murked by his Sons. He had an idea of this and thus lead himself into his own self destruction.

He was no mere fool and thats why he sent Russ to Magnus. He needed to cause the Horus Hersey. He needed it to filter in and destroy them all so when he was ready he could Ascend into the Warp, eat the Chaos Gods and absorb them into himself and then become the God of Humanity. Its a road to Power thats paved with treachary.

In my mind, he's selfish and Horus was right to take up arms against Him, but I'll leave that for another theory.

The Emperor is the Emperor-God and when the End Times come, he will be ready. In my mind, the End Times will see the destruction of the Beacon (can't spell its real name sorry) and with this psychic beacon destroyed, the Emperor's Soul will be released. Its all one huge chess match and even in the Eye of Terror book (old 2nd edition novel) saw that one of Tzenetch's First Greater Daemons reconising the power behind the Emperor and the Emperor's own Foresight.

In my mind, for a Tzeentch Greater Daemon (back before Daemon Princes were the bread and butter) to go: Hey Empy, ya bo, ya gots some l33t skills; well thats enough to show that the Emperor was looking at the long haul.

Plus we wouldn't have a cool background and thats what the Emperor really did. In the Grim darkness of 40K there are only shareholders.