PDA

View Full Version : 2 WE border Patrols - for doubles next year

Reinnon
18-09-2005, 11:41
hi there

me and my bro are thinking of entering the warhammer world doubles tournie next year.

as we are both starting elven armies we have decided to take these, i'm doing wood elves he's doing high elves.

so, atm i'm concerned with putting together a working WE army, here are some points we have decided upon from our last experience:

1) magic: last time we went we took a chaos warrior army with a sorcerer (me) and a beasts army led by a wargor (my brother), and we discovered that magic was the way to go as the wargor sucked tbh, and everyone told us that 2 wizards are best.

2) shooting: as WE are good at shooting we are planning on taking a bolt thrower in the HE and i've been tasked with getting a few glade guard in.

3) close combat: clearly we need a punch, but as our units are fairly expensive we decided that 2 small units of spearman and eternal guard wouldn't do much, so we went for dyrads and cav in the HE force (reavers/silver helms).

so, heres 2 lists for my WE to fit this mould:

Heroes

Spellsinger: lvl 2

Total: 125

Core

10 Glade Guard: musician

Total: 126

8 dyrads: branch nymph

Total: 108

Total: 500

or:

Heroes

Spellsinger: lamination of dispair

Total: 115

Core

10 Dyrads: branch nymph

Total: 132

Total: 500

the second list has 2 more dyrads and a sniper sprite to take care of ratling guns or other wizards

thoughts?

Wreckage
18-09-2005, 12:39
Musicians are rather worthless.

I would rather have another Dryad than upgrade one to a Nymph. (Same cost)

I recommend "Pageant of Shrikes" as a sniper sprite.