PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question on HtH

hereticdave
11-12-2007, 17:41
Sorry guys this is pretty dumb but i can't for the life of me find it in the rulebook.:confused::mad:

How do i cater for strength based attacks? Either for someone fighting with fists/bionic limbs etc or 'gribblies' like Cyberdog, NGM Rats and the like that just have a strength line? The HtH rules seem to cater for only attacks with a weapon.

What about modifiers in using your fists or whatever?

Any help is much appreciated :chrome:

hereticdave
11-12-2007, 17:43
I should add i read the section on p36 about unarmed combat but this didn't seem to cover it at all other than saying those attacks were Reach 0 [which seems fairly obvious]

different13
11-12-2007, 19:15
Heh, I just noticed that (that there was no specific damage value for unarmed attacks)

I always treat them as D3 (plus strength bonus)

Cos Knuckle Dusters and Armoured Gauntlets say As Unarmed +3 / +4, and D3 plus those values (plus strength bonus) looks like it makes sense..

So in the case of a S100 character you'll be doing D3 +5 (though I'd count bionic hands as armoured gauntlets, so make that D3 +9)

kaled
11-12-2007, 19:33
You need page 46 of the rulebook (or page 38 of the LRB) for the damage for unarmed attacks;

'Unarmed close combat attacks inflict D3+1 plus damage for additional Strength as noted above. Improvised weapons do D3+2 damage, plus the Strength bonus.'

hereticdave
11-12-2007, 21:32
...and here's me thinking it'd be in the Close Combat section - thanks different and kaled!

precinctomega
12-12-2007, 11:23
Look at Kaled, answering a rules question! All that gaming last Saturday obviously went to your head, boyo.

R.

kaled
12-12-2007, 11:29
Look at Kaled, answering a rules question! All that gaming last Saturday obviously went to your head, boyo.Are you impressed?!

The annoying thing is that I can remember most of the rules when I'm not under pressure - as soon as I'm playing a game I forget half of them!

sagittar slaith
16-02-2008, 09:20
dont we all...