PDA

View Full Version : Goblin players, look in here! I've got questions, you've got answers!

Anointed_By_Filth
12-12-2007, 13:17
Alright, so, as anyone who's read a thread I've posted in knows, I play a night goblin army. I've been playing this army since the new army book was released and I've been playing fantasy since, well, the same time. So, I'm kind of new to this game, I enjoy it, and against certain armies I win. (Mainly other diminutive races...skaven really.) The one thing I'm having a hard time with though is equipping my warboss/big boss. What are typical magic items that you guys take with your combat oriented character? And why not throw in your typical BSB and great shaman/shaman magic gear in there too?

Dwarf Longbeard
13-12-2007, 14:29
If you don't mind spending a lot of points on your warboss, my regular orc & goblin opponent finds this combination quite effective on his orc warboss: -
martog's best basha
bigged's kickin boots
enchanted shield
warboss umm's best boss 'at

The basha and kickin boots give his stats a nice boost and he's able to put up a good fight against most things
Sat on a boar with the enchanted shield and light armour gives him a 2+ armour save and the boss 'at provides the ward save so he's quite protected and a good fighter as well, trust me he's given my dwarves enough nightmares :D
I'd imagine that the same combination on a night goblin would be pretty good as well just not in the armour save area

Anyway hope I've helped

Tarkon
13-12-2007, 14:51
As a Night Goblin player, you would want a Night Goblin Warboss as a general - not for his great Leadership abilities, but just because it's supposed to be that way :) I have some Night Goblins at home which I was planning to build out to a real army. The list in mind featured a Warboss like this (similar to Longbeard's orc warboss):

Night Warboss
-Martog's Best Basha
-Enchanted Shield
-Warboss Umm's Best Big Boss's 'At
-Bigged's Kickin' Boots
-Light Armour

WS6, S5, I6, A5 and 3+ Sv in close combat. That's not to bad for a Goblin ey :) just back him up with as much Gobbos as possible. But don't put him on a Squig...his Ld is low, but it's still the highest in your army, you want to have him on places of your choosing.

Urgat
13-12-2007, 17:49
My boss usually has, well, no magic combat items. I don't want him in combat, I want him to run around and lend his Ld, or any boosts he can give (the horn with the bound spell, stuff like that).

Shamans? Staff of sneaky stealin' on one, and sometimes a dispell scroll or two if I have the spare points.

Lorcryst
13-12-2007, 18:01
BSB : light armour + Rowdy Grott's Big Red Raggedy Banner on a NG Big Boss, 107 points, I won't leave home without it in my NG horde.

My latest NG Warboss was kitted like this :

- Light Armour
- Spiteful Shield
- Martog's Best Basha
- Warboss Um's Best Boss 'At
- Nibbla's Itty Ring

148 points, some nice combat stats, a ward save, a bound spell and a nasty surprise in challenges, I quite like it ...

Crazy Harborc
14-12-2007, 00:55
I wuss out when it comes to my Warboss/lord/general for a mostly gobbo army. It's a BO, most of the time without magic weapons. Armed to da teef works well. I use those points for more spider riders or wolfies.:D

warlord hack'a
14-12-2007, 10:15
there's a load of sneaky, cheap and still effective weapons available to (night) goblins, try one of those, e.g. wollopa's one hit wunda, lucky's dirk etc.