PDA

View Full Version : VERY Strange Fluff I've read on the Lexicanum

Apollyon
13-12-2007, 14:33
Got this from the Lexicanum in the Dark Angels entry.

"
The Rogue

Being the oldest legion, the Dark Angels have given humanity many of its greatest heroes, and some of its greatest villains. The most often heard about heretic Dark Angel is Cypher. But there are others besides just him and the Fallen. Shortly after the Horus Heresy and the split of Cypher and his fallen Marines, an enigma named The Truth Bringers (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=The_Truth_Bringers&action=edit) rebelled, led by a Dreadnought (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Dreadnought) named Cerberus (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Cerberus&action=edit). The split was done in secrecy by The Truth Bringers, to minimize violence against the Dark Angels. The Truth Bringers wished to leave peacefully, and the Dark Angels saw this as Heresy, not unlike what the fallen had done. A fierce battle ensued upon The Rock (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/The_Rock), ending with most of The Bringers lying dead, but some escaping on the boarded Battle Barge (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Battle_Barge) God's Hand (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=God%27s_Hand&action=edit) and warping to a untraceable location. This infuriated the Dark Angels, as The Truth Bringers had rebelled with a great portion of the Deathwing Terminator (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Terminator) company.
Since then, Cerberus (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Cerberus&action=edit), known now as The Rogue (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=The_Rogue&action=edit), and his followers have been seen attacking both Imperial forces, as well as aliens and heretics. They attack with little direction, or preference for target. It is also noted that no Truth Bringers (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Truth_Bringers&action=edit) incursion has lasted beyond twenty four Terran hours.
Beyond that, little is known about these heretics. Their tactics, recruiting and training strategies, and their philosophy remain unknown. It is known though, that the refer to the Imperium of Man as the 'Great Ignorance.' "

I've be a DA player since the RT days and never heard this before where does this come from? Is it fanfiction?

leo_neil316
13-12-2007, 14:39
It seems kinda...... off kilter doesn't it?

I mean, some dark angels going traitor after the fall, sure, why not.

But...... if most of the deathwing (the guys who know about the fall and are tasked with bringing the fallen back) went rogue then how would the dark angels still have their full companies worth of terminator suits?

And a bunch of marines deciding that they don't want to belong to their particular chapter anymore and want to go off and do something else is also a bit.... strange.

Preacher
13-12-2007, 14:43
I agree with leo, SM don't seem like the honorable discharge type of guys.

Apollyon
13-12-2007, 14:44
That's why I think it's fanfic.

Kandarin
13-12-2007, 14:46
It's someone's personal army fluff. It has all the standard cliches: A Marine force independent of the Imperium but not turned to Chaos, flawless attacks with a standard callsign, and the easy defeat of a popular army.

Lexicanum is a wiki for a reason; Wipe this material off.

Richter Kless
13-12-2007, 16:25
Space Marines who want to live peacefully?

This nonsense should be wiped of Lexicanum right away, before start thinking this is canon or something.

GR_Zombie
13-12-2007, 17:41
Sounds to me like someone stuck their homebrew's fluff in the DA's article. What a chump.

Slazton
13-12-2007, 18:02
Sounds like a sneak attack of placing their own fan fiction. This type of fluff would have been in the Dark Angels own Codex as it would be another slgiht of the Fallen and another Unforgiven sin they have to seek repemdemption for.

It does not add up. Also why would a Dreadnought turn from its Chapter? Rarely does a Dreadnought turn away from the Chapter as its the Chapter it now serves even in death.....

Super Ninja
13-12-2007, 18:11
I concur, this is probably fan fiction, i would have heard about it by now if it was actual cannon. But who would be dumb enough to put fan fic on lexicanium? ....Duh, a nine year old. silly me.:D

Eisen
13-12-2007, 18:42
... So, rather than complain about it, why not revert it or just wipe the section, since we've fairly thoroughly established that it's not worthy of inclusion?

Death Before Dishonour
13-12-2007, 18:57
well I quite like the idea of a dreadnought leading part of a chapter in a different direction, quite a cool idea. However I concur that this is incredibly unlikely with the dark angels chapter and I have never heard of it before. So either its really old fluff or some bugger had added it for a laugh
:D

Inquisitor Engel
13-12-2007, 20:24
Why in the Emperor's name would any ship in the Imperium be called "God's Hand?"

It doesn't make sense. The Emperor is A god (lowercase g), he is THE EMPEROR, not "God."

Slazton
13-12-2007, 20:56
Why in the Emperor's name would any ship in the Imperium be called "God's Hand?"

It doesn't make sense. The Emperor is A god (lowercase g), he is THE EMPEROR, not "God."

Good point, plus wouldn't the Dark Angels name their battle barge something cheesy and seriously, how would they gain a battle barge? Wouldn't they have a Strike Cruiser if anything?

This is just seems like a waste of time and space if anything.

The fact no one is backing it up is also of no surprise. It also states the tactical dreadnought armour was stolen, er...I bet maybe one or two of the First Companies has been damaged beyond repair and reforged, but its highly unlikely if any of the Terminator armour has run off.

As for a Dreadnought, its highly unlikely for a Dreadnough to turn traitor in my opinion. The Marine was a Hero of the Chapter and for him to be enturned into the Holy Dreadnought Armour, he is a living Icon of the Chapter's Strength. Not saying it could not happen, but I seriously doubt a Dreadnought would lead parts of a Chapter into a peaceful solution and go renegade. The Dark Angels would hunt it down and kill it.

Heck in my Renegade army, they stole a Dark Angel's Dreadnought (been playing my mate's army for some time now) and everytime we fight, his army treats the Dreadnought like one of the Fallen. It makes great fan fiction.

That is exactly what this is, fan fiction. Also it does not explain why they rebelled or even turned on the other Dark Angels, its just so poorly defined.

Apollyon
13-12-2007, 21:10
Ok I registered at Lexicanum and deleted it. :) It's only a bad memory now (like space Slann ;) )

Eisen
13-12-2007, 21:16
Appreciated; I went so far as to register, but got lost in Lexicanum.

javgoro
14-12-2007, 00:39
It is good that these traces of heresy have been cleansed from Imperial records. ;)

Quentin
14-12-2007, 00:52
It is good that these traces of heresy have been cleansed from Imperial records. ;)

An act of perversion of Imperial Records attempted by the traitorous Alpha Legion perhaps! They are notorious for desecrating Imperial archives and reports created by the noble and tireless scribes of the Administratum.

This heinous crime must have had the aim of discrediting the valiant Dark Angels of the Adeptus Astartes! To hear that it has been purged is good news.

HiveFleetEzekial
14-12-2007, 00:55
Was just about to do the same thing myself.. :skull:

And it *was* someone's fan fiction. Some person(playing nice) over on B&C made these guys up. (or was it 40konline? I know I saw them posting their rough drafts and ideas)

Deus Mechanicus
14-12-2007, 10:37

So THAT'S what happened to Legion II and IX :eek:

LexxBomb
18-12-2007, 11:52
just gone through all the DA stories I have seen Black Library publish since 1999 and I cant find any trace of what you said. there was one Dreadnaught character though the Angel of Blades.

LittleLeadMen
18-12-2007, 12:20
This is why people shouldn't waste their time with fan fiction or even sites like Lexicanum. Just read the actual books.

You can still buy most of the ones out there, and there are less scrupulous ways to get copies out there as well.

The Warmaster
18-12-2007, 12:26
So THAT'S what happened to Legion II and IX :eek:

Yes, they were bad fan-fiction that had to be expunged for blighting Imperial records.

- N.

Kriegstreiber
18-12-2007, 22:24
I know the real name of the traitor dreadnought ........................... it`s Chuck Norris with his renegade Texas Space Rangers. :p

Drasanil
19-12-2007, 00:00
it`s Chuck Norris with his renegade Texas Space Rangers. :p

Pfsh! Everyone knows Chuck Norris is too well 'ard to go rogue, the chaos gods answer to him:D

Slazton
19-12-2007, 00:44
Everyone hop aboard. This thread is going to the Wastes

Inquisitor S.
21-12-2007, 18:54
This is why people shouldn't waste their time with fan fiction or even sites like Lexicanum.

Fan-work like the one in your signature?

Brother Siccarius
21-12-2007, 22:11
Perhaps it would be better just to enforce more of the rules for the Lexicanum, as just browsing through it I spotted a few fan-fic or rather "opinionated" readings of the written fluff.

PS, I planted my name on a random page in there, and I'm willing to bet it still hasn't been found or removed.;)

Inquisitor S.
21-12-2007, 22:35
PS, I planted my name on a random page in there, and I'm willing to bet it still hasn't been found or removed.

And by this planned vandalism you want to achieve what?

LittleLeadMen
22-12-2007, 00:18
Fan-work like the one in your signature?

There's a very big difference between printing up a colorful army list and keeping it as a printed record with my army, or even on a photobucket account, and printing mixed in with official fluff on a "comprehensive" fluff website/repository. You'll notice that I haven't posted anything other than my army list as a PDF fluff piece. I haven't posted in a forum or manner that would confuse others as to the official GW backstory.

I don't make any claims that my army's personal fluff is official. I don't distribute it as such. I don't pontificate that my personal armiy's background is anything other than that- a personal army list with minor background info. I also have restricted my choices to only listing things about my imaginary guard army/unit. I haven't made any claims or changes to the GW fluff/canon as a whole (Ie, space marines are really eldar, or any other such similar nonsense.) Everything within my army's backstory is well within the established GW universe and presented solely as a documentation of the modeling project.

There's a world of difference between the two- Even you should be able to figure that out.

As for the quote- it specifically relates to the fact that it's generally a waste of time to get "official" GW universe fluff from a website like that, rather than simply read the actual books. Go straight to the source.

Brother Siccarius
22-12-2007, 02:26
And by this planned vandalism you want to achieve what?

Vandalism? Not at all, I just put my name discreetly in there. Much like the earliest hackers, my only point is to prove that there's little to nothing actually checking what's put in the Lexicanum, not for vandalism. But by mentioning it, it gets you to go back through what's actually being put on the site and look at it. That is the reason why it's inherently flawed because you can never be sure about what's actually written on there. Is a certain item in there an actual bit of written fluff, a fan-fic, or a one sided view of the fact? Some people or programs just need to actually look around at what's being put on there and do some fact checking if you plan on calling it anything other than a resting place for fan fiction.

MutantMaggot
22-12-2007, 08:49
Everyone hop aboard. This thread is going to the Wastes

Doesn't that mean we no longer will have access? How can you access the wastes?

Anyway, I'm inclined to say that this is not only a horrific editing, but a very flawed piece of fan fiction. It's obvious the poster in question has the mental age of a nine-year-old. I'm surprised it survived the fluff nazis at the B&C ...

(Sorry to seem harsh, these things just annoy me. If you want to advertise your fluff, make an army with it, and game with them ...)