-Spears
-Emcrii rides in this Chariot

Shadow Riders of Grieth Karond - Dark Riders x 5
-Musician

-Musician

-Musician

The size: I want this list to be a 1500 point list and I need it to be fully mounted (maybe with the slight exception of Shades). S'rith needs a magic weapon of some sort and I was thinking of the Blade of Spite.

The Colour: My colour scheme will be (still on the theory part of this army, with the exception of eight Dark Riders and a Cold One mount) heavy gold armour, chesnut inked and dark green Cold Ones. The Banner will have S'riths name on it and a ghost or something on it.

The tactics: All three Dark Rider units will try to bait and flee to set up charges for the heavy stuff. The formation will be something like this:

DDDDD.........DDDDD...........DDDDD

CCCCC COKCOKCOKCOKCOK CCCCC

Or, in some cases, the DR will flank and Warmachine Hunt. I am hoping one mighty charge from the Knights will break most frontline units and with the softening of magic (preferably Domination if Dark Magic is used or some of the Shadow Spells), the Chariots should break frontline units too.

I could use RXB on the Dark Riders for a round of shooting to hopefully damage the T3 AS5+ armies (HE,DE,WE,Marauders,Empire etc.) or hit warhmachines of the enemy.

Any advice?

Little Aaad
14-12-2007, 19:42
This has been knocked off of the list and still no replies.
I see that either no Dark Elf players are ever online anymore or people just don't like them.

I will try once more and if not I shall go to Druchii.net

Redskull
14-12-2007, 19:56
I have found that few players replay to posts not about High Elves.

For my worthless two cents i kind of like it. That most often means its either rubbish or cheese. You picked a theme and sticked to it for better or for worse. I think the words im looking for is Glass Cannon. Good untill something hard like dwarfs such things stop it right in its tracks...

But like i said i like it...

theunwantedbeing
14-12-2007, 20:09
Well firstly...what you have there isnt entirely legal as sorceresses cannot ride in cold one chariots.
You'll have to put them on dark steeds (no point putting them on cold ones as its far too risky that they wont get to cast).

Secondly...where's the rest of it?
You have 200 more points to spend.

A unit of warriors perhaps?
Or corsairs?
You can get 26 warriors in there (with sheilds)
Although if you want command on that you go down to only getting 23 if your okay by going a single point over(although that is frowned upon.....)
And leaves no room for dark steeds for your sorcerers.

So assuming you give them dark steeds you have 184pts left to spend.
Which is a unit of 19 spearmen with full command easily enough to put you 7 points under your limit of 1.5k.

There arent a lot of options really.
A minimum sized unit of black guard with a musician will fill the remaining points.

Little Aaad
14-12-2007, 22:08
Would harpies work? Or maybe shades? I don't tend to like slow infantry as I would never use them in battle. Harpies have that speed factor and wouldn't ruin the theme.

I suppose warriors might work...

I don't know.

theunwantedbeing
14-12-2007, 22:16
If its a 1.5 k army then you have...ah 1 special slot left.
And there was me thinking you had used them all up.....

You can fit 14 of either harpies or shades, fairly big unit of either really.
I'de go with the shades personally.
14 skirmishing shades poses a fair bit of fire power with 28 shots.

You can of course upgrade your units that you already have.
For a few points you can get an additional 8 shots with your cold one chariots which can be useful.

You can of course give Srith a magical item or 2 to use up some points and add some hitting power to the unit, or survivability to him.

Col. Dash
14-12-2007, 22:28
Why would it be far too risky for the sorc not to cast if on a cold one. The cold one moves whereever, but I dont remember seeing anything that says the riders do nothing if the cold one wigs out.
The name of the army is a bit off, the DE dont use arrows for one, and you barely have any in the army list for two.
My army is kinda similar to this list in that it also is all mounted. I love it to death and its my favorite army to play. I rarely lose with it, but then again I dont get to play very often so when it comes out, it tends to surprise people and as much as I like to think I am a great general, I think the surprise of my opponent not knowing how to deal with it is a greater factor. Elven mounted armies especially super expensive ones like DE are very fragile and easily beaten if your opponent sees it coming and properly prepares. But a manuever game is so much more fun than a sit and shoot game any day. I use manti, 2 CoK units min sized, 4 DRs, manflayers, and I think I have some bolt throwers just for GP. Cant remember the chars off hand.

theunwantedbeing
14-12-2007, 22:38
Check the stupidity rules again mate, you dont really want them going stupid when you have a sorcerer riding them...really you dont.

Manflayers are an idea though...and they will fill up the remaining points rather well.
Although I cant see how Col. Dash's "all mounted" army can include the manflayers of bolt throwers as those arent really mounted :P

Little Aaad
15-12-2007, 09:36
I have changed my mind now.

As I can't have my mages in chariots I might just take a caddy with SoG and a DS.

That frees more points up for an assasin, hero on a pegasus or maybe a maticore.

I know the Assasin isn't mounted but he starts halfway across the board anyway. I could put him into some shades for protection, give him MB and RoK and charges their Warmachines, Weak infantry or chariots.

Col. Dash
16-12-2007, 21:19
oops your very correct it isnt all mounted. ok mostly mounted. The utility of a bolt thrower is too good to overlook. Now I am trying to think of ways to mount it on wheels and get towed by old stlye cold ones heheh.