PDA

View Full Version : My PC is insane

Rabid Bunny 666
18-09-2005, 19:14
for some reason, it doesn't know how to open .EXE filetypes, but you can still open saved files, anyone else know how to stop this?

starlight
18-09-2005, 19:18
Operator error. :p

Sadly I don't know how to help with this.

Kargos Bloodspit
18-09-2005, 19:27
for some reason, it doesn't know how to open .EXE filetypes, but you can still open saved files, anyone else know how to stop this?

Dunno, try using the Run feature from the start menu to run them.

Oh, and have you looked in the Support Centre? :p

Asher
18-09-2005, 19:33
You call this insane?

Ever had zombie-programs runnig on your PC? Or the pc swiching off for no apparent reason?
I tell you that is insane!

Sveral programms (that were not elementary part of the op-system) I deinsalled (succesfully) and the still kept running.
At the moment I'm using the undead (or un-uninstall.ed) version of miranda to chat with people. I feel like a necrophiliac

Rabid Bunny 666
18-09-2005, 19:46
lol, thats pretty sweet, i had that with songs i deleted

Yorkiebar
18-09-2005, 19:53
Or the pc swiching off for no apparent reason?Been there, done that, still don't know why it happens.

Kargos Bloodspit
18-09-2005, 20:42
Been there, done that, still don't know why it happens.

Any chance it happens when you dont have your firewall on and a few seconds after you connect the internet?

Asher
18-09-2005, 21:07
Any chance it happens when you dont have your firewall on and a few seconds after you connect the internet?

Nope. Firewall is on and working fine.

Kargos Bloodspit
18-09-2005, 21:18
Nope. Firewall is on and working fine.

What about the internet thing?

Asher
18-09-2005, 21:28
Also working (kinda, icq and msn tend to disconnect without showing that they disconnected).
Happens even if I'm not connected.

Big_Bear_Scot
18-09-2005, 21:45
Been there, done that, still don't know why it happens.

Your PC might be over heating. The Motherboard automatically shuts down the computer when the temperature reaches a certain value. This protects the components of the PC.

Use this Utility to find out your motherboard temp.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/Motherboard-Monitor.shtml

What exactly happens(any error messages, file dialogs etc) when you click on an .exe file ?