PDA

View Full Version : Red Hunters?

floyd pinkerton
14-12-2007, 17:10
hi guys,

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Red_Hunters

I've seen them before, and they've always puzzled me, especially the =][=

Are they similar to the Grey Knights and the Deathwatch? Well, more the grey knights as they are a 'real' chapter, rather then an organisation.

thanks

Witchfire
14-12-2007, 17:15
nobody knows, they were just a chapter painted for inspiration for gamers on the GW website.

feel free to make up your own fluff

Leftenant Gashrog
14-12-2007, 18:41
Insignium Astartes defines them as a codex chapter, but then it says the same about the Mentors and the Exorcists.. (it specfically notes that their shoulderpad trim is in the company colour)

Imperial Armour volume 2 notes that the reason is for the ][ unknown, but that the chapters brethren have willingly placed themselves at the disposal of the Inquisition en-mass in the past.

Skibbles
14-12-2007, 18:45
Probably Marines that enjoy doing the Emperor's work in the name of the Inquisition, nothing mysterious.

FrankManic
15-12-2007, 04:26
There are quite a few chapters out there. Maybe they do work for the Ordo Hereticus that the Nuns With Guns aren't interested in. You know, manly stuff, like cutting down trees for firewood, so they can burn heretics.

FruitSmack!
15-12-2007, 15:58
I plan on doing a few units of Red Hunters to use as Indoctrinated Space Marines for my Inquisitorial forces.

When I eventually write up background for them, I figured that they'll have a fairly normal codex organization and only fight at the request of the Inquisition on their own, or as support troops that are indoctrinated into Inquisitor forces.

Not so much like the Grey Knights or Deathwatch, just a chapter of really pious Marines with a strong hatred of the mutant, the heretic, and the alien.

YMMV of course.

aaron