Are on Sneek Peek on the UK GW site!

Soz if this is already be pointed out

risK
15-04-2005, 16:26
So you're faster than GW's webtrolls
;)

Morhgoz
15-04-2005, 17:10
They are propably somekind conversion set like Lost & Damned mutants. The first rank small zombie, example is made from gnoblar body from Irongut-box... Others look like mix of zombies and militia...

Bubble Ghost
15-04-2005, 17:51
Looks like I'm finally going to get to use my "Dead Pirate Roberts" gag.

m1s1n
15-04-2005, 18:19
So . . . those look really lame.
Maybe it's the paint job, but they don't look very creative at all.

Rabid Bunny 666
15-04-2005, 18:19
wow

i can barely contain my disdain at the fact that THESE beat wood elves on the priority for a sneak peek

and why does the gnoblar zombie have a human head?

Scythe
15-04-2005, 18:27
Right, so they mixed the zombie set with the empire militia set. Nice, but that's hardly a sneek peak is it? Give some more wood elves!

and why does the gnoblar zombie have a human head?

Well, they're zombies!!!

;)

Life is hard when being a zombie....

Rabid Bunny 666
15-04-2005, 18:45
well, i thought that in the warhammer world, when you died, you rotted and your hands got uberhuge, but not that your head turns human

Scythe
15-04-2005, 19:00
Hey, Necrach vampires can fix everything. I'm sure the human head is a vast improvement in the zombies qualities. At least it makes a gnoblar zombie S3....

On second thought... maybe not....

:D

Arnizipal
15-04-2005, 19:06
Well, technically noses can rot off your face. That's why skeletons don't have them.
So maybe this is a very old gnoblar zombie (he would have to be , he came all the way from the other side of the world).

Stouty
15-04-2005, 19:15
Noses are cartilige, which would rot by about 2 months after death.

Rabid Bunny 666
15-04-2005, 19:21
but a gnoblars skull wouldn't look like that, look at the ROR undead regiment, the gobbo drummers skull is different to a human

Stouty
15-04-2005, 19:35
Sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh
*Don't tell the good people*

Rabid Bunny 666
15-04-2005, 20:19
aah, ok, but i wonder if theres gonna be a conversion kit

Avian
15-04-2005, 21:28
I rather doubt it. Probably they will just have rules in WD and then people can convert them for themselves.

And instead of selling a conversion kit they can have people order sprues from mail order at 50% more!!!

Rabid Bunny 666
15-04-2005, 23:05
sounds like games workshop, mail order is generally more expensive, but it couldn't be that hard to just convert militia to them without zombie parts

Wargamejunkie
15-04-2005, 23:07
could anyone post a link

Rabid Bunny 666
15-04-2005, 23:13
here ya go, one better, but i still question the legality..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/rabid_bunny_666/wubbish.jpg

Baggers
15-04-2005, 23:25
it does look like a hybrid of the Mordhiem Mercenary sprue and the Zombie Sprue. Perhaps they are metal models but unlikely.

m1s1n
16-04-2005, 02:23
There are more than a couple "repeat" models--which makes me think that these are not plastic sprues--
Unless they are doing "Thriller" I don't see a good reason for them to be posed the same way.

Rabid Bunny 666
16-04-2005, 02:53
aah, i see them too, but i still think that they are conversions, because they aren't mentioned in the lustria book, so i think it would be odd if they were released and comare them to the zombie/militia models

taer
16-04-2005, 03:23
Nope, I think they photo-chopped the image. The second two ranks are made up of exactly the same mix of models, minus command, as the front rank with the exact same coloring and highlight placement.

I don't blame them either. If I was a 'Eavy metal guy, I'd be fething pissed if they made me paint twenty ****** pirate zombies. 10 I could almost do.

Crazy Harborc
16-04-2005, 03:27
Well...........fresh (um make that WELL aged) meat. Arrr, arrr, arrr, shiver me tree trunks and all that jolly rodger sea sick talk.

What the heck, conversions require sprues and cost the bucks. Profits are expect to fall short, whatever will bring in the money.

Rabid Bunny 666
16-04-2005, 03:40
11 different ones

Scythe
16-04-2005, 10:28
it does look like a hybrid of the Mordhiem Mercenary sprue and the Zombie Sprue. Perhaps they are metal models but unlikely.

They are definitely not metal models. The bits used are those from the zombie sprue, 100% sure. They mixed it with some militia components and ideed fotocopied some models to the rear rank.

Lord Setra
16-04-2005, 22:31
I recken that those models will be similar to the lost and damned mutants that came out.

Remember the ones with various sprues in the plastic bag so that you could create various versions of the mutants.

Then the guy that leads the unit will come in a seperate blister or he is a conversion.

Just my thoughts.

Baggers
16-04-2005, 23:04
On the note of the repeating models. Yeah several models do look similar which I geuss could mean either the infamous set up, shoot, change postion that was used in the guard army book came into effect here.

Rabid Bunny 666
16-04-2005, 23:10
the ones in the same colour circles are the same models

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/rabid_bunny_666/wubbish2.jpg

Tastyfish
17-04-2005, 00:17
Mentioned on Asur they are a regiment of reknown - summoned through a bound spell item brought for one of your characters. Emerge from a water feature and cause terror on the first turn.

All in all, a bit crap apparently

Rabid Bunny 666
17-04-2005, 00:59
ROR?

i may actually make a unit then, i thougfht there was going to be a full blown army list for them

Lord Tyran
17-04-2005, 03:45
Why get those junk Zombies when there is much cooler Undead pirates out there
http://privateerpress.com/WARMACHINE/gallery/miniature_pages/revenant_crew.html

Crazy Harborc
17-04-2005, 03:58
Oh myyyyyyy. Yes they are "interesting.........very interesting" indeed. Not for use at a GW store/event.........but.....MY table!!

Scythe
17-04-2005, 10:18
Hmm nice, but those swords are just a little bit too overdone in my opinion.

Baggers
17-04-2005, 10:43
Hmm nice, but those swords are just a little bit too overdone in my opinion.

You have a good point but I really can not make out the swords well enough to make a comment.

Stouty
17-04-2005, 10:52

Because they are all metal and will cost more than i have to get a unit of 20.
£36 equal 40 **** pirates

Eversor
17-04-2005, 21:19

Because those really don't look that cool to me ;)

Capitán Sánchez
17-04-2005, 22:50
They are propably somekind conversion set like Lost & Damned mutants. The first rank small zombie, example is made from gnoblar body from Irongut-box... Others look like mix of zombies and militia...

I agree. But notice in Spain those mutants were sold in plastic bags which contained one zombie sprue, one catachan warriors sprue, one space orks one, and one Chaos mutations one, all for just 9€!!! (for you who do not count in euros, boxes cost up to 25€)

Perhaps they are also sold in boxes...

Thank you

ghost21
17-04-2005, 23:19
they seem converted

Witchsmeller
18-04-2005, 01:30
Just remeber, that when we got the LatD grab bags cheep we also got box sets for the 13th Company Space Wolves that just had Chaos and SW marine parts in it. My guess is that the Zombie Pirates will be more along the lines of the 13th company and not the LatD bag o' parts.

Scythe
18-04-2005, 19:13
Or just a conversion article in WD. After all, they are only a zombie box with the addition of 1 or 2 militia sprues.

Stouty
18-04-2005, 19:19
That would make sence.
Games workshop needs to fire their marketting department, they're all completely clueless

EffCee
18-04-2005, 19:19
Those are so bad. Wow! a sneak peek of models that we have essentially already seen! Get a move on GW you've given me a fix of the new Welvises and now you are forcing me into withdrawl.

He Who Laughs
19-04-2005, 13:45
Am I the only one on this forum that LOVES the idea of Zombie Pirates?
And am I the only one that has the clarity of mind to realise that (even though the picture posted on the sneek-peek may not be the best looking models) - you can convert your own ones up using Militia and Zombie sprues (as they have apparently been done) and make your own ones look better?
I mean, what about Jamacian Zombie Pirates - all with black dreadlocks and funky-coloured tea-cosies on their heads? They're not actually Zombies - just really, really stoned :)

And in response to someones comment that they'll only appear as a "konvershun klinik" article in White Dwarf... the Games Workshop Sneek-Peeks are reserved for models that are being released. Think about it peoples.

Sylass
19-04-2005, 14:12
I like the idea of Zombie Pirates. :)

However, could someone please clarify what these Pirates will be?

I've heard two versions now:

a) a list similar to the Clan Pestilence or Skink list from the Lustria book. Centered around Luthor Harkon.

b) Just a new RoR.

Where will we find the rules for the Zombie Pirates? Again there are different answers floating around. WD? Lustria book? Booklet thingy coming with WD?

Sgt John Keel
19-04-2005, 14:29
Or just a conversion article in WD. After all, they are only a zombie box with the addition of 1 or 2 militia sprues.

GAW 64-99 Warhammer Fantasy Battle: Zombie Pirates of the Vampire Coast $25.00

Read the rumour roundup. ;)

@ Sylass: According to Vivi on Dysartes, WD 305.

/Adrian

rkunisch
19-04-2005, 15:22
Adrian, that does not mean, that this box has completely new sprues/minis. It can easily contain the know sprues and maybe an additional command mini.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Sgt John Keel
19-04-2005, 15:37
Adrian, that does not mean, that this box has completely new sprues/minis. It can easily contain the know sprues and maybe an additional command mini.

Have fun,

Rolf.

That's not what I meant. Scythe said that he/she thought that it might just be a conversion article in WD, where I proved him/her wrong, if that schedule is correct. I never said that there would be entirely new models.

I wonder how they will include that gnoblar though.

/Adrian

rkunisch
19-04-2005, 15:59
That's not what I meant. Scythe said that he/she thought that it might just be a conversion article in WD, where I proved him/her wrong, if that schedule is correct. I never said that there would be entirely new models.

Mea culpa. I should have read your post more thoroughly.

That is indeed an interesting question. Maybe they supply him loose. :confused:

... or he is made out of pewter like the command minis. :eek:

Have fun,

Rolf.

Rohirrim
19-04-2005, 20:00
They are a RoR that also happen to be featured in the armylist that is based upon Luther Harkon and the Vampire Coast. Just like the Golin Hewer being a RoR from an armylist based on Slayers.

Ohman
19-04-2005, 21:38
They are a RoR that also happen to be featured in the armylist that is based upon Luther Harkon and the Vampire Coast. Just like the Golin Hewer being a RoR from an armylist based on Slayers.

So you can confirm that there will be a list?

rapscallion
19-04-2005, 23:57
the idea of pirates marching in ranks has got to be one of the dumbest things i have ever seen. and those are some crappy models, they hardly look like pirates

Hercco
20-04-2005, 08:19
the idea of pirates marching in ranks has got to be one of the dumbest things i have ever seen. and those are some crappy models, they hardly look like pirates

Well the idea of just plain landlover Zombies marching in ranks is quite ridiculous... I've always though that they are a tight packed mob, not a military unit in formation such as Empire Swordmen.

You're right about the models... They look more like... undead Empire Militiamen?

Scythe
20-04-2005, 11:41

/Adrian

Probably no gnoblar then I guess. I'm pretty sure it's a plastic model, and I doubt they're gonna put a whole sprue of gobnlars in the box then. That's what made me think it was a conversion article in WD in the first place.

boogle
20-04-2005, 12:16
they could just be supplied like the Mutants were in EOT, a limited run release of sprues bagged together

Sgt John Keel
20-04-2005, 12:21
Probably no gnoblar then I guess. I'm pretty sure it's a plastic model, and I doubt they're gonna put a whole sprue of gobnlars in the box then. That's what made me think it was a conversion article in WD in the first place.

It's one of the Gnoblars from the Ogre Bull sprues, so no, they're most certainly not going to include that in the box. Anyway, the price looks great to me.

/Adrian

Rabid Bunny 666
20-04-2005, 12:23
how much do they cost?

i'm guessing in the UK, they'll be roughly £18ish, as per everything

Sgt John Keel
20-04-2005, 12:34
how much do they cost?

i'm guessing in the UK, they'll be roughly £18ish, as per everything

Since the US price is 25, I'd say £15 for them. We'll probably just get 4 sprues though.

/Adrian

Rabid Bunny 666
20-04-2005, 12:37
fair doos, makes sense, you'd get 20 wouldn't you?

2 zombie sprues=10 zombies
2 militia sprues= 10 militia

Sgt John Keel
20-04-2005, 13:29
fair doos, makes sense, you'd get 20 wouldn't you?

2 zombie sprues=10 zombies
2 militia sprues= 10 militia

There's 5 on them sprues? Ah, well, nevermind. They would save some on the cover art if they just make a bag of them I suppose.

/Adrian

Scythe
20-04-2005, 19:18
Or just put that photo edited picture on the front of the box... Like they are doing with all the 40K boxes lately. Can't imagine that costs them very much... ;)

Crazy Harborc
22-04-2005, 00:07
Unfortunately GW's cost saving actions do seem to be another price hike, here, there and or everywhere.

Rabid Bunny 666
22-04-2005, 12:15
don't rant about it, check the 40K rumor roundup for why

Scythe
22-04-2005, 18:44
Ahh, they've updated the sneak peak with new models! Tichi Huichi's Raiders! Wait, I've got the feeling I've seen those models before...

;)

Stouty
22-04-2005, 20:58
Arrrggghhhh!!!!!

I've seen the rules, they be complete poo for any undead army ( a unit of zombies costing 200pts, they cause terror when you raise them)

200pts, for that i can get a necromancer with one of the nasty books and he's going to have much more effect.

Not bad for some armies but.

Il Magno
23-04-2005, 09:56
I do not know if already posted, but yesterday in Italy was realeased a PDF file for a campaign week end (in my city 21-22 May).
This file contains the rules for: Pirazzo lost legion, zombie pirates, Sckink cold one riders (the old RoR).
To note some UNOFFICIAL magic items list for DoW, in Italian style, for example: Remas pike ( as a dow pike, +1 St, prevent cavalary to charge the owner) 25 pts; Sartosa duel pistols (25 pts) owner may repeat filed rolls to wound, magic attacks both in melee and when shooting; Miragliano Great Armour (25 points) ST 5+, armour save 4+ (may be used in combo with other armours), but -1 M, -3 I, no usable for mounted characters or in combo with two handed weapons.
These are examples..........
Hi guys :D

Baggers
23-04-2005, 10:19
Yeah the three Dogs of War regiment you name are in the new uk White Dwarf number 305. But the models are released next month.

boogle
23-04-2005, 10:31
Il Magno: care to link us?

Re the ROR, they are being re-released by the way, for those new to the Dogs of war, these guys were originally released about 6 years ago

Il Magno
23-04-2005, 10:50
Ciao Boogle, here you may find the adress for the PDF file, unfortunatly (if you are not Italian) it is write in Italian :)
The file is full of rules for the two days mini-campaign.

http://it.games-workshop.com/doc/events/cw/cwfb2005_1.0.zip

I hope that at least the stats are OK for you ;)

Stouty
23-04-2005, 22:57
We've got the damned stats, translate boy!!!
Sorry that came out wrong.
I can't speak italien, hell i can't even soell the damned word.
This makes me.
Anoyed.

Il Magno
23-04-2005, 23:42
Ei ei, I dont like the tone of your replay! :mad: A plese or a thank, when asking something is NOT an option IMO.
And I am over 35 year old, not a boy.
In any way if you buy the May WD, most of the stuff is also included there.