PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elves 2K list:

L6FR_BH_FKR
19-09-2005, 01:00
Wood Elf Highborn: Spirit Sword, Helm of the hunt (the +1 A on charge thing), changeling clan (the +M and +A one): 255

Enchanter: Lvl 2, dispel scroll, power stone: 175
Enchanter: lvl 2, dispel scroll, power stone: 175

10 Archers: 120
10 Archers: 120
5 Scouts: 85
5 Scouts: 85

8 Dryads: 96
8 Dryads: 96

5 Sylvan Calvalry: musician: 129
5 Sylvan Cavalry: 120

6 Kournous' Chosen: Full command: 192
6 Kournous' Chosen: Full command: 192

4 Hawk Riders: 160

Any thoughts? I haven't tried it yet because I want to be sure of my army list before buying too much stuff.

Kolk
19-09-2005, 03:49
Do you have the army book, or a different version? Just some funny names you mentioned - changling clan etc. It is a army list...

Your highborn is definitly one expensive killer. None of your units except for maybe the Wild Riders have any staying power. I would suggest perhaps playtesting a 1000 point army including any of the models you have in that 2000 list before you go further.

L6FR_BH_FKR
19-09-2005, 07:16
yeah, my book is in French so Translation isn't always perfect.

As for my Highborn, I actually find him rather cheap (then again I played chaos before...). I'm using him because I play against: Saurus with Carnosaure, Tomb kings, Orks, Vampires and Dwarves. Other than dwarves none of these armies have good armour saves on either troops or Chars and so a easy enough for my highborn to kill before being killed himself.

I realise that the army has little staying power but that is essentially how I envisioned it: little direct confrontation, many combined charges on flanks and rear in order to not have to stay more than a turn. Of course, I may have the wrong idea going on how to play WE.

Sinew
19-09-2005, 10:25
As for my Highborn, I actually find him rather cheap (then again I played chaos before...) While he may be cheap compared to a chaos lord he's only got T3 and a 6+ save! ;)
Main problem I see with this guy is he's not going to give you that much of a return for your points. Good as he is he can't take on a unit with ranks by himself, only small support units. You could build a noble on an eagle for half his points who could do this.

Enchanter: Lvl 2, dispel scroll, power stone: 175
Enchanter: lvl 2, dispel scroll, power stone: 175 I think you're spending too many points on fairly low level magic here. Power stones are not worth 25pts IMO, though obviously the dispel scrolls are useful.

4 Hawk Riders: 160I reckon you should go with 3 warhawks. Assuming you're using them to take out support units, war machines and lone characters you should be aware of how many you can get into base contact. You'll never get 4 all in combat so why pay the points for the extra one?