PDA

View Full Version : Dark Angels kneepads?

Lordi
16-12-2007, 06:56
What is the story behind the different coloured knee pads on Dark Angels miniatures? I've seen green ones with a red line through the middle and a kneepad with both 2 dark green and bone coloured 'squares'.

So, when do you get which kneepad?

spacemonkey
16-12-2007, 06:58
Dark Angels use knee pads to display Company markings instead of coloring the rim of the shoulder guards as many/most Codex chapters do.

LexxBomb
16-12-2007, 10:36
yep and campaign badges go on the shin greaves

The Warmaster
17-12-2007, 05:03
As mentioned before, it's Company markings. I suggest you pick up a copy of How to Paint Space Marines, if you're looking to make a DA army - it has all the Dark Angels Company badges in there.

- N.

HiveFleetEzekial
17-12-2007, 06:05
TW, if that's *all* he needs.. then he should already have access to the company markings inside the codex itself. p58 has them.

The Warmaster
17-12-2007, 07:12
TW, if that's *all* he needs.. then he should already have access to the company markings inside the codex itself. p58 has them.

Sorry about that one. I don't actually own the Codex.

- N.

Lordi
17-12-2007, 14:56
I don't own the codex yet, for now I only paint but I want to start DA...

Essia
18-12-2007, 01:19
From what I understand, battle and reserve companies use the heraldry of their company master as compnay marking on the kneepads. Deathwing and Ravenwing use the broken sword and the wings claw as marking.

Vaulkhar
18-12-2007, 08:54
Left kneepad has company heraldry, right kneepad is blank on the codex scheme, but often displays honours or personal markings. The Deathwing and Ravenwing are a little unusual in that they replace the Chapter symbol with the company's variant (so the broken sword for DW, single wing for RW).

Essia: The basic company markings are set by the Codex - Company Masters base their heraldry on the company marking, not the other way around. End result's much the same though.