PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Hack and Slash games

Shuya
16-12-2007, 10:28
Now christmas is fast approaching so my family is returning home and im looking for some good 2 player co-op games to whittle the christmas holidays away.

Now when I was young (still am but not the point) I remember playing Games like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, they were the most fun Ive had in a co-op experiance. So can anyone reccomend games like this, or good co-op games in general.

Cheers, as allways, for the help.

forgotten hero
16-12-2007, 11:05
what console do you have? or PC/Laptop etc.

Gears is good Co-Op, Halo 3, COD4 for the 360.

Football Manager is good (me and my cousin are playing this currently online, lots of fun indeed.) just for a bit of a change, or Fifa.

lots of options.

-Rob

superknijn
16-12-2007, 12:23
I love Co-op as well, and would wish that every game would have it. Another good Co-op game is Rainbow Six: Vegas.

You could also play online at the same time, on the same server, with the help of Xfire. Me and my brother have had so much fun with Call of Duty 4 online, all thanks to Xfire.

der_lex
16-12-2007, 12:58
If it's multiplayer hack and slash you're looking for, the PC has games like Loki and of course the classic Diablo 2)...

But yeah, not posting what system you own isn't really helpful ;)

Dirty Fingers
16-12-2007, 17:07
Given your enjoymnet of Dark Alliance, i can recommend Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It's on EVERY console imaginable, even the PC. I think only the Gamecube doesn't have it. Either way, if you liked Dark Alliance, you'll probably be down with this. Beat-em up with strong rpg elements and great co-op multiplayer (up to 4 players). Also really quite long imo and TONS of characters to choose from, so lots of value. That it also even has Alliance in its name.

Gue'la Koholic
17-12-2007, 16:29
Isn't Too Human supposed to be a co-op hack and slash type? The way I read it, it seemed like it would be Diablo, with robot vikings. Which sounds pretty cool. Too bad it's got a ton of negative press coverage.

sigur
17-12-2007, 20:04
... I remember playing Games like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, they were the most fun Ive had in a co-op experiance. So can anyone reccomend games like this, or good co-op games in general.

Gears of War is great fun, Rainbow Six: Las Vegas is supposed to be good too but obviously I suggest giving Dark Alliance 2 and Champions of Norrath a try. Both are pretty much the same as Dark Alliance so if you were into it, you'll have fun with those too.

xbevisx
18-12-2007, 11:30
cant really go wrong with the x-men legends games either. they were kinda the precursor to marvel ultimate alliance, which is a great game, and is pretty much baldurs gate: dark alliance with lycra and super powers :D

also some talk about a hack and slash rpg called Arkadian Warriors ( i think thats what its called ) available for d/l from xbox live arcade.

did anyone used to play the old gauntlet 3d game ( cant remember the actual title ) for dreamcast. many fun hours on that with my mates.

Nephilim of Sin
18-12-2007, 13:01
Actually, the newer Gauntlet games are kinda fun as well, and on the plus side they are cheap. I would second X-Men and Marvel, especially for the price (although they are less hack and more 'punch and power'). Some of the Dynasty Warriors might be worth it for you, as you battle the almost endless sea of enemies.

xbevisx
18-12-2007, 13:19
Yeah Dynasty Warriors, good choice. Vice variety on the characters. Samurai Warriors as well. Only real difference is DW is set in China and SW is Japan.

Or theres Orochi Warriors which has come out which has characters from both. Havent played it yet but you cant go far wrong with that series. Not as much character customisation as the Marvel games but there is still the element of skills, equipment etc.

Dont both with the Gundam DW installment though. Unless you are really into Gundam.

TheBigBadWolf
18-12-2007, 14:45
You people dont know good co ops:), i remeber when i was young and used to play streets of rage and golden axe, now they are proper co op games

xbevisx
18-12-2007, 14:58
haha course i remember that, old timer ;)
i was there, back in the day for streets of rage and final fight.

i even remember Double Dragon on the arcade!
That was co-op till the end, where you have to beat the crap out of your buddy to have the girl for yourself! haha dont they know the saying? "Bro's before Ho's"

ok question for anyone that knows their old coin-op scrolling beat-em ups. Was there a scrolling 2d beat-em up which had some of the characters from Dynasty Warriors or similar characters? Im pretty sure i remember playing something like that but have no clue what the name of it was. I think in between levels theres was a food eating mini game as well.

sorry, back on topic now. Dungeon Siege was quite a fun hack and slash, could play it co-op online with your mates as well. never played the sequal though, was it any good?

Jedi152
18-12-2007, 15:12
Final Fight ftw! The ultimate co-op game. I was always Cody. He was cool.

Gue'la Koholic
18-12-2007, 16:08
Dude, c'mon. Ninja Turtles arcade is co-op of co-ops.

sanctusmortis
18-12-2007, 16:43
Hmm...

Co-op on 360 is pretty good. There's Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, which is pretty much what you're after, for FPS there's Gears of War and Halo 3, on XBLA there's TONS of good old games with it...

Wii is just party game after party game, so no idea.

PS3... again, difficult, as there's not many games.

Patriarch
31-12-2007, 14:30
For PS2 there are two Baldur's Gate games, additionally two more games called Champions of Norrath which play in excatly the same way. Me and the Mrs played through all of them twice in co-op.

There is also at least one Gauntlet co-op for the PS2, very hack and slash but no RPG inventory (finding the next magic sword/armour is the main source of addiciton for these games).

There is also Diablo 1 for the PS1 (later PS are backwards-compatible) which you could probably pick up on Ebay, Amazon will have some of the more recent ones. Sadly I've not seen anything like those come out since, if they did one for PS3 I'd buy the console.

The PC has zillions of such games, the problem for us being space to network 2 PCs. Darkstone (old), Neverwinter Nights, pretty much every single MMORPG on the planet......