5 Mounted Daemonettes @ 150 Pts

5 Mount @ [0] Pts

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

Casting Pool: 7

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 118

Total Army Cost: 1998

This is my first Attempt at a Chaos mortal army.

lol Its a total change from my Anvil dwarf army.. so any comments by people who play Fantasy chaos will be GREATLY appreciated

aenarion67
17-12-2007, 04:13
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... nice list. i would say get a spawn. there good for tying the enemy up. keeps them there ready for u to charge. i may be a HE player i may be not as experienced but i do know one thing. beast herds are awesome. your magic defence seems a bit small for 2k and your casting pool is a bit small.

Briohmar
17-12-2007, 06:28
I know you probably don't want to hear this, but 10 Daemonettes on foot, though absolutely stunning models, are equally as worthless. Don't listen to the elf, 7 casting dice is just fine, and will serve you well. Just remember to plan your three spells a turn accordingly. Elves just seem to have this inferiority complex about magic, and think ungodly amounts is better, I think they're just over-compensating for their inadequecy elsewhere. The beast herd is probably too small, should boost it up to around 20 if you want to survive. The warriors are not the preferred choice, but if you're going to use them as un-chosen, give them shields, then cast lux torment on them, and let them go. You really could use some more speed and/or flanking protection. If you drop the 'Nettes, and the 2nd weapons, you should easily have enough for two units of marauder horse with flails and musicians. The you make sure you pair up your units with an anvil and a hammer, ie marauders front, horsemen flank. Everything else looks fine, and should be a fun army to play.

Hey just noticed, this is post 369, there's just all kinds of fun a devotee of Slaanesh could have with that number. But I'll just stop there for the moment, as I'm at work.

Belerophon709
17-12-2007, 06:48
I, once again, second what Briohmar is saying, with a few additional notes:

Chariots of Slaanesh are a no-go. The ability to flee with chariots is crucial, unless you mount a hard hitting character in it with the Whip of Slaanesh, so leave it undivided.

I'm missing your knights. Generally I would say you have a bit too many foot-sloggers for a Slaanesh-list. Speed and maneuverability are key elements to a Slaanesh list. I would drop one of the marauder-regiments, and free up some more points elsewhere (drop furies to 7-8 possibly, lose mark on chariot) to at least get 6 regular Knights of P&P. Would be best if you could work in a way to make them chosen with the rapturous standard, but you might be in trouble trying to find the points.

Lastly, the sceptre of domination. It can be a great surprise, have tried it out myself, but, at the time, I was blissfully unaware that it is indeed a one-use-only-item, which makes me think that a power stone or another dispel scroll would be a better option.

Good luck with the list.

SEPH210
17-12-2007, 21:40
i'm thinking of doin a slaanesh army but i'm getting a head ake just trying to make it cool

Fallenturtle
17-12-2007, 22:42
Slaanesh2000 Pts - Chaos Army

1 Exalted Chaos Champion @ 210 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; General; Chaos Armour
Berserker Sword [40]
Enchanted Shield [10]

1 Steed of Slaanesh @ [40] Pts

1 Chaos Sorcerer @ 190 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Magic Level 2; Lore of Slaanesh; Chaos Armour
Power Familiar [50]

23 Marauders @ 193 Pts
Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

1 Chieftain @ [10] Pts

1 Chaos Sorcerer @ 190 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Magic Level 2; Lore of Slaanesh; Chaos Armour
Dispel Scroll [25]
Dispel Scroll [25]

18 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh @ 385 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician
Rapturous Standard [50]

1 Champion @ [12] Pts

5 Chosen Chaos Knights of Slaanesh @ 275 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Barding; Chosen Unit; Shield; Standard; Musician

5 Chaos Steed @ [0] Pts

1 Chaos Chariot @ 120 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided

2 Chaos Steed @ [0] Pts

2 Chaos Warrior Crew @ [0] Pts
Halberd; Heavy Armour

6 Beast Herd (Gors) @ 120 Pts
Unruly; 2ndWeapon; Standard; Musician

1 Foe-Render @ [20] Pts

9 Ungors @ [36] Pts
Spear

7 Chaos Furies @ 105 Pts

5 Mounted Daemonettes @ 150 Pts

5 Mount @ [0] Pts

Casting Pool: 7

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 92

Total Army Cost: 1998

hows this? i know the chaos unit is a bit point heavy, but i can always lower them.

Briohmar
18-12-2007, 07:57
Looks good. A lot slower than what I play, but should be good for a fun day of gaming. Its one of those interesting things to mention, you will probably outnumber about 2/3rds of your opponents. In 5th edition, up through 6th ed Ravening Hordes, this would have been unheard of. Also, you have 9 deployables plus characters. If you do it right, you should have the tactical advantage in being able to place your knights and Mounted 'Nettes after the majority of your opponents have placed their entire army. This gives you that added bit of flexibility to put the best stuff where you really need it. The trade off of course is that you will likely lose the first move in most cases, but that can also work in your favor, with a 20" Charge, well placed mounted 'Nettes should be able to charge and take out a unit of fast cav or skirmishers on turn one, factor in a pursuit, and you should be well into the enemy deployment zone before the second turn.