PDA

View Full Version : Where Did It All Go Wrong? Orks, Space Marines and Eldar

k'ron
17-12-2007, 21:59
First things first, this is probably going to end up being one of the most infrequently updated project logs on this site. The concept behind it is that since I have began to get back into the hobby after a hiatus while at uni, I have been buying models but haven't actually done much with regards to building/painting anything.

Hopefully this log will give me a bit of a reason to try and make some progress on the three armies I have ended up deciding to build.

The first of these and which this post is going to show is an ork army. I decided to do this army due to the conversion opportunities which it offered and the basic idea is to end up with an army that can technically be played with but will probably end up losing every game due to units been chosen on conversion ideas rather than effectiveness.

The first pictures are of a very WIP looted wagon. I've got the basic structure completed and an old freebooter to use as the pilot but have reached quite a cross roads about where to procede next.

The first choice is to add a boom gun in the form of a whirlwind launcher (part of which can be seen below) and the dreadnaught engine underneath as extra propulsion.

The second idea is to have the exhausts of the dreadnaught engine pointing forwards to count as a scorch and to add a killa kan arm to where the whirldwind launcher would be to count as a grabbing klaw.

Any ideas on what people think looks better would be greatly appreaciated.

The final picture is the components for a huge mega armoured warboss, I'm not too sure which set of arms to use yet but I am leaning towards the bigger ones as they seem more orky. I was thinking on the concept of the warboss and quite liked the idea of "Grimtuff - Butcha Of Da Fousand", a title earned after he led a Waagh which wiped out a chapter of marines.

Another idea which has only reached the planning stage is a squad of mega armoured nobz based upon the marine terminator models using some weapons arms from the mega armoured nobs models. The concept for these is that they looted the armour after the Waaagh destroyed the chapter of Space Marines and they are Grimtuffs surviving elite so got the best pick of the spoils.

All suggestions regarding anything in this log are greatly appreciated :)

The Laughing God
18-12-2007, 19:45
The trukk is actually a pretty cool conversion. I can't wait to see how it turns out when you paint it.

-The Laughing God-

k'ron
22-12-2007, 12:28
Just a quick update, the idea of the warboss conversion has changed to it being a deffdread conversion armed with two rocket launchers. The rocket launcher needs a little greenstuff work to mak it more stable and I have two Killa Kan arms to attach to the body for the CCW.

I have included a picture of the marine for a scale comparison. Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, my painting is about as bad as my modelling/painting skills. Hopefully they will all improve in time and with practise.