PDA

View Full Version : Need some quick Sisters of Sigmar advice

Setomidor
18-12-2007, 07:50
Hi!

My playgroup is starting up Mordheim again, and I though I'd use the new gorgeous empire Warrior priest models as the core of the warband.

What do you think about the following?

Matriarch 70gc
Sigmarite Hammer 15gc
Steel Whip 10gc
Holy relic 15gc

Sister superior 35gc
Sigmarite Hammer 15gc
Hammer 3gc

Sister superior 35gc
Double handed weapon 15gc

Sister superior 35gc
Sigmarite Hammer 15gc
Steel Whip 10gc

Augur 25gc
Steel Whip 10gc
Dagger 0
Sling 2 gc

2 Sigmarite sisters 50gc
Hammer 6gc
Sling 4gc

2 Sigmarite sisters 50gc
Hammer 6gc
Dagger 0gc

2 Sigmarite Sisters 50
Steel Whip 20gc
Dagger 0gc
Slings 2gc

Total: 500gc

I know they're a bit equipment heavy, but I have a few reasons:

First, consult the models;

http://www.gamemaniacs.se/uploadedImages/hi_res/86-38_2007.jpg

From the Right:

- Matriarch with hammer, whip, holy relic (the book)
- Superior with double hammers and also the Sister superior with hammer / steelwhip (converted).
- Superior with double handed weapon, and most likely the augur as well (not quite sure).

I think it's important that you can tell the different hero and henchman groups appart, so I'm trying to avoid having the same EQ on more then one model (at lleast initially).

Second; I don't want to go OTT with the warband. Sure, twice the amount of slings would probably be better, but a bit boring don't you think? :) I would like some helmets on the heroes, but don't know what to replace.

I'm also aware that I'm playing both undead and possessed. I've therefore tried to balance the sigmarite hammer ratio both to make sure I have some, but also to make sure they're not over represented.

The holy relic is there for the early failed rout-test.

If you're curious about the henchmen models, I'll probably go with bretonnia Grail pilgrims for that religious look.

Comments appreciated! I'm probably buying the models tomorrow or thursday, so be quick about it :)

//Seto

BigRob
19-12-2007, 20:07
Sounds like a good idea, using the rules to represent a holy crusade.

Sigmarite Hammers are brillaint and very in character for the sisters and I would worry abou tover representing them. If the other guys playing possessed, well they should expect that sort of thing from sisters, what about if you rolled up Soulfire as your spell....

Warband looks solid, Surprised by no Novices to make up numbers but you have a solid core. I'd loose the double handed weapon, I've never had any luck with them. Extra strength is great but unless you get Strongman (which I dont think you can get..) striking last will hurt you. Good call on no sling spamming, but then again its your only missile attack so dont penalise yourself too heavily, after all, will the possessed guy not be taking the best mutations available?

Finally, Helmes for the win and vs Undead grab some of that holy water.

Have fun

Count Sinister
19-12-2007, 23:16
Nice idea, Setomidor. Those Empire Warrior Priests are really nice models, and I like the idea of a band of zealous priests of sigmar using the rules for Sisters. Excellent.
The warband itself looks good - although I have to agree with BigRob on one or two things. The double-handed weapon - striking last really hurts, so couldn't you just say it's a normal hammer? Just because he's carrying it in two hands doesn't mean that he has to swing it in both hands...
As for the slings - don't be afraid to maximise your advantages. There's no reason not to take more slings. The rules are there for you to use, after all, and slings are really good! Steel Whips are nasty - it's good to see them represented there as well.
All in all, a good, solid warband with a really interesting look/theme. Will you be posting up pictures?

Setomidor
24-12-2007, 13:35
Pictures, sure! But it'll take a while :)
I've ordered the models, they should be arriving early next year.

I've followed your advice and made the warband a bit harder;

Matriarch 70gc
Sigmarite Hammer 15gc
Steel Whip 10gc
Holy relic 15gc
Sling 2gc
Buckler 5gc (it's on the model...)

Sister superior 35gc
Sigmarite Hammer 15gc
Hammer 3gc
Sling 2gc

Sister superior 35gc
Sigmarite Hammer 15gc
Sling 2gc

Sister superior 35gc
Steel Whip 10gc
Sling 2gc

Augur 25gc
Steel Whip 10gc
Dagger 0
Sling 2 gc

5 x 1 Sigmarite sisters 125gc
Hammer 15gc
Sling 10gc

2 Novices 30gc
Buckler 10gc

Total: 498gc

I'll go with small henchmen groups to quickly get a Lads got talent. Even if they miss the LGT oppourtunity, I'll be able to increase the size of the best (living) henchmen group after the first few games. Sure, some experience will probably be lost, but I think it's worth the risk.

The dual novices with bucklers are just there to take the beat. They'll form a screen with their puny bucklers, and hopefully the rest of the warband can proceed to sling or beat the enemies up the following round.