PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point HE army

Caligula
18-12-2007, 20:12
Once again I've made an attempt to create a 2000 point HE list that I'm happy with...this is starting to become a very diffiucult task, let me tell you! Anyway, here's what I've come up with this time. I wanted to have a strong magic element, while still having some nasty combat potential. Please let me know what you think.

Archmage-
Level 4
Jewel of the Dusk
Ring of Fury

Dragon Mage of Caledor-
Level 2
Guardian Phoenix
Silver Wand

Noble-
Great Weapon
Heavy Armour
Shield
Helm of Fortune
The Gem of Courage

15 Spearmen-
Sentinel
Musician
Standard Bearer

15 Spearmen-
Sentinel
Musician
Standard Bearer

10 Archers

14 Sword Masters of Hoeth-
Bladelord
Musician
Standard Bearer
Banner of Arcane Protection

Tiranoc Chariot

6 Dragon Princes of Caledor-
Drakemaster
Musician
Standard Bearer
War Banner

Repeater Bolt Thrower

TOTAL-1999pts.

Thoughts?

Semi_Bunny
18-12-2007, 22:28
Props for only one bolt thrower, though a great eagle int here wouldnt be bad. Maybe lose the tiranoc chariot for it.

I also dont know about taking command on those DPs, because there most likely going to die unless you've got a character with them, and the banner is 100 VPs in your opponents hands. The +2 static rez on them with the banners probably isnt going to help, you're better off flank charging with them if there isnt a character. One thing my HE friend does is puts a noble BSB with the banner that adds d6 combat rez on them which usually works particularly well. So the deal with them is to either add a hero or lose the command because the points could better be spent elsewhere.

aenarion67
18-12-2007, 23:10
losse the archers for another bolt thrower. exchange your noble for a BSB cause your force is slightly small and u need to keep the battle line together.