PDA

View Full Version : Best Regiment to Team conversion

hippo2112
20-12-2007, 15:12
While our current league is going on, I'd like to work on a conversion for my next team. I'd like to keep it to one regiment box and some green stuff.

Does anyone have any regiment boxes that they've had particular sucess with?

I'm thinking either a dwarf team from a Warriors box, or a skaven team from a Night runners box.

th0r
20-12-2007, 15:16
HE - Archers
Orc - WHFB Orcs

Both were quite easy to convert to BB minis

Jedi152
20-12-2007, 15:25
I've done a night gobbo team using the old plastics. It was fairly easy, and mostly involved removing spears.

floyd pinkerton
20-12-2007, 16:41
the khemri team is basically just metal skellies, very easy

you'd have to get some mummies though, thoguh you could GS them

xbevisx
20-12-2007, 17:23
I used 40K orks for my line men. Nice and "beefier" than the weeds you get in the Bloodbowl team box. Makes the team look that much more imposing.

I know you said 1 box, but I also used WFB black orcs with the weapons removed as my teams black orcs.

Cant beat the normal blitzers though.

Deng Ham
20-12-2007, 17:42
A Norse team for the maraudes box.. tho you need a troll to add to it.

Humans from a candian box.

the anti santa
20-12-2007, 21:46
Well I converted this team from the old dwarf warriors box with the addition of 2 slayers.
The shoulder pads are from space marines.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/spubbbba/BloodBowl/Team14.jpg

I'm also working on a dark elf team using plastic warriors for the linemen.
But the positionals will be made from metal players as they would all look too similar otherwise.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/spubbbba/BloodBowl/S6000563.jpg

Wood elves could work quite well, only the wardancers look that different and you could always add a mask to them.
Khemri are dead easy, just use skellies for the linemen and add some extra bits for the thro-ra and armour for the blitz-ras.
Mummies can be made by cutting paper into very long thin strips dipping it in PVA glue and covering a skeleton in it, comedy 50's horror style mummy.

xbevisx
21-12-2007, 00:42
oh im definately gonna have to get some pics on here now :D

lovely dwarves by the way.

th0r
21-12-2007, 02:21
To continue the many pictures to come...one of my HE linemen..

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p86/th0r02/Blood%20Bowl/bbHE2.jpg

Darkson
21-12-2007, 09:52
No pics, but I've a Skaven team built from a Skaven WFB plastic set (with a few spare bits and pieces from the Mordheim sprues), and a lizzie team built from the Saurus and Skink plastics (though unfortunatly that means two regiment boxes).

EVIL INC
21-12-2007, 15:52
1. I concurr with the norsefrom marauders. The "young" topknot heads are good for on catchers as the "youth" implies that they are more reckless and thus willing to run out with the ball. The bare head with the winblown beard painted grey make for good throwers as thier age wouldmake them "wiser" and thus better suited for that role. The "big hat" or leader helmeted heads plus capes make for great looking blitzers.
2. Skeletons and zombies for the undead type teams. (Necrons could make for an interesting take on BB skeletons specially designed for the role.) Of course, youd need to get ghouls, mumies and wightsseperate butthe wights could be converted out of skeletons and ghouls from zombies. Heck, you might even be able to convert some into mummies with wrapping them in strips of greenstuff.
3. Skaven can do well. You need to be creative though. The ratskull heads can represent gutter runners and paint jobs and extra armor bits can make some appear to be storm vermin. Creative posing or numbers can make for the throwers, especially if you add the football to the hand as an extra visual.
4. Dwarves. I did a team with these. Been a whileand the team was stolen from my buddy when his house got broken into. I think creative placement of the spare "add on" horns can make for blitzers and I cant remember how I did the runners. Like the skaven, you gotta be creative. Gotta get trollslayers extra or convert.
5. Beastmen and chaos warriers are the easiest conversion I have for this. Just clip offweapons and boom, you got a team. best, if you can find another chaos player or just order as many warrier sprues as you need to get them without having to buy a whole box.
6. Lizardmen pretty much the same as for chaos only use skinks and sauruses.

All of the above, I did not include the big guys for obviously, youdneed to get those extra.

the1stpip
22-12-2007, 00:16
I have used Dark Eldar sprues for both my Dark Elf and High Elf teams.

I trimmed down the shoulder pads, so it looks like they are wearing spandex and American Football shoulder pads.

Lord of ???
26-12-2007, 08:39
I used Marauders for my Norseman team.

I used a very simple and effective way of showing who was who.

The Blitzers have 2 shoulder pads, Linemen 1 and catchers and throwers have no pads and no helmet. The rest is upto body positions to suggest what sort of action they are doing.

sigur
27-12-2007, 04:32
Humans from a candian box.

Are those the lucky ones who live in Candyland?:)

I think that the 40k Orks box would makegive you the easiest convertion possibilities.

Welf VIII.
27-12-2007, 11:19
Witch elves they already have shoulder pads.

Warsmith Strader
02-01-2008, 13:28
Orc team- the orc regiment and the black orc regiment(combined)
Norse- marauders
Chaos- beastman and old chaos warriors regiment! with old plastic Minotaur!

Would luv to find a old box of dwarves(the multi pieced regiment) for a dwarven team

Corax
12-01-2008, 13:17
For my Chaos team, I used plastic Chaos Warriors, and Chaos Marauders to represent the Beastmen as they have pointy helmets to represent the Horns trait (I was doing a Chaos Mortals themed team at the time).

EVIL INC
12-01-2008, 15:18
For my Chaos team, I used plastic Chaos Warriors, and Chaos Marauders to represent the Beastmen as they have pointy helmets to represent the Horns trait (I was doing a Chaos Mortals themed team at the time).

Thats a good "counts as" possibility that I had not thought of. Kudos. :)

davve
17-01-2008, 15:58
4. Dwarves. I did a team with these. Been a whileand the team was stolen from my buddy when his house got broken into.
Well, that REALLY sucks!
What kind of an ******* would break into a house to steal a bloodbowl team :wtf:

Brick Bungalow
12-02-2008, 17:37
I made what I feel is a pretty convincing team out of the cadian IG sprue. I'll hunt around for some pics.

Krootman
25-02-2008, 16:28
the old chaos warriors are great for making a chaos team, for my necro team I used zombies and for the thralls I did soem conversions from marauders also mixing the kits gives u some sweet zombies, for the warewolfs i used some from another range as the gw ones sucked

Zanusiekk
27-02-2008, 15:25
I'm looking at a solid team made from the new Ork Boyz box, just cut off the weapons (leave the handguards as knuckle dusters).

ArtificerArmour
28-02-2008, 08:33
I've got 6 or 7 pretty decent players out of the new ork boyz box (unfortunately I made heavy weapons from the bits before I remembered I wanted a blood bowl team :p)

winkypinky
05-03-2008, 15:03
Well I converted this team from the old dwarf warriors box with the addition of 2 slayers.
The shoulder pads are from space marines.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/spubbbba/BloodBowl/Team14.jpg

I really like those dwarfes and I actually think i have parts for some laying around. And one more Blood Bowl team is never a bad thing. + your way of doing them really looks amazingly bloodbowl'ish compared to most other fantasy->bloodbowl projects without a lot of greenstuff.

Dolf Hitla
08-03-2008, 11:20
i made a good human team from the empire soldiers regiment, just by matching pieces and a little cutting in the legs you get nice movement and models that accurately represent the player they need to.

TallChris
09-03-2008, 22:55
My current Human Team is heavily converted from a lot of kits , 5 infact ( if you can name all 5 of them you win err nothing but admiration)

The did appear in one of the Blood Bowl mags , i forget which one in their previous incarnation of purple but have recently been repainted in time for the upcoming Blood Bowl at GW HQ

The other picture is from the Final of your recent club tournament which i sadly lost in the 6th turn of sudden death over time to Hashut's Purple Helmets.

Deng Ham
10-03-2008, 23:48
It's a test i just have to have a go at.

Legs and knees: Spacemarines (dont know what type)
hips: Empire state troopers
heads: Imperial Guards
Arms: mauroders
Torsos: green stuff (don't know realy)

Anyhow it's a nice looking team. altho it's a bit off topic, as it was about making it easy. And this shure don't look easy

Darkson
12-03-2008, 10:19
@ TallChris - is that an old 2nd edition pitch flocked up?
What rules do you use for the oversized EZ?

Oelitto
12-03-2008, 12:45
For my Human Team, I used a Regiment of Empire Flagellents, I used spare Tau Grenade thrower arms and Kroot Shoulder pads. I clipped a majority of weapons off and green stuffed some balls on them. I quite enjoy how they look.

neXus6
12-03-2008, 17:40
It's a test i just have to have a go at.

Legs and knees: Spacemarines (dont know what type)
hips: Empire state troopers
heads: Imperial Guards
Arms: mauroders
Torsos: green stuff (don't know realy)

My go.
Legs&Torsos - Space Marines
Hips - Not too sure could be State troops, possibly Marauders but that would only be 4 kits.
Heads - Catachans
Arms - Catachans & Marauders
Shoulder Pads - Necrons

I second that its a really nice looking team, very uniform looking, which is a nice change for BB. :p

TallChris
12-03-2008, 17:41
@ TallChris - is that an old 2nd edition pitch flocked up?
What rules do you use for the oversized EZ?

Yeah thats the astro granite pitch completely covered in sand painted up in muddy brown then static grassed, finally adding the pitch markings.

The skull has the squares lightly scored with a knife so not to ruin the skulls but also allow you to see the squares.

We didnt use any other special rules for the double space endzones just played as normal on a bigger pitch.
The squares are also a little smaller so allowed for throwing to be a little further than normal.

Ive got another astro granite pitch to play with now too ready for our clubs next league.

TallChris
12-03-2008, 17:46
My go.
Legs&Torsos - Space Marines
Hips - Not too sure could be State troops, possibly Marauders but that would only be 4 kits.
Heads - Catachans
Arms - Catachans & Marauders
Shoulder Pads - Necrons

I second that its a really nice looking team, very uniform looking, which is a nice change for BB. :p

Closets so far :)

Legs: Assault Marine running legs
Hips: Still the same sets of legs with the gaps all green stuffed in, if you could see the back you will see their rears are cut down to a nice roundness
Heads: These are Beaky Space Marine helmets with the 'beaks' removed and the faces of Catachans put in their place. The faces were sliced off the heads to just get the features
Arms: The arms are Ork arms with the hands removed, the replacement hands are again Catachan or Bloodbowl Throwers/ Catchers ones
Shoulders: Yep these are Necron Destroyer bodies greenstuffed to hide the gaps.

And thank you for your nice comments

edited for typos!!

Lowkee
19-03-2008, 07:23
The Skellie box is one of the easiest I believe. One of the few that you can build their entire team with minimal conversion work.

As mentioned above mummies can be done with wraps around the skellies. One of the guys in my gaming group built a team for a league I wasn't playing in but I saw the models. He used GS for the wraps and the team looked fantastic. And very simple.

Setomidor
26-03-2008, 13:19
I'm doing a Skaven team from a box of plague monks and a spare plastic rat ogre. The only problem I have is modeling the gutter runners, but I'll get back to you on that one :)

Ironjens
29-04-2008, 09:19
I am currently converting the glade warriors regiment into a woodelf bb team, although I'm cheating, I had an old blister of wardancers from the late nineties laying around. Throwers will get a ball in their hands and catchers will get orc hands to simulate big gloves :)

Vinsanity
29-04-2008, 14:23
I just last week converted a Norse team, which I'm quite fond of atm.
It contains mostly marauders, though I've got 2 running flaggellant models as Norse runners, 2 Marauders with those kool flaggellant masks as beserkers, 2 throwers with catachan arms which i had lying around that look like they're throwing footballs. Finally I converted ulfenwereners from beastmen bodies with the horns cut off and sculpted more fur as well as snouts from the nose and mouth down. Looks quite good i think. Ill post up pics soon. Im not too sure what to use for the snow troll which I plan to get soon though, is there any alternative to the OK yhetti?

Deng Ham
29-04-2008, 15:00
true. Marauders are good for converting norse. the problem is the ulferenen. It might work using a mauroder body wolf head (goblin wolf rider). tho some gs is neede.

As for the snow troll, I find the yhetii briliant for the job.

rev
30-04-2008, 17:54
you can make TWO chaos teams from a regiment of warriors and a regiment of beastmen easily. Pics to follow.

On another note, this would be a good thread to streamline with links and then sticky. Mods?

rev

rev
01-05-2008, 20:37
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/revmatt/Minis/DSC_0001-1.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/revmatt/Minis/DSC_0002-2.jpg

rev

Krootman
03-05-2008, 04:51
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/revmatt/Minis/DSC_0001-1.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/revmatt/Minis/DSC_0002-2.jpg

rev

When I converted my necro team, I wanted it to be a bunch of former players brought back to life so I used chaos warriors for the my flesh golems and they look like that accept I used the blindfolded head from the mutation sprue to show that the flesh golems are controlled by the will of the necromancer (ME!)

SillySod
03-05-2008, 07:56
The Empire militia boxed set is really good. You get several arms without weapons, some small knives which fit BB quite well, and the general feel of the models are nice with light armour. Their equipment is mismatching enough to give each one an individual feel but somehow they fit together as a team, I use them as thralls because its precisely how I see thralls.... a ragged, lightly armoured levy with the occasional sneaky knife.