PDA

View Full Version : Where to put Teclis?

Settler
20-12-2007, 16:47
Greetings all, I've got this 2250 army and I'm not sure where to put Teclis. I was thinking with the Phoenix Guard or maybe with archers or even RBT's. Maybe you have another idea. What do you recommend? Here's the army, which is built around SM's who have Incense and Lion Standard:

Teclis - 475

BSB +GW, H.Armour, Banner of Sorcery - 172

Noble +GW, H.Armour, Sacred Incense - 127

19 Sword Masters +FC +Lion Standard (+Noble) - 340

20 Phoenix Guard +FC - 330

19 Spearelves +FC (+BSB) - 196

10 Archers - 110

5 Dragon Princes - 150

5 Dragon Princes - 150

2 RBT - 200

2250. Hitty, decent magic, solid line, wish I had another RBT.

wildkarrde0
20-12-2007, 17:04
since a feather can knock him down i would stick him in the phonix guard unit and give the champion of the guard the 2+ save armour so he can bodyguard tec

Malorian
20-12-2007, 18:03
I've seen some players place them in with the RBT seeing as you have to randomize to hit the crew and then randomize again to hit him.

Personally I would put him in with the spear elves. That way he is well protected and in the middle of the action so his spells won't be out of range. And if things look scary he can always take off : )

Weapon-X
20-12-2007, 20:18
best bodyguard for teclis is 10 DOW duellists. Takes up a rare (not a big deal because you have 4), is 50 points and you can keep him out of arms reach of anything scary, while he pelts your enemy with spells.

smileyface
20-12-2007, 22:34
Greetings all, I've got this 2250 army and I'm not sure where to put Teclis. I was thinking with the Phoenix Guard or maybe with archers or even RBT's. Maybe you have another idea. What do you recommend? Here's the army, which is built around SM's who have Incense and Lion Standard:

I think the best place will usually be in the swordmasters.

Think about it like this: he's really expensive and fragile. If it costs them an entire unit of cavalry to take him out, they've still won on the deal. Hence if he goes in the phoenix guard they just charge in with heavy cav. The PG don't break or necessarily even take casualties, but they won't kill many knights. The champion idea suggested earlier is rather good, but it won't protect you from the basic knights either, so some knights will get to attack, and they might get lucky.
If you use swordmasters the greater offensive power plus the ASF means quite a few of the enemy will be dead before they get to strike, which means more chance of Teclis not being targettable. You can still do the champion trick if you want to protect him from challenges.

Havock
20-12-2007, 22:45
Answer to thread title: "In a wheelchair".

On a more serious note: The phoenix guard, they are quite resilient.

Noldo
21-12-2007, 11:59
I would suggest Swordmasters. With LD10 Teclis should keep them from running from missile fire (= panic), so resilence is not that much a question. Phoenix Guard just does not kill opponents fast enough to keep them from attacking Teclis and with WS3, T2 and W3 without AS or Ward Save he is going down fast if attacked. Placed between Noble and Champion in SW unit there is going to be 3 S6, 3 S5 and Teclic's own attack (WS3 but wounds on 2+ and no armor save) against models on base to base contact with Teclis, so he have change to be safe.

Urban Knight
21-12-2007, 13:31
I run with White Lions and Swordmasters with FC and a noble in both.

I then jump Teclis to which ever of the 2 units look the safest. Sometimes abandoning both units all together.

Teclis rarely ends the game in the same unit he started in.

theunwantedbeing
21-12-2007, 13:37
The best place for teclis is on the shelf where he can gather dust.
Dont be so damned boring and use special character's....use proper character's.

Failing that put him in something like swordsmasters.
Few things will ever get a chance to even hit the guy.