PDA

View Full Version : W.A.R - Last Dark Elf class reveled

Stormtrooper Clark
20-12-2007, 16:52
It's the Disiple of Khaine.

http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/gameInfo/armiesofWAR/DarkElves/Careers/Disciple.php

Video by Paul:

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/media/flash/Paul-Disciple_BR1000.html

sigur
20-12-2007, 23:13
Okay, this game really doesn't seem to have much in common with Warhammer.

theunwantedbeing
20-12-2007, 23:22
Very drow.

Neknoh
20-12-2007, 23:22
although, to me, it sounds like something completely possible within the Dark Elf society, warpriests of khaine basically.

EDIT: And I have to say, the though of actually being able to put the reciever of the leaching to be anyone you want is a very nice twist to it

Ethlorien
21-12-2007, 01:57
Man, I love Warhammer, but this game comes off so far looking pretty lame and boring, to be honest. I'm all for giving it a fair try when it comes out, but right now I am less then impressed with everything I've seen, heard, and read about it. This just adds to the list.

Anyway, I'm hopeful that I'll be proved very wrong.

Nephilim of Sin
21-12-2007, 02:45
Okay, this game really doesn't seem to have much in common with Warhammer.

Or perhaps this is the way of things to come for the new Dark Elf book? Are we going to have this and Male Sorcerers?

Drogmir
21-12-2007, 03:41
To tel you the truth after Empire and Chaos everything seemed to have went downhill or something.

Max_Killfactor
21-12-2007, 12:38
Since Assassins aren't going to happen, this will be the class I'm going to play. I actually like the idea behind it and I think it would be fun to play.

sigur
21-12-2007, 13:56
Or perhaps this is the way of things to come for the new Dark Elf book? Are we going to have this and Male Sorcerers?

I have no problem with male sorcerers (eventhough the story about Malekith ordering to kill all male sorcerers because of this prophecy is a nice story. Very fairy-tale or bible-like) but blue-skinned Dark Elves? No way.

Arnizipal
21-12-2007, 17:51
Renegade male sorcerers exist. It even says so in the Dark Elf armybook.
Of course, they're very rare and wouldn't be able to take to the field as readily as they're going to appear in W.A.R.

I have no problem with male sorcerers (eventhough the story about Malekith ordering to kill all male sorcerers because of this prophecy is a nice story. Very fairy-tale or bible-like) but blue-skinned Dark Elves? No way.
Blue skin? :confused:
Are we looking at the same pictures?

Neknoh
21-12-2007, 20:42
I think he's reffering to the intensely pale sorceror who has a next-to-grey skin, although it's more of a very pale and light-deprived sin imho.

HalfEvil333
21-12-2007, 21:26
This is so much better than what I was speculating the DE support class would be.

Morathi's Darkest Sin
22-12-2007, 11:24
I'm not to stunned with this, its not like fluff wise we've been taken by hand through the entire workings of the Church of Khaine, so this to me seems very reasonable, Witch Elves are more martial than Priestly and I for one would be very happy to see these guys make the transition into the actual Tabletop game.

Very interesting stuff though.. Hmm my only decesion now is to stay in the Druchii/Asur zone slaughtering our hated foe.. or have fun and go help the Chaos kill the Humies. Hehe.

JaqTaar
22-12-2007, 14:25
I recommend the Darkblade novels by Dan Abnett. This sort of character appears many times in them. The one set in Har Ganeth (Warpsword) describes the Cult of Khaine in great detail.

Arnizipal
22-12-2007, 16:56
I recommend the Darkblade novels by Dan Abnett. This sort of character appears many times in them. The one set in Har Ganeth (Warpsword) describes the Cult of Khaine in great detail.
Only read the first one and it wasn't all that great IMHO.
Too many liberties with the background for my liking.

Huw_Dawson
22-12-2007, 19:26
The world of WAR and Warhammer are like Siamese twins... joined at the hip, look similar but not neccesarily alike. And I'm liking this game the more I see it.

- Huw