PDA

View Full Version : Can Ogres take a DOW Giant?

Voodoo Boyz
20-12-2007, 21:16
I was looking at the rules for the Giant and it says you can take a Giant in an Empire, Skaven, Vampire Counts, Tomb Kings, Dark Elves, and Dogs of War, but I could have sworn I've seen Giants in an Orcs & Goblins and Chaos armies as well, so can I take a DoW Giant in my Ogres army or not?

Todd
20-12-2007, 21:30
Ogres, Orcs, and Chaos already have some sort of access to giants in their own army books. Ogres get slave giants.

DaBrode
20-12-2007, 23:16
Ogres don't respect Giants and utilize them in the same way as other armies would. They onlt enslave them for the purposes of showing off and using them to threaten an enemy. Slave Giants are your only options.

ChaosDanzig
23-12-2007, 19:39
No you can't pick the Dogs of war version of the Giant, it is clearly specified in your army book.

tanglethorn
26-12-2007, 16:59
However, I can take your Ogres as a DoW choice and I can take a DoW giant. Take that you redheaded stepchild of the warhammer universe! (I'm referring to the OK Army book, not the players).

Almost seems a bit unfair, eh?

Ganymede
26-12-2007, 17:41
It ain't that bad, I almost get a full unit of gnoblars with the slavegiant's point break.

tanglethorn
26-12-2007, 20:27
Very true. I think you might be better off going that way. Not many folks care too much about the Slave Giants compared to the DOW one.