PDA

View Full Version : New Knights of the Blood Keep models

Defender of Ulthuan
21-12-2007, 21:05
So, what do you all think of the KotBK models?

Personally, I feel a good job was done on the steeds. I liked the standard bearer model, and thought the musician looked great. I do not, however, like the champion model. The steed still looks good, as does most of the model. But what really kills me is that stupid sword arm he's got. I just hate it, and will replace it when I start counts at the revamp.

So, opinions?

Defender

ZeroTwentythree
21-12-2007, 21:12
I also didn't like the swordarm. I don't care for the giant bat wing helmets or the big spikes on the armour either. (OMG! Spikez on skullz on spikez!! :rolleyes: ) Other than that, they're nice looking. A bit disappointing after seeing how nice the plastic skellies and corpse cart look, I guess.

Freak Ona Leash
21-12-2007, 22:21
Not going to lie the "Buck-tooth Vampire of Killy Doomness" is dumb as ****. So yeah, Kastellan=fail and lose, others=win and glory.

sing Sang a song
22-12-2007, 00:40
yea champion looks really sucks his swordarm and face was disappointing but im still planning to get them and maybe just convert the champion in other way..,

mistformsquirrel
22-12-2007, 00:51
I'm thinking I may buy them, and swap their heads with some from another mini company. I pretty much like everything else about them; and I think with a little work they'd make really good Knights of Chaos.

ORKY ARD BOYZ
22-12-2007, 02:35
I really like the Blood knight's steeds becuase they're a nice change from the static steeds of chaos kinghts, silver helms, etc. I don't like the champion's head either but then they're not supposed to be human. I'm still going to convert the head though.

Ethlorien
22-12-2007, 02:47
Well, they're okay, but nothing special. I don't currently play VC myself and if I were to judge by these figures alone, I doubt I'd bother. There's a lot of models out there I feel are far better looking.

txamil
22-12-2007, 03:43
Are yo guys serious? I think they look amazing. New GW miniatures are finally getting dynamic.

Kongen
26-12-2007, 10:45
Im with txamil all the way

Voltaire
26-12-2007, 10:59
They look great but I am a bit half n half about how these models are equipped. If they are equipped as we see them then I'm not going to have a problem but people keep mentioning Lances and the models show no obvious sign of being 'Lanced' as it were.

Fist of Terra
26-12-2007, 11:26
They look great but I am a bit half n half about how these models are equipped. If they are equipped as we see them then I'm not going to have a problem but people keep mentioning Lances and the models show no obvious sign of being 'Lanced' as it were.

Lances would give them a (rumour has it) Str 7 charge which would be so overpowered it's not even funny. Pray for hand weapons only.

scarletsquig
26-12-2007, 11:42
The steeds are excellent, the style looks very similar to some of Rackham's stuff.

Good to see a sculptor who knows that horses have a lot more potential poses than "gallop" and "rear". I'm sick of how every mounted character in the entire WH range has an insane rearing horse that looks like it's about to chuck them off... even robohorse looks like it wants to kill it's rider. :evilgrin:

logan054
26-12-2007, 13:08
Cant say they male me actually want to buy any or even start a undead army when the new book comes out, im a much bigger fan of the grave guard models, cant stand the hosrse on the blood keep knights.

Urgat
26-12-2007, 15:50
mmh, lol:
When I've seen the pic, my first idea has been: I'd get that standard bearer and make a diorama just by placing a little mouse in front of him. The horse has just the right pose for that, seems leaping back coz it's scared of something :p

sulla
26-12-2007, 21:02
They are massive, which will make them impressive on the battlefield, and very dynamic but certainly don't suit red paint jobs.

They would probably look much more impressive in steel but with splashes of blood on the mouths and weapons.

I can't commit any more than that till I see them, but many a model looks far better in the flesh than in photographs painted in colourful manner.

Headsplitta
26-12-2007, 22:34
Generally speaking, I like the models but the Kastellan's head and the standard's horse. It look so bad!! It looks like he's (the horse) bucking to get rid of its rider.:eyebrows:

I will defenitely get them, get rid of the bucking horse and swap the Kastellan's head and sword.

If you look at this picture, there is a knight behind the Kastellan armed with a Lance. So yes they might have Str 7 on the charge!!:evilgrin:

http://warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31681&d=1197627994
http://warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31684&d=1197628004

These guys will rules the battlefield!! IMO:p

Khorghan
26-12-2007, 22:46
The skull on top of the standard looks so bad. Old school in a very bad way

all in all, dont like them-but i will use a few bits to convert heavily for my plastic chaos knights WIP(assuiming they are plastic)

Arnizipal
27-12-2007, 02:39
The models are ok, but I don't like the horses. They don't look undead at all.

Duke Georgal
27-12-2007, 02:48
The steeds are excellent, the style looks very similar to some of Rackham's stuff.

Good to see a sculptor who knows that horses have a lot more potential poses than "gallop" and "rear". I'm sick of how every mounted character in the entire WH range has an insane rearing horse that looks like it's about to chuck them off... even robohorse looks like it wants to kill it's rider. :evilgrin:

I think the rearing horses look good. That is how many generals, from Napolean to Pershing have been portrayed on their mounts when statues or paintings are made. It doesn't look reallistic, but it makes a point.

Duke Georgal
27-12-2007, 02:51
I can't commit any more than that till I see them, but many a model looks far better in the flesh than in photographs painted in colourful manner.

That is true.

I remember how bad the Albion Swamp Monsters looked in all the photographs, but when the models were assembled they were amazing.

Why can't GW hire a top notch staff photographer?

Their job it to make the figures look good so I will want to buy some.

Duke Georgal
27-12-2007, 02:54
For some reason I thought these uber-knights would be on 50mm square bases.

I think I will get this unit. I already have a complete 5,000 point Vampire army, so why not get the mega-beardy-cheesy-crap to finish it all off!

These guys could dominate a battlefield like no undead before.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
27-12-2007, 03:09
These guys are awesome! I love the new poses for the horses, they may not look all skelety and dead, but they don't look like they're normal, either. Totally badass, pat yourself on the back for these guys, GeeDub.

Sgt John Keel
27-12-2007, 05:08
The models are ok, but I don't like the horses. They don't look undead at all.

But then again, why should they? The current Vampire models do not have skeletal horses.

And as Pratchett's Death expressed it, a real horse is more comfortable.

/Adrian

kroq'gar
27-12-2007, 05:10
The photos arnt of the best quality, maybe up close they look a lot better. I dont mind them, though they dont look particularly scary.

kikkoman
27-12-2007, 05:49
I like 'em, carries on the 80's aesthetic with style.

I'd convert 'em into SUPERWIGHTS for an all wights/skeletal undead army.

dodicula
27-12-2007, 07:59
thumbs down all the way

Arnizipal
27-12-2007, 15:04
they may not look all skelety and dead, but they don't look like they're normal, either.
All that's different from regular horses is that these ones have red eyes. :eyebrows:

But then again, why should they? The current Vampire models do not have skeletal horses.

And as Pratchett's Death expressed it, a real horse is more comfortable.

/Adrian
Vampire Counts armybook page 32:

NIGHTMARES:
The greatest of the immortal Vampires and their servants ride into battle on Undead steeds called Nightmares. These are the carcasses of great warhorses brought back to life by necromantic arts. Balefire glows in their eyes and their decomposed bodies are rotted and foul.

explorator
27-12-2007, 15:12
I love the models and give them a thumbs up. I will be buying at least five of the models including the command group. I love the fact that we are getting so many previews of the new VC book and I am going to be spending some $ when it finally arrives.

FatOlaf
27-12-2007, 18:41
Have to say after having seen Manfred that I had such high hopes for them. Currently I am very very unimpressed...